Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Not participating in RMT this time around.

We will see what people think about the scenario, and I will make my decision then.
    So... you MIGHT participate in RMT after all.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cesaria View Post
    Bought... it's a hat... it's moogles with shades and bling on... and the possibilities for my fave jobs are nice for said cool hat.
    LOL! Same reason I'm buying it. Plus, I gotta collect them all!

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by sunvision View Post
    Purchased it.

need more entertainment besides daily farming / exp grinding...
    ^This

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We will see what people think about the scenario, and I will make my decision then.
    You don't shop at bookstores do you? People pay more for books less than 200 pages. The story this time around looks more interesting and humorous. Calling it RMT is ridiculous.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So if people say it's good, you will consider "participating in RMT"?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Consider buying this expansion for the freshy, seems interesting storyline about the Moogles and the helm; absolutely not going to pre-order any expansion that is not scarcity in terms of media supply. Worst case the register server goes crashed again and everyone has to wait for a few days for them to fix it and SE will sure be fixing it ASAP for the sake of $$$.

It wont take more than 5-10mins to register the expansion after the update, and have access to the actual content; really not see the whole point about pre-ordering.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Purchased.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Mural725 View Post
    Dear god, let's not open that again, please!

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In a perfect world, the separate teams working on these expansions would not need to be paid to you know....create cutscenes, do character designs, create new characters, design new armor, program new bosses, and beta test each. Where is the profit of this so-called RMT again?

Bought. Caster hat is too cute to pass up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Where is the profit of this so-called RMT again?
    Are you suggesting that SE doesn't turn a profit on these?

They make a profit and there is nothing wrong with that. You are paying real world money for in-game content and there is nothing wrong with that either.

Bought.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

Purchased x2.

Again, I'm having mild issues deciding whether to make a fugly MNK hat or fugly RNG hat for my main.

My WHM mule, well decided.

ACP bodies were similar. Decent PLD body or fugly RNG body.

WHM mule, melee WHM body go!

I'll probably wait a few days after the add-on comes out to work on it if it involves tedious low level farming.

The people saying that this is RMT and such, so how's leveling in Zilart working for you? =>

No wait, you had to spend money on the base game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mural725 View Post
    Nope, then it will be more than 10 bucks for a head piece, as you will actually be getting a story/game to play for your money. Until then, Ill assume the story and quests are just as short and shitty as the previous waste of money.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Are you suggesting that SE doesn't turn a profit on these?

They make a profit and there is nothing wrong with that. You are paying real world money for in-game content and there is nothing wrong with that either.

Bought.
    While I am sure they turn some profit, they do not make nearly enough to call this RMT. It's money spent on their part to entice people to spent theirs.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Not purchasing now - going to wait until the content is actually playable and we get some feedback. It's not even worth it to purchase this a month before it's even available.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

It's no more rmt than buying a normal expansion...dumbfucks.

My only real complaint is that it is 1/3 the price of an expansion, so we should expect 1/3 of the content at least. ACP fell short of that by miles...unless the next two are vastly different, they will fall short as well.

And lol at people saying this will have sales just as high as ACP...no. The sales will be lower, period. Some people who bought ACP will buy this as well; some who bought ACP were dissappointed enough that they will not buy this next one; and very very few that did not buy ACP, will for some reason buy this one. Unless they make the next 2 much better content-wise, sales have zero chance of going up, or even staying the same.

Not buying untill they are cheaper/come in a bundle.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    Not purchasing now - going to wait until the content is actually playable and we get some feedback.
    The feedback will be mixed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's easy, i don't get why people get so worked up over the RMT thing:

It's RMT when... -> The only value comes from the item you get.
    It's not RMT when... -> The value comes from the actual package they are selling.

In other words, it's completely relative if these products are RMT or not. And don't play semantics here, the term RMT is used to designate a specific kind of trade way beyond just "real money trade".

So, you like ACP's story, enjoyed it and to boot you got a nice body? Definitely not RMT for you.
    You didn't like ACP because it was ridiculously poor, yet you had to get it because you didn't want to pass on the body piece? Clearly RMT, if you ask me.

I'm in the same boat as others for now... I don't think i'll buy it till I get some reports on the quality of this thing. Another reason I might buy it is if this incoming patch changes anything BST related (my favorite job, which I can barely play) and the hat enhancements work well with such possible change. But then, i'll fully know i'm RMTing a hat and will cross my fingers hoping this thing doesn't suck (again).

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If someone enjoys the story and the other perks but others do not, how does that make it RMT? Look at movies now. Most are over $10 bucks. If I LOVED a movie but my GF did not, does that speak about the quality of the movie. No, its' more of about what one's personal tastes are. If you hate the story but buy it for the hat, I don't think its far to consider it RMT. It's just a nice bonus for finishing the story and you can surely live without it and save your money. I just do no want to see the mentality of some people calling people who feel it was money well spent RMT supporters, which you know people will start doing...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I liked ACP, except for killing the lowbie goblins.
    The hat looks pretty cool, which makes it worth it, as well as more story missions/quests.

I will however wait to buy it until after a good portion of my LS finishes it, so I can be a PITA and make them do the missions all over again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast