+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I wish they would stop remaking the really, really old games and start remaking FFVI and VII with better graphics. They essentially already have very good graphics they could use for the majority of FFVII... (Crisis Core, Dissidia, etc)

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

*ahem*

THIS GAME IS NOT A REMAKE!

Only on the Internet would a bunch of people piss and moan about a new game coming out. Christ, are people never happy unless it's another goddamn FFVII spinoff game?

Personally I felt like Crisis Core was outright pandering and the game, although better than Dirge of Cerb., would have been considered incredibly mediocre if it was just a generic action title without the FF name attached to it.

Not to over-romanticize but personally I'd rather have a brand new FF game with (potentially) crap graphics (and somewhat dated gameplay, although on a handheld it doesn't feel dated but rather appropriate) than more fan service that lacks a lot of the charm of the original.

Despite it not being my favorite, a straight up remake of FFVII would of course be nice but at this point it'd have to shoot out lasers that cure AIDS to live up to everyone's standards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The timer is done, but all the text is in Japanese. Can someone translate so that we don't just shut down a game based on the assumption that it is like the original FF games.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Wow this looks like a remix of FFI story/gameplay with the new FFIII/FFIV DS graphics. Fuckin fail. This game is gonna feel as ancient as playing FF: Legends on Gameboy.

I think I would much prefer a remake of FFV or FFVI at this point.
    I liked legends. The first time through anyways. If they are gonna try old school style game, you gotta use sprites SE! Duh! You can't use shitty polygon models, it just makes it look like a kids version of WoW...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by sephir View Post
    The timer is done, but all the text is in Japanese. Can someone translate so that we don't just shut down a game based on the assumption that it is like the original FF games.
    Not sure if this has all of the info from the countdown page, but it is all I could find:

Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

the game has been given a JP release date & price point;

Square Enix’s newest branch on the Final Fantasy tree, The Four Warriors of Light, will come out in Japan on October 29.

The game will retail for 5,980 yen ($62), the same price as DS games based on established franchises like Dragon Quest IX and Final Fantasy IV.

Speaking of Final Fantasy IV, staff that worked on the Final Fantasy III and IV remakes are working on Final Fantasy Gaiden: The Four Light Warriors. As of now Square Enix has not announced any plans to release The Four Light Warriors outside of Japan, but an international release seems likely.
    Siliconera

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks interesting. I'll rent it to try it out upon release then buy if it's any good.

Still would rather a FFV remake. Q_Q

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by astrael View Post
    For the record, Seiken Densetsu (Mana series) was originally also called Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden.
    I thought it was Final Fantasy Adventure, not Gaiden? Or was just the original JP title before changing the name from Gaiden to Adventure?

And it's not necessarily a side story concurrent with a previous game. Was Ninja Gaiden that way? May as well compare gaidens to gaidens here.

As for the graphics, it does leave a lot to be desired. Looks like they spent all their budget in other places, instead. Like the game mechanics, battle system, story, features, side quests, and minigames.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wtf @ their pricing model over there.

Makes me wonder how much they're going to charge for FFXIII in Japan if their handheld prices are anything to go by.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Probably because the story sucked
    I do beleive I must disagree wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Wtf @ their pricing model over there.

Makes me wonder how much they're going to charge for FFXIII in Japan if their handheld prices are anything to go by.
    Actually, S-E routinely charges 40 bucks for DS games in the US, $5-10 more than pretty much every other game company out there with few exceptions. I think when asked about it they said some bullshit about having to use "larger cartridges" or something, which I have a tough time believing.

And yeah, I know things are supposed to be expensive in Japan but $62 is tits-off ridiculous

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They use 1/2gbit (aka 128/256mb) cartridges for most of their titles (primarily thanks to their FMV obsession), so it is bullshit as they're not the only company making use of them.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

think SE is still trying to make back the money they lost from spirits within? lulz

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    think SE is still trying to make back the money they lost from spirits within? lulz
    Pretty sure they made that back (and some) from FFXI subscribers.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    I doubt it; that's why Square Co. Ltd sold nearly half the company to Sony and later merged with Enix since they were both having financial issues.

looks like this is getting a US Release, yay

http://kotaku.com/5549110/final-fant...-ds-in-october

October 5th! With Lufia for DS this fall as well, I might have reason to start playing my DS again.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Fuck you Square. Localize Blood of Bahamut.

Hope the EU release isn't more than 2 months later than the US or I'm gonna have to import it. ^^

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Fuck you Square. Localize Blood of Bahamut.
    You read my mind. I instantly thought of BoB too when I saw that this was coming to the US. I was so excited about that game when I first saw it, but no plans of bringing it here still

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleAura View Post
    Hope the EU release isn't more than 2 months later than the US or I'm gonna have to import it. ^^
    Wiki says the EU release is 3 days later, but I don't know how accurate that is.