Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

I wonder how much acc and crit rate+ it's gonna be, and enmity down - funny thing, the better NIN you are the worse this skill seem to be

Also duration = recast is awsome, I wish SE would adjust Aggressor the same way >.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

*Notes
    The effects of both Yonin and Innin are mutually exclusive. Activating one while the other is in effect will result in the nullification of the one originally in effect.
    Yonin and Innin have a shared ability delay. For example, a ninja who uses Yonin must wait for five minutes to elapse before either ability becomes usable again.
    The bolded paragraph is pretty unnecessary. They share a 5 minute timer so how are you going to activate one while the other is in effect?
    You can pull some tricks like talk to an NPC to freeze the duration, or logout (if it stays on while logged), did they really put this info in just for that?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    The bolded paragraph is pretty unnecessary. They share a 5 minute timer so how are you going to activate one while the other is in effect?
    You can pull some tricks like talk to an NPC to freeze the duration, or logout (if it stays on while logged), did they really put this info in just for that?
    Random deal, and other types of JA resets (wild card, revitalizer, etc) I guess?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They look pretty nice and certainly will improve the job. Plus, you can probably counter accuracy issues easily with sushi tbh. i'm more intrigued at the boost at damage to ninjutsu spells. This could help make NIN a much better overall DD. I'm looking forward to how this all plays out :D

I think it'll last two hours, not 5 minutes. Why?
    - Composure
    (Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Composure lasts 2 hours.

- Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)

They probably made the same mistake.

Edit: Forgot the whole "decreases over time thing" so I guess not... but yeah

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I'm a little curious how strong ninjutsu will be with Innin.. strangely its states you have to be standing behind the mob, casting ninjutsu to get that bonus

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    They look pretty nice and certainly will improve the job. Plus, you can probably counter accuracy issues easily with sushi tbh. i'm more intrigued at the boost at damage to ninjutsu spells. This could help make NIN a much better overall DD. I'm looking forward to how this all plays out :D
    Believe it or not even with Sushi it's hard to cap ACC on Ninja at harder camps like Mamools. It's pretty easy at birds but you still need madrigal or crab sushi unless you're rocking dual hq snipers, Usu body, and Usu feet. After playing WAR I hate going back to nin and the fail that is Dual Wield now.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

About Yonin:
    The US version says that when in front, it grants a bonus to critical hit rate.
    The FR version says that when in front, it lowers critical hit rate taken.

I hope the Fr version is actually the good one, as it goes along with the "tanking" stance side. Lowering accuracy and increasing crit hit rate is quite a nonsense, even for SE (at least I hope). That's pretty good for nin/drk, nin/rdm and soloing I'd say.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zelduh View Post
    I think it'll last two hours, not 5 minutes. Why?
    - Composure
    (Lv.50 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Composure lasts 2 hours.

- Yonin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)

They probably made the same mistake.

Edit: Forgot the whole "decreases over time thing" so I guess not... but yeah

good catch but it still remains to be seen what the duration actually is. there are bunch of stance abilities with JA duration and delay being exactly the same (eg Velocity Shot) tho what Yonin and Innin resemble the most now is Fan and Saber Dance...
    same duration/delay, diminishing effects and so on

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

something wrong with input of japanese text..
    so ill cut to the important parts.

Japanese version:

Yonin
    さらに敵の正面にいる場合に限り、

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I have never done this myself but I've heard that /dnc can hold hate pretty decently. Coupled with the enmity increase is that possibly what their intention was.... for limbus/exp before merits/dynamis etc... sub dnc pop the enmity+ and spam dances..

Prolly just me but lately I feel like SE keeps telling me I'm doing nin wrong, and that I should always be subbing /dnc and support...

Ya prolly just me.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

makes sense since they're opposite
    Acc and eva
    enmity- and enmity+
    crit given, crit taken

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

All this really is doing though is gimping Nagi.

But really, pretty hot. Now if only they made more use of throwing skills D:

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

-crit taken is certainly better while tanking.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    We heard about NINs getting two abilities(to reduce and increase enmity), but never had any knowledge they would have so many other bonuses.

Concerning jobs mentioned in interviews... What does that leave us with? SMN?
    The WHM adjustments were never mentioned, so I don't necessarily think they are following the year and a half old schedule anymore.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Revitozu View Post
    All this really is doing though is gimping Nagi.

But really, pretty hot. Now if only they made more use of throwing skills D:
    I'm sure ALL the Nagi owners dont mind

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    I think it's unfair and stupid to limit NIN with this in front/behind bullshit when they did not do it to Seigan/Hasso on a job much fucking stronger than NIN could ever DD, same with SAM SJ on WAR/DRG/DRK.
    Right because NIN totally doesn't have access to the most broken set of DPS weapons in the game >

Granted shuriken are ungodly expensive and hard to come by (which is what I was really hoping the NIN update would address) but they're still there for anyone who wants to use them. A 9 DPS weapon by level 18 is quite retarded when you consider how late other jobs have comparable DPS.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ddboner View Post
    I have never done this myself but I've heard that /dnc can hold hate pretty decently. Coupled with the enmity increase is that possibly what their intention was.... for limbus/exp before merits/dynamis etc... sub dnc pop the enmity+ and spam dances..

Prolly just me but lately I feel like SE keeps telling me I'm doing nin wrong, and that I should always be subbing /dnc and support...

Ya prolly just me.
    I've tried this and Nin/dnc is pretty useless outside of solo. The lack of 10% DA and Berserk really just kills your hate. And you need 2 FM for animated flourish to even be a relevent voke. It really just doesn't work worth shit and the damage loss isn't worth the hassle.

With the new ability coming and for the flat purpose of holding hate I guess this could be worth a try, but slowing down the battle to get the same result hate wise is about pointless.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

WHAT IF YOU CAN'T CANCEL THE ABILITIES AND THEY DOUBLE YOUR RECAST TIMERS

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    I like the Crit rate increase whilst accuracy is impaired on the tank JA. w
    LOL I actually wondered if that was a mistranslation of decreased enemy crit rate or something.