+ Reply to Thread
Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 233 273 281 282 283

Thread: Large Hardon Collider     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It'll just burn up in the atmosphere like in the Simpsons obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...r-solar-system

NASA will hold a news conference at 1 p.m. EST Wednesday, Feb. 22, to present new findings on planets that orbit stars other than our sun, known as exoplanets. The event will air live on NASA Television and the agency's website.

Details of these findings are embargoed by the journal Nature until 1 p.m.

Limited seating is available in the NASA TV studio for media who would like to attend in person at the agency’s Headquarters at 300 E Street SW in Washington. Media unable to attend in person may ask questions by telephone. To attend in person or participate by phone, media must send an email with their name, affiliation and telephone number to Dwayne Brown at dwayne.c.brown@nasa.gov by noon Feb. 22.

Media and the public also may ask questions during the briefing on Twitter using the hashtag #askNASA.

The briefing participants are:

· Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington

· Michael Gillon, astronomer at the University of Liege in Belgium

· Sean Carey, manager of NASA's Spitzer Science Center at Caltech/IPAC, Pasadena, California

· Nikole Lewis, astronomer at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore

· Sara Seager, professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge

A Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) about exoplanets will be held following the briefing at 3 p.m. with scientists available to answer questions in English and Spanish.
    Was reading elsewhere that they found a large blue planet. Hoping it's big announcement.

BG's favorite asshole
    I have a fairly serious medical question to ask, if I dont ask it, please ban me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Lol still getting excited for pre-announced NASA press conferences.

My bet is proxcen stuff and "look at how many exoplanets we have discovered!"

I work a few doors down from the most prestigious exoplanet fellow in the country and I haven't heard anything good. Though to be fair, I haven't gone out of my way to ask her anything.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

When do we start terraforming these planets, sending families to colonize them, then lose the colony to a couple of facehuggers?
    Until then, can't be anything that exciting.

BG's favorite asshole
    I have a fairly serious medical question to ask, if I dont ask it, please ban me.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just had a really great thought for how I can help you guys know in advance if something is important or not:

If the free pizza lunch where phd students and post-docs talk about their work while researchers in their 60s who don't give a single fuck about it sit on their phones and laptops in order to get free pizza is scheduled at the same time as a NASA press conference and hasn't been cancelled yet, the press conference isn't important.

I'm gonna be at the free pizza talk, too. Checkmate, aliens.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I just had a really great thought for how I can help you guys know in advance if something is important or not:

If the free pizza lunch where phd students and post-docs talk about their work while researchers in their 60s who don't give a single fuck about it sit on their phones and laptops in order to get free pizza is scheduled at the same time as a NASA press conference and hasn't been cancelled yet, the press conference isn't important.

I'm gonna be at the free pizza talk, too. Checkmate, aliens.
    You've got it all figured out hombre.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Sounds pretty lit, 7 likely rocky worlds, 3 of which are in the habitable zone, around a cool dwarf star 40 light years away.

https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/news/141...d-single-star/

BG's favorite asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Sounds pretty lit, 7 likely rocky worlds, 3 of which are in the habitable zone, around a cool dwarf star 40 light years away.

https://exoplanets.nasa.gov/news/141...d-single-star/
    BYA thread for on-topic bitching and moaning. Or see Roy's FB.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://www.spacex.com/news/2017/02/2...moon-next-year

We are excited to announce that SpaceX has been approached to fly two private citizens on a trip around the moon late next year. They have already paid a significant deposit to do a moon mission. Like the Apollo astronauts before them, these individuals will travel into space carrying the hopes and dreams of all humankind, driven by the universal human spirit of exploration. We expect to conduct health and fitness tests, as well as begin initial training later this year. Other flight teams have also expressed strong interest and we expect more to follow. Additional information will be released about the flight teams, contingent upon their approval and confirmation of the health and fitness test results.
    Exciting stuff.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag