BG Level

you aint black

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    you aint black

LOL never ever listen to Brill Weave, he tells horrible lies! I'm not a nigga I just black a lot?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Woozie knows what's up.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Woozie is Wayne Brady.

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

I do NOT look like wayne brady D:

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

hah, yes you do.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Pirian View Post
    It's probably about the same, if not less, for Jew's who don't eat pork.
    Actually, that 2% figure was just the statistic on shellfish allergies in the US. The actual number of people who don't eat shellfish, who also happen to be Christian, may be higher.

Signed up for galaxyzoo, never knew about this site. I think I found a major distraction for when I'm going to be studying.

Oh, and one of the Nobel in Chemistry winners this year (announced today) is from Milwaukee, WI. Thomas A. Steitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseos View Post
    Oh, and one of the Nobel in Chemistry winners this year (announced today) is from Milwaukee, WI. Thomas A. Steitz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You came to mind when I saw that on the news

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    You came to mind when I saw that on the news
    *high five*

While I was categorizing galaxies instead of studying, I came across this image:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/zoo2_extra/295927.jpg

Is this just a corrupted image, or is there something else I'm missing?

I know this style of image (the green/red pixelation) means it's part of the new stripe 82 images from sloan. It sort of looks like absorption spectrum lines, but there isn't any spectrum.

EDIT: I posted this on their analysis forums earlier, but it looks like it only gets activity every few days.

Just thought I'd share a link with everyone, bit old now (August 09) but it covers the GenIV program and gives a synopsis of the different types of reactor core designs for GenIV and their potential operations/uses. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the TL;DR version in chart form.

Generation IV Nuclear Reactors

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

The plot, it thickens!

France has arrested a researcher at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (Cern) for suspected links with al-Qaeda, officials have said.

The 32-year-old man of Algerian descent was one of two brothers detained in the south-east town of Vienne on Thursday.

Police believe they had been in contact over the internet with people linked to al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb, and had been planning attacks in France.
    Cern's Large Hadron Collider is aiming to recreate conditions of the Big Bang.

The organisation confirmed that a physicist working at its site had been arrested "under suspicion of links to terrorist organisations", and said it was helping the French police with their investigation.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He would have cranked the dial from "Harmless" to "All-Devouring" on the black hole machine in the name of Allah.

Also,

"He was not a Cern employee and performed his research under a contract with an outside institute. His work did not bring him into contact with anything that could be used for terrorism," it said.

BG Level

It's just evidence that the LHC is actually a terrorist doom machine.

assburgers
    BG Level

I hate people, I really do.

So i just had a "duh" moment with myself. Modern physics exam on Monday (I lied before about my exam schedule and I can't read a calendar, so I have this weekend to study for it), going over the first homework assignment which involved complex numbers and adding waves. I completely missed the identities my teacher gave us for complex numbers and sinusoidal functions, and as a result had no idea how to convert from either to the other lol. Now how you went through those transformations makes even more sense. Just thought I'd share my "Hey I got it but I'm an idiot" moment, lol

Now I get to move on to studying Fourier Transforms, Interference, and Michelson Interferometers.

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

I just noticed a mistake in that post. I forgot the "i" that's supposed to be on one of the sin(theta).

Also, if your library has a mathematical methods book or advanced engineering math book, that would probably help you a lot in terms of understanding fourier transforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    It's just evidence that the LHC is actually a terrorist doom machine.
    As if we really needed any more evidence for that. It's already a well known fact that the LHC is going to destroy us all.

BG Level

I know this because i saw it in a movie once.