+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clevland Show Pilot     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Clevland Show Pilot

Not sure if this is leaked or old news or what, but I just found the pilot to the Clevland show.

Pretty much horrible, but who knows it may get decent?

The Cleveland Show 1x01 Pilot (2009) DivX - icefilms.info

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did people expect this to be good?

Ridill
    BG Level

this is seriously a horrible horrible idea and whoever gave the show a green light should be shot.
    Isnt it the same exact formula as Family Guy?
    Clevland magically goes from divorced with only 1 hyper active kid to a new wife, a daughter, a baby (who talks) and now his own hyperactive kid who gained 300pounds.
    waiting for the talking pet to make an appearance.

Theres already a family guy ripoff. its called American Dad. And all 3 are made by the same person. American Dad at least has funnier jokes, which isnt saying much, but I see very little hope for this show. I hope it doesnt get picked up.

I used to love Family Guy, but after about the 3rd season it just got dumb as hell.

First 3 seasons of Family Guy were great, now I only ever watch it if someone let's me know there's a decent episode coming up. American Dad I am still enjoying it surprisingly. I think it's because of Roger mainly. <3

Now to check out this Cleveland Show.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

you know whats sad? this was funnier than any family guy ive seen recently.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well even if you like it or not I heard fox had already ordered a 2nd season of this before it will even air.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

it was horrible

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

first part with family guy people was fine, after that, fail

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

American Dad actually got decent after awhile...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr View Post
    American Dad actually got decent after awhile..
    Only character I find funny is Stan's Boss, and only because he's voiced by Patrick Stewart. Without him shows tend to be a mess of unlikable characters reading leftover scripts from Family Guy.

Ridill
    BG Level

I do have to give Seth props for all his voices tho. He's got a hell of a lot of them and they all sound extraordinarily different (except dr guy and lois' father)
    he should just stop writing and everything will be fine.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I do have to give Seth props for all his voices tho. He's got a hell of a lot of them and they all sound extraordinarily different (except dr guy and lois' father)
    he should just stop writing and everything will be fine.
    Funny you mention the Dr and Lois' father. They just played the episode recently where they brought up the fact that they sound alike.

I didn't expect the pilot to be funny mainly due to the fact that most of the jokes/gags were used in clips for the preview of the show. I usually try to give a new show 3-5 episodes to get on track and if it doesn't I just stop watching. American Dad was pretty terrible to start off but it got a little better and is watchable.

All I know is that King of the Hill fans (they have fans?) are pissed because Fox dropped the show for this, so now Sundays is going to have 3 Seth McFarlane shows: Family Guy, American Dad, and The Cleveland Show. Now we just need something to replace the Simpsons....that show has run it's course and needed to end years ago.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Now we just need something to replace the Simpsons....that show has run it's course and needed to end years ago.
    Something like Futurama... wait... damnit Comedy Central already claimed that...

btw the Goode Family has been pretty good for a King of the Hill replacement.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I always felt that Futurama should have replaced the Simpsons. That show has been on for a very long time and honestly should have ended years ago.

Simpsons is still way funnier than that Cleveland bullshit. I laughed 3 times and 2 of them were at Family Guy characters... "Bye chocolate people" lol

Worst show ever.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I always felt that Futurama should have replaced the Simpsons. That show has been on for a very long time and honestly should have ended years ago.
    You're forgetting that the people at FOX are completely out of their fucking skulls when it comes to scheduling their better scripted programming. They almost killed the Simpsons when it begain to gain popularity by moving to a timeslot in direct competition with The Cosby Show. It's unsurprising then that they pre-empted a dozen Futurama episodes with BASEBALL and cancelled the first run of Family Guy. They just don't know what to do when they get a hit show. It's a miracle 24 is still on the air.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If I remember way back when, Simpsons demolished The Cosby Show when they were in the same time slot.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They lost in the ratings for a good while before finally beating Cosby, only to be moved back to their original time slot. I don't even remember what FOX put in after that ended.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My brother was a consultant for Fox years ago and they'd pay him heaps of money for advice then turn around and ignore him. I guess it was a pretty cherry job with a 600k/year something salary and he was able to telecommute from home 90% of the time.

Lucky bastard

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Just watched it and laughed once at the "Bye Chocolate people" thing, and that was it. The jokes were downright bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast