+ Reply to Thread

BG Law I needs your halp with this case

Well heres the scenario. I bought pandora battery and memory card from a website that dropships apperantly name is Pandorabatterybuys.com

Long story short they said it would come with firmware, magic gate supported, manual and everything. I ordered it in the beginning of April and it didn't have a tracking number so I e-mail them and they said they didn't have a tracking number as they didn't keep such things. A week later I e-mailed again and they said the best they could do is send out another one. Whole thing smelled like a scam so I looked up the address on their website didn't exist in the plaza. Called up my credit card company and disputed the charge. 2 weeks or so later it came package was only the battery, it came with a memory card but it wasn't memory gate supported didn't have firmware was a fake phony chinese piece of shit. So i just left it at that since I was credited the amount and I didn't care anymore about it since I disputed the charge and they didn't send me what they said they would.

Few days ago I got this e-mail.

"Dear So and So,

We have received a charge back notification from your credit card stating that the product was never received. We have gotten confirmation from USPS of the deliver of your product on May 8th. Failure to return the product to us within the next 7 days will result in the amount owed to us to be turned over to a collection agency.

RA919211788HK (USPS - Track & Confirm)

As you may know failure to make payment to the collection agency will result in an open collection to be placed on your credit history resulting in a bad credit rating. Failure to make contact with us within the next 24 hours to arrange shipment of the product back to us will automatically result in a collection being placed and us contacting (INSERT CITY NAME HERE) police department for charges.

We take fraud very seriously and will take measures to recover our merchandise or payment to the fullest extent of the law.

Sincerely,
    Jane Doe
    www.pandorabatterybuys.com"
    I just checked the mail today so I replied with,
    "The charge back was indeed issue after I took all precautions to verify that the transaction was fraud. Those precautions were; Asking for a confirmation number when one said it would be provided on purchase but when asked in various e-mail the response was that you guys do not use confirmation numbers, calling the 1-800 number for verification which only lead to a redirection to E-mail, and lastly verifying that the address was not your actual business address via google as it does not exist in the plaza. When the "package" came it did not include all of the things that were purchased nor was it even as described. The memory card was a fake as it is not memory gate supported as it stated it was. It did not come with the Firmware or a manual which was what I purchased. Not to mention when the package came in it came in with a Hong Kong address rather than the one that was stated on your web page. None of these details were included on your web page during purchase, in fact the address that was stated it would be shipped from was a fraud, the fact that you guys said you would provide a tracking number and then did not was fraud. The package was not what I purchased which again is fraud. In the consumer Bill of Rights it clearly states that the consumer has the right to be informed and that right was clearly violated in fact you falsely advertised. If you provide me with the shipping costs I will be more than happy to ship what was sent back the address of

"Pandora Battery Buys
    1324 Clarkson Clayton Center
    St. Louis, MO 63011
    USA ""
    And almost immediately got this response,

"Dont bother sending it back, a collection has already been placed on your credit rating and you should start receiving calls from our collection company for payment. "
    Now my question is will something like this really hurt my credit rating? If it does what are my options at the moment? Should I be concerned and should I have even bothered e-mailing the rep back to begin with?

You're fine. They probably haven't contacted anyone. I recommend not worrying about it until a collector contacts you (which won't happen probably). If by some chance they HAVE contacted a collector:

Debt Collection FAQs: A Guide for Consumers

What does the debt collector have to tell me about the debt?

Every collector must send you a written “validation notice” telling you how much money you owe within five days after they first contact you. This notice also must include the name of the creditor to whom you owe the money, and how to proceed if you don’t think you owe the money.

But, you're fine, trust me. If you want, call up the credit card company and see if you can explain your situation to them and the credit card company will rape them legally if they try to do anything fishy.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

You're fucked. Suicide is your only option.
    Or sic Sony on them, XD.

Next time this happens just spend the $5 and send it back to them and let your credit card dispute go through. I've done this a few times when I've ordered something slightly shady off the web and got nothing close to what I ordered.

Odds are you're fine and nothing will happen but in the future the cost of S&H might be less of a hassle to deal with.

I don't know much about the cost of the stuff you ordered but I'm guessing it's less than $50. If that's the case then it would be less expensive for them to let you keep the stuff than try and collect. So unless you really pissed them off all they will do is try and scare you.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I had a similar situation once with a magazine scam that I ended up stopping payment on two checks for. What really helped in my case was to send a strongly-yet-calmly worded letter that made it very clear why I wasn't going to pay, via registered mail. Registered mail scares people because you can use it in a court case to prove that they got your correspondence, very useful. It helped that in my case their lawyer sent me a letter with the stop payment statutes on it so I quoted those statutes right back at them and explained exactly why I did not owe them any money.

but yeah, registered mail is the bomb in situations like this. unfortunately it sounds like their address is fake? which could be a problem. I'd still try it though. it's only a few bucks and it works wonders. a firm but calm letter stating exactly why you do not feel you need to pay in very detailed and clear terms sent via registered mail will do wonders, it scares scammers pretty bad because 99% of the people they scam either give up or get too angry to react rationally. it lets them know that you are, in fact, a member of the 1% that is not fucking stupid and knows exactly how to fight this. include a line in the letter stating that you kept a copy of the letter for yourself, and include another line stating that this letter has been sent via registered mail to ensure proof of receipt by their company, if you do end up going this route.

I also called them later to inform them I sent the letter and why and ask if there was anything else they needed from me. the poor girl working in the lawyer's office didn't know what to say. never heard back from them, never seen a mark on my credit rating.

definitely keep these emails (though I'm sure you knew that), they may come in handy if you have to fight this further, which it sounds like you will.

I made a formal complaint to the BBB on their website as well, you think I should contact my credit card company?

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    I made a formal complaint to the BBB on their website as well, you think I should contact my credit card company?
    There is a difference between you getting purposefully scammed by someone and you buying some shady stuff off a shady website and getting lower quality shady stuff sent to you. Just wait it out, I highly doubt they are going to do anything unless you piss them off.

you can do it man, bitches love confidence!

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

BG Law
    The name of BG Legal will not invoked as a misnomer.

Bill for services rendered in this post:
    $30000.00 USD

You may paypal or send a check.