Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous Saint View Post
    "Again" hence I did at one point?
    Formed my sentence wrong, meant that i'm sick of all the BLMs moaning bout wanting Meteor.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't see why people are complaining already. Honestly nins asked for an update and I for one will take anything, and this seems like it has a ton of potential, if for nothing more than solo play. So come on, at the end of the day this doesn't hurt nin, so don't complain.

GO NIN

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Invictusx View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining already. Honestly nins asked for an update and I for one will take anything, and this seems like it has a ton of potential, if for nothing more than solo play. So come on, at the end of the day this doesn't hurt nin, so don't complain.

GO NIN
    If you're gonna give us a goddamn update after years of asking for it, DO IT FUCKING RIGHT.

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssan View Post
    Offtopic, sorry; but doesn't the fact that Fealty drastically reduces Meteor kinda add a different scope to that?

Meh at the update. Potential? Yes. Good? Eh. Meh. Neh. I dunno, guess we'll see by practical application. Right now it doesn't look like much, especially with the timers and how it decays. Looks more like specialty situations. And SE still trying to maintain NIN as its original role, rather than the player adaptation. Looks kinda like: We see NIN as X, you see NIN as Y, we'll give you Z, which is worse than X and Y. Also, saw someone mention dispel... if it can be dispelled that makes it even more lol.
    Means it is enfeebling, not elemental magic, but enfeebling magic has element bases (paralyze = ice) sorry for this off topic shit)

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Granted the changes don't seem game breaking, I don't understand why people are saying this update is useless.

I evasion tank/solo lots of things... a JA that increase enmity/evasion while tanking is a welcomed change. As long as the accuracy cut can be countered by using sushi, I know I'll be using this a lot. For the people who use NIN to tank HNM it looks like a great addition to have. Depending on the boost, and the severity of degradation this JA has a lot of potential.

As for Innin... I'm welcoming the JA openly. It doesn't conform to how people normally play ninja, but it does open up new possibilities. At this point in the game, many DD are strong and capable of mitigating damage in their own ways. Playing ninja as a DD that doesn't voke is much easier to do now because of this. Gaining an acc+/crit+ boost is a big enhancement to both their TP phase and WS ouput. It would also make it easier to build a Haste/Attack food build. Again depending on the boost, and the severity of the degredation, I see potential.

When I read these update notes, the first thing that came to my mind was the idea of re-examining one of my favorite jobs, and being able to play it in a new way.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

out of all this the only thing I got was sath talking about reprisal. lol God I love that spell <3 and when tanking cerb/khim its a life saver so if that makes me a shitty pld, I guess i'll have to live with that fact!

Somewhere, someone is trying to hate me to death for my crusade of trying to convince everyone that AV is defeatable.
    (PS: Kill yourself)

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gunitsoldier View Post
    Formed my sentence wrong, meant that i'm sick of all the BLMs moaning bout wanting Meteor.
    Not that SE should give BLMs Meteor or Comet, but technically they could easily weaken them drastically, make mp/dmg ratio on par with AMII, and throw them in. However if they did it should be r/ex drop off AV lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So Mijin Gakure is enfeebling magic too then?

Quote Originally Posted by evilpaul View Post
    So Mijin Gakure is enfeebling magic too then?
    That's fire based.

Spoiler: show
    -runs-

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Rethinking, potential is there. Limbus w/6 ppl for instance, nin has the offense stance on, mob comes in, nin first vokes, sam or war rapes it with weaponskill takes hate (made easier by the emnity loss) nin goes behind the mob, hits it with an increased critical/acc jin etc.

Depends I guess on the details. If the effect didn't decrease over time like many have said this could be very nice.

Gunitsoldier

We can only speculate untill we get actual testing done

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I don't know if this would be enough to make me consider leveling Ninja. I hated the first 37 levels of it. Maybe someday down the road, after all the other shit I'm working on is finished, I'll try it out. Maybe.

I feel you, I had to burn almost 2 anniv. rings just to force myself to get Whm to 37. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I will never, ever level that job.

I already have Nin 75 and I am not stoked about this whatsoever. Figured I'd up the QQ ante a bit for some of these fools

Gunitsoldier

I loved WHM, hated most of MNK though , still do. Oh, and fuck lving DNC

You're retarded, you can't charm IT++ and I doubt there are even IT++ mobs in the game that can be charmed as 75BST
    Are you an idiot? A a level 1 BST can charm ANYTHING in the game that's charmable, at level 1, and familiar it with a macro. Charm has a minimum success rate. I've charmed the VT+ tigers in kuftal as RDM75/BST1. I've also charmed a colibri outside whitegate as BST1. It doesn't even take that many attemps, and BST main with a ton of CHR gear certainly isn't going to miss more than a few times on even the highest charmable mobs in the game, but the point is that you familiar it to make it your bitch for 30 minutes.
    Also, ever heard of level capped zones? Retard.

Gunitsoldier

Go to BST KI and go tell them you can ALWAYS charm IT ++ mobs with NP, come back if you still have the balls.

Gauge is a JA that's never meant to be used then? Hey you can charm ANYTHING you want anyways! Fact that your BST is Lv1 makes this conversation pointless, come back when you know your shit.

Gunitsoldier

I triple dog dare you to go to DA as lv 1 BST and charm a darter, get me pics of you succeeding in this and I shall cut off my balls for you.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Jubaku: Ni?
    Throwing weaponskills?
    Shuriken availability and/or bags?

Pretty effects, but nothing more from this update.

Go to BST KI and go tell them you can ALWAYS charm IT ++ mobs with NP, come back if you still have the balls.

Gauge is a JA that's never meant to be used then? Hey you can charm ANYTHING you want anyways! Fact that your BST is Lv1 makes this conversation pointless, come back when you know your shit.
    Didn't say you had to charm them all the time. You stated Familiar is useless. Guess what? It's not.
    Once again, you're an idiot. You CAN charm ANYTHING in the game that is of a charmable family and isn't a notorious monster. It doesn't mater if it's IT+++++++++++++++++++++++++++. Charm will land eventually, and when it does you can familiar, which is what this argument was about in the first place, dumbass. Learn game mechanics

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    very near future is what they said about avatars two Years ago lol
    FTFY

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

This isn't making me want to use my Ninja anymore, for a tank I'll stick find a PLD and for a DD I'll still find one of the several jobs that do it better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast