+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Graphics look the bastard offspring of FFTA and Gregory Horror Show.

New Odin
    BG Level

3d games on DS, why god why :/

If it's not even ps1 quality I don't think it's worth it.. >_>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wouldn't be surprised if they allow you to link w/ other DS's to play together. Title gives a strong co-op feel

A. Body
    BG Level

holy shit SE stop attaching final fantasy to every crapy game you make

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by EternityEnd View Post
    Severely disappointed. Graphics look shitty, and the story will undoubtedly be shitty being such an ancient FF game.
    Get out. The time paradox story from the original Final Fantasy was fucking awesome.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Graphics look like the other two 3d DS FF games.

Which were fantastic.

Also how is this ancient? It's not even a remake.
    The graphics look much worse than FFIV and FFIII.

Four warriors of light <- Clearly indicates some sort of remake of FFI or FFIII. If not, Square has only ever used "Four Warriors of Light" to describe nameless, generic main characters with little to no plot. See: FFI & FFIII. Thus, shitty story.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This is epic fail.....goodbye thread.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

i was about to defend handheld RPGS then i actually looked at the picture from the game

lol well at least other games havent looked that terrible before

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

we have two or three grainy screenshots to go on, of course the graphics look awful. I'd rather reserve judgment until I see the game in action.

that said, I'd still prefer 2d. although 2d doesn't mean a guarantee the graphics will be nice, look at the sprites in Devil Survivor's battle scenes (not the actual fights, the isometric view).

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Severely disappointed. Graphics look shitty, and the story will undoubtedly be shitty being such an ancient FF game.
    Latest Square Enix teaser game revealed as Final Fantasy Gaiden: The Four Warriors of Light

Final Fantasy Gaiden: The Four Warriors of Light is an original turn-based Final Fantasy RPG for DS
    Not a remake.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by GRT View Post
    holy shit SE stop attaching final fantasy to every crapy game you make
    If it is made by SE, and has a crystal in it, it shall be called Final Fantasy XXXXXXX

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Wow this looks like a remix of FFI story/gameplay with the new FFIII/FFIV DS graphics. Fuckin fail. This game is gonna feel as ancient as playing FF: Legends on Gameboy.

I think I would much prefer a remake of FFV or FFVI at this point.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Four warriors of light <- Clearly indicates some sort of remake of FFI or FFIII. If not, Square has only ever used "Four Warriors of Light" to describe nameless, generic main characters with little to no plot. See: FFI & FFIII. Thus, shitty story.
    Your logic is infallible; please teach me in your ways.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hrm, I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. I'm all for heedless speculation and bashing of a game before it's released, but I don't think people are really taking in the very small amount of information we've been given so far and making snap judgments based on bad or nonexistent info.

- it is not a remake. it is a new game.
    - it is a gaiden, or side story, which means it's a new game with a new story, although it could use the same world and characters as a previous game (and probably does since it's a gaiden). it may be based on FFI (or possibly FFIII?), but it is not a remake or a remix of either game.
    - all we have is the name, the few screenshots, and the fact that it is a new game and not a remake. we don't know anything else yet.

this is not to say it couldn't very well suck balls, but the amount of hate the game is getting based on the name and a few screens is a little over the top. let's wait until we know a little bit about the actual game - any details on gameplay, story, anything at all - before we decide it's the worst piece of shit since dirge of cerberus. I can understand being disappointed since it's not a new mana, chrono, or grandia game, but I think turning that disappointment into unfettered rantings of hate is a little much.

I think people really do underestimate the graphics the DS is capable of as well. Sure there are some crappy looking games out for it, but DS games that have been specifically designed to play up the DS's strengths and conceal its weaknesses are easy enough to come by, especially when they come from developers with a history of making good games for the system-- something I think that's true for any console at some point.

But yea, graphics are only one part of a game and Yuri is right.

For the record, Seiken Densetsu (Mana series) was originally also called Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden. This isn't the first time they've done something like this, and look what came of the previous entry. Heck Seiken Densetsu reused the sprites and graphics from FF1, Warriors of Light and all. This could just be an attempt to make a new series, since "Final Fantasy" has long since deviated from its roots and there's not much hope for them to go back.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well the site is updated now with the stuff that has been posted with some nice music if you want to check it out.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Looks decent but...yeah, handheld :/

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I wish they would remake FF5. I'm probably more cockhungry for a that than anything they can spew out. I don't think FF5 was really popular though...

well no, I'm cockhungry for a good -mana or chrono game. blargal

Quote Originally Posted by astrael View Post
    For the record, Seiken Densetsu (Mana series) was originally also called Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden. This isn't the first time they've done something like this, and look what came of the previous entry. Heck Seiken Densetsu reused the sprites and graphics from FF1, Warriors of Light and all. This could just be an attempt to make a new series, since "Final Fantasy" has long since deviated from its roots and there's not much hope for them to go back.
    If Final Fantasy DID go back to their roots I sure hope it has everything to do with story, settings and characters and absolutely nothing to do with gameplay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast