BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Glitch: Infinite Temp items in Campaign

Following the BG rules I last recall on this subject, I will not post how I did this. However I am posting this to alert others to not use this if you know how to use it. Due to the Petition service being down at the time, I could not submit the report of my finding to a GM. See Screenshots below and the attached Youtube video of the glitch in progress.

I will PM a Mod of how I did this so it can be handled in a correct way, VIA possible talks between Square-Enix and BG staff?

I fear there to be another banning in some way if some decided to abused this beyond my tests. I attacked a normal tiger to show the glitch, because I would get no EXP from doing so. Pray be what others could think of.

This is a whistle blow for SE to take action ASAP. Should some use this, I could see cheat tanking of SCNM's solo. Infinite Weapon skills from Sam's, infinite nukes from Black mages using Ethers and Fanatics.

However their time would be limited to the duration of Campaign. It still gives them the chance to abuse it for 30 minutes on average. It feels wrong to cheat at an already easy Campaign battle system anyways.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...pso/Items1.png
    As you will notice, at one moment I had 2 Spy's Drinks and barbarians.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...pso/Items2.png
    The Spam abuse of Fanatics.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...pso/Items3.png
    GM petition is pure fail

The Video.
    Embed would not work, heres a direct link.

YouTube - Infinite Campaign Temp. Items

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Is this the same glitch where your temp items from caskets becomes perma after ballista CS?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Unless they changed it, mobs don't drop anything if someone with campaign tags was in on the kill.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Caskets aren't in the Shadowreign areas.

This glitch is done in the [S] areas.

Didn't know that about monsters not dropping anything with Tags on, I'll have to give that a test.

Still this glitch could cause some harm to the current balance in Campaign battles.

Edit: A common Pld/dnc comes to mind from my server. Kiting the whole wave away to just spam cure himself until he dies....Instead I could see him taking them to a hiding spot from everyone else, spamming Fanatics and TP wings for atonement until hes capped on damage to die and reraise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Following the BG rules I last recall on this subject, I will not post how I did this.

Then wtf was the point of posting?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphus View Post
    [/b]

Then wtf was the point of posting?
    to maybe inform people of this? I didnt even know this existed. And to inform SE since appearantly he cant contact a GM or something like that.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

inb4spaghetticode

Banned.

BG Level

too many people use it, impossible to get banned

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I posted this because when I listened to the podcast episode involving the Salvage bannings a while back. The BG staff were in a moral bind concerning should glitches be known to the public and posted or buried/deleted, expecting only a handful of GM calls to get the matter solved.

I believe the decision was to "Blow the whistle" on potential abuses of game mechanics so that SquareEnix would notice it better and fix it in a more timely matter. Especially with SE apparently throwing bans left and right for some stupid crap like charge backs, SMN burn monster monopolizing.

On a joking side,

Wonder if my little video of my test means in roughly 13-14 months(Give or take when SE gives a shit for once) my FFXI Token and disks end up being burned in a oil drum on a cold lonely night?

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

SE is going to LM-17 everyone who has experianced this glitch in one form or another, just wait and see lol.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well, when you get the GM call in, you could always request to have any potential flags removed regarding it and hope for the best.

Also, inb4 people start *trying* to figure the glitch out for themselves. With the new zones added this update, if that info was widely known, that new mode could be made solo'able.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    too many people use it, impossible to get banned
    That sounds strangely familiar...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GM screen shots inc.

"I can assure you, if you abide by the Terms..." *eyeroll* I'm fucked...

Working as intended. That's my defense now.

-17 summoners and a pld to sit at zone.
    -Pop like a hundred fanatics and sight agro all the SCNM mobs and take them to the zone during the next Campaign battle.
    -Pld Diaga's, Sentinel's, Invincible.
    -Smns Burn all the mobs+Nms at once.
    -Profit + maybe 1 merit.

jk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferien View Post
    That sounds strangely familiar...
    Pretty sure that was the point >.>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You made a good call, GM that stuff so nobody intends on abusing it =)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Caskets aren't in the Shadowreign areas.

This glitch is done in the [S] areas.

Didn't know that about monsters not dropping anything with Tags on, I'll have to give that a test.

Still this glitch could cause some harm to the current balance in Campaign battles.

Edit: A common Pld/dnc comes to mind from my server. Kiting the whole wave away to just spam cure himself until he dies....Instead I could see him taking them to a hiding spot from everyone else, spamming Fanatics and TP wings for atonement until hes capped on damage to die and reraise.
    People can already do that on pld/rdm, except without the dying part. Not sure how this would really effect the balance of campaign battle, other than ensuring the beastman rarely ever win a zone since you'd have sam's just forever spamming 2 hours and monks using hundred fists for like 30 min.....ok that would be kind of unbalanced but it would be cool to see for awhile.

Seems more like a funny glitch than a serious glitch, since its just campaign and your xp per minute is capped anyway, regardless of what you actually do.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Asdrabael View Post
    People can already do that on pld/rdm, except without the dying part. Not sure how this would really effect the balance of campaign battle, other than ensuring the beastman rarely ever win a zone since you'd have sam's just forever spamming 2 hours and monks using hundred fists for like 30 min.....ok that would be kind of unbalanced but it would be cool to see for awhile.
    I believe he thinks Campaign mobs regen (Do they?) when left unclaimed, so what would happen is instead of killing the mob normally, the PLD would just keep hitting the mob till ~5%, RR, and use Fanatics to keep HP up. Not sure though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Does it work in salvage?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I can see it being a big issue if t works in Salvage or Nyzul Isle, but Campaign it's not such a HUGE deal.