+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I really hope this is a SaGa game but the music on the page reminds me of a dragon warrior/dragon quest game.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by astrael View Post
    Grandia 4 would be neat (sort of fits the theme so far since Grandia is always about exploration), but the series was launched in the 32-bit era, there's no precedent for it to have the 8-bit sound the teaser is giving.
    Grandia 4 was the first thing that came to mine but that's exactly why I didn't think that was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko
    arent you forgetting Unlimited Saga?
    We can all only hope to forget Unlimited SaGa. What the post you quoted forgot is that Romancing SaGa is a remake of the first one. The SaGa games themselves already have a screwed up numbering system. lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

Considering their last countdown was to announce a direct port of Chrono Trigger to the DS, I'd bet on another port. Is there a significant SE game with the number 4 that has not gotten any remakes?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Arnwulf View Post
    Considering their last countdown was to announce a direct port of Chrono Trigger to the DS, I'd bet on another port. Is there a significant SE game with the number 4 that has not gotten any remakes?
    The last countdown was Blood of Bahamut I thought? I thought the Chrono Trigger announcement was just the signature C on a site?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well, I guess you're right, Blood of Bahumut was the last one, I forgot. The Chrono Trigger one was a countdown, but it left very little to guess with the big C on the site and all lol. Maybe the "4" is just the number of years until the game actually comes out haha.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Boy drawn on the dragon now and it looks to be a DS title maybe. Nothing wrong with that I only have 4 DS games and shit loads of PSP games.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm gonna laugh so hard if SE is trolling the world... and when the countdown reaches 0 the sketch is gonna come to life in full PS3/360 3D rendered graphics lol. would be awesome

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Looks like a character style out of the final fantasy tactics series.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Embarassing moment here; if I've never played any of the FF:Tactics games, is best to start at the first one or are they stand alone games with no ongoing story?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I didn't really like the 2 on handhelds, the "advanced" series." The one on the original playstation was amazing though. As far as I know, none are related story wise. I didn't play a lot of the second FFT Advanced though, so, i'm not sure.

I was under the impression that the PSP version of FFTactics was pretty much identical to the PS1 version, with only slightly longer load times but additional characters and other content not available in the original. I've only played the psp version myself, but I really loved it, and I wasn't a big sRPG fan until I played it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh, yeah, I forgot they rereleased the original FFT on the PSP. I was thinking of the nintendo handheld versions.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    I was under the impression that the PSP version of FFTactics was pretty much identical to the PS1 version, with only slightly longer load times but additional characters and other content not available in the original. I've only played the psp version myself, but I really loved it, and I wasn't a big sRPG fan until I played it.
    It unfortunately also lacked what the US version of the PSX version lacked: 4 choose your own adventure style books that were rewards for completing certain errands(jobs.)

The translation, however, was much much better as long as you can acknowledge that Old English was and is real.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you are right about the PSP version of tactics.

for the page... the music and graphics really give us no clue, other than the style perhaps. the music is clearly 8-bit and I doubt they're releasing another NES game, so it's more of a throwback than anything. I seriously doubt it's in-game music.

the art style is a clue, but it's hard to say which series it could be referencing. tactics seems to be the most likely one. also, we have

1 - FFT
    2 - FFTA
    3 - FFTA2
    4 - ?

so that's an option. plus the dragon reminds me of FFT-style art. but that could also be way off.

then again, the music doesn't sound anything like any of the tactics soundtracks, even if you ignore the fact that it's 8-bit sound. it just doesn't sound like his style of composing at all. I could be wrong but I'd be shocked if I am. although they could make a tactics game without Sakimoto composing, so that doesn't rule anything out.

this really is a mystery... hopefully there will be more art soon. I'd like to figure it out before July 6.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Grandia is developed by Game Arts. Not Square Enix.

This is definitely not a Grandia game.

hmm... then in that case I change my vote to FF3-2, cuz why not

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

on second thought I am almost certain I've seen that dragon before, or one extremely similar to it. I am 99% sure on this. that's gonna bug me until we find out.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Grandia is developed by Game Arts. Not Square Enix.

This is definitely not a Grandia game.
    Lame.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Remake of DQ4! Hmm... Maybe not since Toriyama clearly didn't draw that picture. Or they could blow everyone's minds and make a fourth installment to the Chrono series. Yeah... ok lol.

It's probably gonna be another SaGa game. We'll find out on Sunday/Monday.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Remake of DQ4! Hmm... Maybe not since Toriyama clearly didn't draw that picture. Or they could blow everyone's minds and make a fourth installment to the Chrono series. Yeah... ok lol.

It's probably gonna be another SaGa game. We'll find out on Sunday/Monday.
    They just did a DS remake of DQ4; why the fuck would they do it again?

Wait, this is SE we're talking about. . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast