+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    Actually, S-E routinely charges 40 bucks for DS games in the US, $5-10 more than pretty much every other game company out there with few exceptions. I think when asked about it they said some bullshit about having to use "larger cartridges" or something, which I have a tough time believing.

And yeah, I know things are supposed to be expensive in Japan but $62 is tits-off ridiculous
    all you needed to say was "$40 for Chrono Trigger." SE will charge as much as they can for a DS game, no matter how little justification there actually is.

http://www.actionbutton.net/?p=624

A bit of a review for the game. I do like it, at least from this. Don't expect mind-asploding breakthroughs here, but it's something I'd plug into my DS and play, have fun, and that'd be that.

Edit add: Soundbites from the game pulled from a review link:

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/25620/

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Fuck you Square. Localize Blood of Bahamut.
    Was that game even good?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Dumb question, but did anyone get a rip of that 8 bit music they had on the countdown?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kais View Post
    Was that game even good?
    I only did the first fight, holding out in the hopes it'll be localized eventually. Seemed pretty fun, I just tend to find turn based RPGs exceptionally boring nowadays so anything different is good in my books.

SE says 'RPG's don't need storylines;

Life isn't all rainbows and unicorn-flavored candy over at Square Enix. In fact, long-time scenario writer Miwa Shoda is a bit peeved at her employers right now.

Shoda has been with Square since 1995 (Squaresoft!) and pens epic tales for big name titles like Legend of Mana, SaGa Frontier, Final Fantasy XII. So what's her beef with Square Enix? Apparently, the company wants her to focus less on actual story, and she expressed her indignation on Twitter.

I've worked all over the place and gained a great deal of valuable experience from all sorts of people, and learned approaches to writing games I would not have been able to do on my own, but the one approach I could never understand is the notion that 'games don't need storylines. But when I was told that RPGs don't need storylines, I was really shocked. They said players weren't after a storyline, so the bare minimum of events would suffice.

Sounds like she has valid reasoning to be upset. After all, she's a writer, and now someone above her in the corporate hierarchy is telling her to quit trying so hard. Obviously, Shoda doesn't name names or reveal any specifics.
    ~Source http://www.neoseeker.com/news/13983-...in-storylines/

Wonder if Shoda worked on 4 Warriors of Light?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleAura View Post
    SE says 'RPG's don't need storylines

WTF are they smoking?

/stares at Final Fantasy XIII.

joystiq has a video about the battle system, since this is coming out in less than 2 weeks. It looks pretty neat, although I'm not sure if I like the battle system, seems like a mix between dragon quest and gambits or something

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/23/fi...-in/#continued

I'll probably give it a whirl, but that could be because it's called final fantasy. Anyone else?

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Same I'm gonna give it a shot when it comes out. Probably play it really slow though since I have a bunch of handheld games on my hand (tehehe) right now and a bunch of ps3 games coming soon that I want.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
    joystiq has a video about the battle system, since this is coming out in less than 2 weeks. It looks pretty neat, although I'm not sure if I like the battle system, seems like a mix between dragon quest and gambits or something

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/23/fi...-in/#continued

I'll probably give it a whirl, but that could be because it's called final fantasy. Anyone else?
    Looks pretty interesting, might give it a shot depending on reviews. Although the retro style music is pretty catchy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9