Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by QotsaM View Post
    About Yonin:
    The US version says that when in front, it grants a bonus to critical hit rate.
    The FR version says that when in front, it lowers critical hit rate taken.

I hope the Fr version is actually the good one, as it goes along with the "tanking" stance side. Lowering accuracy and increasing crit hit rate is quite a nonsense, even for SE (at least I hope). That's pretty good for nin/drk, nin/rdm and soloing I'd say.
    I suspected this!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by eva00r View Post
    MAGIC !!!!
    very near future is what they said about avatars two updates ago lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Be sure to drop a "Where are my BLM changes?!" when it doesn't happen.
    yea i'm not holding my breath either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

BST is really the final frontier of widespread uselessness. In comparison with that or even with oldschool DD left behind by the 2h update, or SMN, BLMs really need to shut the fuck up.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I suspected this!
    yea.. it definitely seems to be the case...

and makes more sense..

seeing as Yonin and Innin are conceptually opposed ala Yin and Yang

increase enmity <-> decrease enmity
    reduced accuracy <-> reduced evasion
    bonus to evasion <-> bonus to accuracy
    crit hit taken <-> crit hit dealt
    standing in front <-> standing behind

and the last one which is qualitatively different anyway
    ninjutsu efficiency <-> ninjutsu damage

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

These job abilities sound neat. If the effects gradually decrease over time I expect the initial values to be fairly high.

Mijin update is good too, provided you've got reraise on.

This looks good and encourages me to do the NIN job quest finally . I think the announcement layout format is similar to WHM and RDM adjustments and I bet they are planning one for the rest of the patiently waiting jobs eventually.

But the animations remind me of..
    Amber Tambourine, Blue Tambourine

- Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

Honestly, this will turn out to be useless and an ability no ninja uses imo. Best proof i could show to support this would be Thf merits. There is a reason that no Thf merits Ambush and it would be this stupid concept to only get the benefit behind the mob.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

I really want to complain that the abilities are on one 5min timer, whereas other yin yang JA are on 2 different 1min timers for other jobs... but this is the first boost to nin in ever(well maybe not, but im super emonin). So i will be happy and continue to kick ass.

JUBAKU NI!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

JUBAKU NI!
    I'd take this alone over all of these new updates.

Gunitsoldier

THIS convinces you to unlock AND level NIN?

You're fucking retarded.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The long cooldowns and positional requirements make these sound not so great. Aside from maybe an oh-shit evasion + JA for solo/lowman, and a boost to nin/drk enmity generation (how often to people use nin/drk to anymore thou?).

Spoiler: show
    But seriously where's my jubaku fucking ni?

Trigun

I know theres 8 circles, but someone needs to be on top of a Dragonball Mod for that ^^b

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Be sure to drop a "Where are my BLM changes?!" when it doesn't happen.
    Exactly. I said that last week, everyone just KNEW Blm changes were going to be announced today.

NOT.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Infini View Post
    SMN and BLM are really the other 2 jobs needing a major fixing in terms of play (smn) and endurance (Blm).
    You sir, are fucking retarded.

Black Mage needs an update.
    Thief needs an update to be something other than TH.
    Ranger needs an update.
    Beastmaster needs an update.
    Dark Knight needs an update.
    Summoner needs an update.
    Blue Mage needs an update (mobs they don't have spells from yet and a not-shitty 2hr.)
    Puppetmaster REALLY needs an update.
    Dancer REALLY needs an update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This seems...what's the word...

Oh yeah, useless. Glad I didn't miss anything worthwhile for NIN. Any update to NIN without Jubaku: Ni is dumb and not what the playerbase wants. If you're a NIN and you say, 'well I'm happy with this update!' then please does both yourself and your computer in gasoline and light a match. This is ridiculous.

Edit: Also I called this like 1year+ ago. This is an update that caters to shitty NINs who can't do their job well normally. Much like the reprisal update catered to shitfuck PLDs who can't count to 3 without a stun.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by LordshadowRagnarok View Post
    Blue Mage needs an update (mobs they don't have spells from yet and a not-shitty 2hr.)
    The rumor of BLU 2Hr being shitty is a common misconception, if anything it's only sub-par to average, people just expect it to be OMFG gamebreaking.

This update note seems shoddy. Requesting someone translate Japanese / French / German update notes to see if they say the same thing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Eklm View Post
    - Innin (Lv.40 Ability Delay: 5 min. Duration: 5 min.)
    Reduces enmity and impairs evasion. Grants a bonus to accuracy, critical hit rate, and ninjutsu damage when striking target from behind.

Honestly, this will turn out to be useless and an ability no ninja uses imo. Best proof I could show to support this would be Thf merits. There is a reason that no Thf merits Ambush and it would be this stupid concept to only get the benefit behind the mob.
    Thieves don't merit ambush because the other merits are better, the nature of their job requires them to eventually NOT be behind the mob from trick attack if the other members aren't behind it as well, the trick attack might shift hate and lose the ambush trait, your damage if you aren't shitty will eventually get you hate,anytime after sneak attack with or without a ws can get you hate, moving to the monster means your first 1~2 rounds wont be from behind,etc.
    Basically ambush is a trait that was given to a job that by it's very nature cannot manage to STAY behind a mob more than once a minute unless the player is shitty. Feint wrecks ambush since you don't care how much acc you have when the eva on the mob just got cut by half. After feint ambush would SEEM like a logical option but since it doesn't work 90% of the time and as such doesn't matter much you're stuck with just picking whatever you think looks nice or could cause epeen.

The main factor I see in determining how good the JA are will be how much of an enmity shift we see. If the enmity drop is huge enough(unlikely because we know SE) then staying behind the monster wouldn't be THAT troublesome. It would be about as hard as staying in front of the monster is. Just watch who has tp or is the strongest DD and position yourself based on that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    The main factor I see in determining how good the JA are will be how much of an enmity shift we see. If the enmity drop is huge enough(unlikely because we know SE) then staying behind the monster wouldn't be THAT troublesome. It would be about as hard as staying in front of the monster is. Just watch who has tp or is the strongest DD and position yourself based on that.
    Uh yes it would be? NIN DD is only worth a shit on weak ass mobs where hate is naturally going to be flying around. Not to mention bringing a NIN to DD without sharing hate with other DDs is completely retarded in the first place.

The only practical use I can see for this JA is activating it before a Jin than turning it off, unless the bonus to ninjitsu damage is significant enough that it makes a nuking NIN a decent DD vs high level mobs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast