Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I think it's unfair and stupid to limit NIN with this in front/behind bullshit when they did not do it to Seigan/Hasso on a job much fucking stronger than NIN could ever DD, same with SAM SJ on WAR/DRG/DRK.
    It's a way to limit these two JAs because the bonus effects are going to be so incredibly impressive than they really needed to make it somehow trickier to use!

(yeah, sure...)

I don't know. First of all I'm glad they added these two abilities, better than nothing. But after this feeble sense of happiness what remains? Little.
    Innin looks like the most effective of the two if you manage to get in a party that, for once, likes/wants to keep some sort of positioning (that might be easier than it sounds, in the end).
    Yonin looks... meh. It's nice, I just don't think it will cover the gap between NIN and PLD on "serious" events. I personally would have really loved to see some real attention on NIN's tanking role. I mean... from a MMORPG with 20 classes to play it feels very very very bizarre when in the end you have only one real tank for the hardest conten; it's sad they didn't try to "fix" this with this JA, now that they had a chance.
    Guess it was unnecessary? Guess the game is too old/close to die? Guess players are happy for things to stay that way? Maybe.

Still, I think both those JAs are welcome additions

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities."

Do i get the feeling that something for BLM is acoming??? :3

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

About time Ninja gets some new tools like this, I hope it will be pretty okey.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now all NIN needs is an A in Gkt, access to Hagun, meditate, hasso, seigan, third eye, and tachi weapon skills to be useful in merits.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGG. That's actually pretty badass for NIN, I know a friend who's going to cream himself over it lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    Nin needs to DD for hate and unless the enmity increase is big enough to more than offset the lack of acc then NIN will have more problems with hate than before.
    I'm thinking this will be the ability you use when tanking in endgame scenarios when DDing on NIN is highly impractical.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    It's not a bad thought to straight tanked mobs or even when you do Dynamis/Limbus and shit where there is a set tank I guess but seriously who does that anymore? You can melee burn both of those and anything with like a WAR for SAM first voker or whatever. I don't mind the limitation on the first ability but the second is just being mean really. I also don't see why the timers are shared when Seigan and Hasso are not, it's just pointless.
    The shared timers with decreasing effect are probably going to make these job abilities almost worthless. And they are 5 minute durations and recasts, so hope you don't get dispelled.

This was not thought through. >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Anyone else find the fact that "The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time." kinda odd? Either leads me to think that possibly the initial amounts will be a huge increase some what like sentinel stretched over a long period or generally the effects will be relatively unnoticeable. I'm leaning more towards the first honestly and maybe even these abilities will have some really big + and - enmity values attached. Well here's hoping they won't be totally underwhelming.

Edit: Ya I was thinking about the dispel issues it's kinda stupid for stuff especially like tanking Odin. These should be stances with 1 minute recasts but again the initial values added might be strong so hard to say.

would've been cooler if innin gave a boost to crit damage from behind instead of crit rate. nin/thf sata metsu/ten

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The Mijin adjustment might be interesting... you could use it when you're in a tight fix, for example, in order to have a free second chance in addition to doing some extra damage. But yeah, overall this probably isn't going to make NIN a more widely-used job.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I like the Crit rate increase whilst accuracy is impaired on the tank JA. w

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This has potential, but I want my fucking Jubaku: Ni. Also wtf at this front and back shit, that is just rude of them.

Also I was confused at this Mijin adjustment. Are we going to RR unweakened with 50% HP, or still weakened but with 50% of our unweakened max HP? If we still have the weakness effects that update is useless.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    "Other jobs, too, are scheduled to benefit from myriad adjustments to magic and abilities."

Do i get the feeling that something for BLM is acoming??? :3
    Be sure to drop a "Where are my BLM changes?!" when it doesn't happen.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    This has potential, but I want my fucking Jubaku: Ni. Also wtf at this front and back shit, that is just rude of them.

Also I was confused at this Mijin adjustment. Are we going to RR unweakened with 50% HP, or still weakened but with 50% of our unweakened max HP? If we still have the weakness effects that update is useless.
    You'll be unweakened. It basically does what Nagi does currently, and they'll change Nagi to give a -VIT effect to the target mob when using Mjin or something.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I think this may be enough to make me finish off my NIN63! :O

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Be sure to drop a "Where are my BLM changes?!" when it doesn't happen.
    Ya I'm not holding my breath or making any guesses what other jobs they'll be updating after this. Nin was the only one for sure that I was expecting 100% to get something soon.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

After the initial moment of joy that nin is getting any sort of update, looking into these /ja I see Yonin being of more use than Innin. If you merriting on nin your likely going to be asked to voke the mobs as they come in, so the mobs are going to be facing you (until the sam ws's) leaving you with the fantastic bonuses of -emn and -eva!

Yonin for nin/drk kiting sound great though for the +emnity and +eva in front. Also depending on the amount of +eva and -acc could make for some nice solo play with Yonin and nin/dnc eva set up.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    You'll be unweakened. It basically does what Nagi does currently, and they'll change Nagi to give a -VIT effect to the target mob when using Mjin or something.
    Well that is a welcome fix. Still, if the accuracy down on Yonin is very much it is going to be rough, capping acc on nin is hard enough as is. If the enmity buff is huge though I guess it will be ok tanking wise, but it will just extend the fight. The whole degrading over time will be interesting too.

[rant] I still want Jubaku: Ni, Ichi wears so fast when soloing that it's about stupid.[/rant]

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post

That update is useless regardless.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by SE
    Other magic and job abilities scheduled to be on the receiving end of improvements will be introduced in the very near future, so stay tuned!
    MAGIC !!!!

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    Anyone else find the fact that "The potency of the above effects gradually decreases over time." kinda odd? Either leads me to think that possibly the initial amounts will be a huge increase some what like sentinel stretched over a long period or generally the effects will be relatively unnoticeable. I'm leaning more towards the first honestly and maybe even these abilities will have some really big + and - enmity values attached. Well here's hoping they won't be totally underwhelming.

Edit: Ya I was thinking about the dispel issues it's kinda stupid for stuff especially like tanking Odin. These should be stances with 1 minute recasts but again the initial values added might be strong so hard to say.
    Sounds like Saber dance where the initial amount is somewhere around 50% Double attack and possibly decreases 10% every 1 min. It will probably be something like +10 Enmity that decreases every min.