Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Gunitsoldier

RDM alrdy was good, NIN wasn't

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by laverna View Post
    I see this NIN update like the RDM one. Everyone thinks how bad its going to be in theory. Then it will turn out to be pretty good in practice. I could be wrong though. But can check the the forums what people first thought about the RDM update too. Kinda funny.
    You are about to be flamed for thinking Square knows what they're doing. Just letting you know that.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Define weak ass mobs since I didn't know ninjas were allowed to attack shit stronger than a merit mob in the first place.
    And yeah hate is going to be flying around in a merit lv or below situation. big surprise there. However if you're a nin in a pt with sams, wars, and mnks as an example then wouldn't they all WANT to be standing in front of the monster(counter/overwhelm)? Cant they simply just stand together to not screw over the sam's overwhelm? If they're all standing in front of the mob how is the mob going to magically turn 90 degrees so that you aren't behind it anymore? Didn't I also point out that paying attention to whom has tp(assuming they ws at 100) lets you know when a sudden hate shift is going to occur if everyone isn't standing in front? Knowing where the hate is going to shift in the future helps alot in terms of positioning.
    Weak mobs: limbus, merits, some NMs, etc. Why would you bring up counter? The monster is by default facing the mnk when counter is relevant. Moving to the front or back of the mob just for weaponskills/SA/TA is a lot different than having to constantly stay behind at all times. And it's silly to have to keep everyone lined up for one shitty DD that probably shouldn't be there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    What's the point of only activating it for jin as well? Why the fuck would anyone only use the trait for 1 ws every 5 minutes? Even assuming the enmity down isn't that strong are we supposed to believe a ninja cant get behind a mob during jin or while tping more than once every 5 minutes when THF has to constantly get behind a mob once a minute?
    Are you afraid of the big bad evasion loss? Boo hoo boo. You have to cast Utsu a little bit more than before,possible even as much as those jobs without A eva skill cast utsu that somehow manage to live.
    While this the new JA wont be ridiculously awesome they will be more useful than footwork easily and useful enough for anyone to fulltime the stance depending on the situation. Why? because there's really no reason to NOT have an acc/crit boost ready for when you don't have the full attention of the monster.
    Wow you're an idiot. The only real reason to bring a nin to DD anything is to be tanking it, or first voking and sharing hate with other DDs. Why for fucks sake would anyone want to bring a strictly DD -enmity stance using nin to any event over a significantly better DD like a sam/mnk/war/etc? And I haven't seen anyone in this thread complaining about the -eva on the crit/acc JA, perhaps you should learn to read?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier View Post
    RDM alrdy was good, NIN wasn't
    I think you need to go back and read the BG thread that dealt with the composure announcement. From Septimus thinking the pic was a personal attack on him to the massive QQ about the 'increased' spell timers under Composure, the thread quickly became quite negative and it was all thanks to the same people.

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Sorry, BST 2h is worse than BLU.
    No job has the right to complain unless BST has them beat.

And yeah, worthless NIN update, could of come up with something better. They got lazy after WHM.
    Charming an IT+++ and raping the zone for 30 minutes isn't enough for you?

Gunitsoldier

My post has nothing to do with any of that, I'm just stating that RDM needed no update, NIN does.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Zelduh View Post
    Charming an IT+++ and raping the zone for 30 minutes isn't enough for you?
    You're retarded, you can't charm IT++ and I doubt there are even IT++ mobs in the game that can be charmed as 75BST

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

It is
    Keep thinking that.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Keep thinking that.
    Previous FF's tell me so, only your post doesn't, so yeah, I will.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I think you need to go back and read the BG thread that dealt with the composure announcement. From Septimus thinking the pic was a personal attack on him to the massive QQ about the 'increased' spell timers under Composure, the thread quickly became quite negative and it was all thanks to the same people.
    Ya this is one of the things I was referring. Not saying SE knows all just think you can use history to predict the future to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    Keep thinking that.
    Got pics of resisted AV meteors? Seems to be what you are driving at..?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Previous FF's tell me so, only your post doesn't, so yeah, I will.
    VS is probably right, u know.. since he fights AV this often and AV uses it alot. Also because all magic spells seem to have elemental property in FFXI..

classic FF logic would dictate that Flare is non-elemental, but it is Fire in XI..

carbuncle's Meteorite is light magic..

saying Meteor / Comet is dark magic isn't that much of a stretch.. kinda easy to test safely if you got a bard or dark resist gear and someone going in to fight CoP8-4...

the NIN updates excite me. a part of me wants to see more NIN tanks again. Yonin really helps in this regard.. i just hope the enmity gain is substantial enough...

Gunitsoldier

Wasn't aware it was about Meteor of AV. Thought you were moaning about BLM needing Meteor again.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    VS is probably right, u know.. since he fights AV this often and AV uses it alot. Also because all magic spells seem to have elemental property in FFXI..

classic FF logic would dictate that Flare is non-elemental, but it is Fire in XI..

carbuncle's Meteorite is light magic..

saying Meteor / Comet is dark magic isn't that much of a stretch.. kinda easy to test safely if you got a bard or dark resist gear and someone going in to fight CoP8-4...

the NIN updates excite me. a part of me wants to see more NIN tanks again. Yonin really helps in this regard.. i just hope the enmity gain is substantial enough...
    Ya or Fenrir/Diabolos.

BG Level

Wasn't aware it was about Meteor of AV. Thought you were moaning about BLM needing Meteor again.
    Where did I say that lol...

Gunitsoldier

You didn't, hence the word "thought".

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ITT: A very large meteor derail. Can we please go back to bitching and moaning about how much Square hates black mage and/or summoner for not giving them the first job adjustment update note?

Edit: Or, alternatively, we could, you know, discuss the ninja updates and possible practical applications.

BG Level

"Again" hence I did at one point?

Gunitsoldier

We were talking before the meteor thing (that consists of 4 posts, cry moar QQ), contribute to the thread instead of backseat modding

Ontopic: Shit sucks; give more info

Offtopic, sorry; but doesn't the fact that Fealty drastically reduces Meteor kinda add a different scope to that?

Meh at the update. Potential? Yes. Good? Eh. Meh. Neh. I dunno, guess we'll see by practical application. Right now it doesn't look like much, especially with the timers and how it decays. Looks more like specialty situations. And SE still trying to maintain NIN as its original role, rather than the player adaptation. Looks kinda like: We see NIN as X, you see NIN as Y, we'll give you Z, which is worse than X and Y. Also, saw someone mention dispel... if it can be dispelled that makes it even more lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast