Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    Probably will get the INT+4 and INT+2 stats for nukage, although part of me wants to like NOT get it for the tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny increase in damage it would do to my nukes, but instead do the missions then "save" the option of making into something until I'm sure what the hell I want.
    You can just toss it and redo the last mission if you don't like what you get.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'm compelled to buy this simply because the moogle is cute ._.;; i do hope it has a bit more of a story line this time though ><;;;

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    If someone enjoys the story and the other perks but others do not, how does that make it RMT? Look at movies now. Most are over $10 bucks. If I LOVED a movie but my GF did not, does that speak about the quality of the movie. No, its' more of about what one's personal tastes are. If you hate the story but buy it for the hat, I don't think its far to consider it RMT. It's just a nice bonus for finishing the story and you can surely live without it and save your money. I just do no want to see the mentality of some people calling people who feel it was money well spent RMT supporters, which you know people will start doing...
    If you just say "RMT" without really thinking about it, you are usually talking about "gil sellers/buyers", or "gold farmers" in some other games.

RMT stands for "Real Money Trade". Strictly speaking, buying an expansion is real money trade. Some immature people have an endless amount of fun claiming that this is indistinguishable from buying/selling gil for cash.

Then again, paying $10 to see a movie is real money trade, buying a car is real money trade, working a RL job is real money trade, etc. Strictly speaking, of course.

Edit: In before Logitech G15 is RMT.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    In a perfect world, the separate teams working on these expansions would not need to be paid to you know....create cutscenes, do character designs, create new characters, design new armor, program new bosses, and beta test each. Where is the profit of this so-called RMT again?
    SE tests things?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm wondering if everyone doing this mission will be a source of competition (Like getting the key items) or a source of members (For BCs).

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    I'm wondering if everyone doing this mission will be a source of competition (Like getting the key items) or a source of members (For BCs).
    Since you could do all ACP with anyone, I am hoping this is the case. At least you can have your buddies to help you for said events and vice versa without problems. Its one of the things I liked about this latest set of WotG quests.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

gonna wait on this one

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anyone else notice that you have to be 10 or higher to start this expansion? Maybe this time we will be fighting Tiny Mandragoras!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Anyone else notice that you have to be 10 or higher to start this expansion? Maybe this time we will be fighting Tiny Mandragoras!
    For that i'm glad. I can't reiterate how annoying it was having to watch the damn same intro CS for ACP on each and every one of my Jeuno mules...

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Or to avoid CSs for mules

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    The feedback will be mixed.
    It was mixed for ACP, but a good majority including myself felt it wasn't worth its purchase price. The storyline was far too short and not very good, and there was next to no effort or skill required to reach the end.

If things are different this time, such as a better storyline and more engaging & challenging content to go with the reward, maybe people like myself won't feel so jaded.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Nope, then it will be more than 10 bucks for a head piece, as you will actually be getting a story/game to play for your money. Until then, Ill assume the story and quests are just as short and shitty as the previous waste of money.
    So what exactly do you have to decide on when you find out what people think about the scenario? o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Mural725 View Post
    So what exactly do you have to decide on when you find out what people think about the scenario? o.o
    1. If it takes more than 4 hours to complete, 2 of those hours being farming low level mobs or other retarded time wasters for a 5% drop just to procede.

2. If the story line actually makes logical sense and feels like they put more than a 20 min lunch meeting into laying it out.

3. If there is more to this "add on" then 2 BC fights and a head piece reward.

I dont pay for shit, and the last one was shit. If this one turns out to be equally shit, then SE can keep their awesome Asuran Fists head piece, and Ill keep my 10 dollars.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    1. If it takes more than 4 hours to complete, 2 of those hours being farming low level mobs or other retarded time wasters for a 5% drop just to procede.

2. If the story line actually makes logical sense and feels like they put more than a 20 min lunch meeting into laying it out.

3. If there is more to this "add on" then 2 BC fights and a head piece reward.

I dont pay for shit, and the last one was shit. If this one turns out to be equally shit, then SE can keep their awesome Asuran Fists head piece, and Ill keep my 10 dollars.
    Some epic action going on here. What happened to not buying the other two add-ons no matter what? Be a man, stop lying to yourself, embrace your addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Some epic action going on here. What happened to not buying the other two add-ons no matter what? Be a man, stop lying to yourself, embrace your addiction.
    If the first movie in a trilogy sucked ass and I walked out of the theatre saying "wow, that was a horrible waste of money", I sure as hell am not going to waste my money on the second one unless my friends all tell me "no Neo, the 2nd was fucking AMAZING, way better than that trash first movie".

But odds are, this one will be shit too. So dont hold your breathe.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    It's easy, i don't get why people get so worked up over the RMT thing:

It's RMT when... -> The only value comes from the item you get.
    It's not RMT when... -> The value comes from the actual package they are selling.

In other words, it's completely relative if these products are RMT or not. And don't play semantics here, the term RMT is used to designate a specific kind of trade way beyond just "real money trade".

So, you like ACP's story, enjoyed it and to boot you got a nice body? Definitely not RMT for you.
    You didn't like ACP because it was ridiculously poor, yet you had to get it because you didn't want to pass on the body piece? Clearly RMT, if you ask me.

I'm in the same boat as others for now... I don't think i'll buy it till I get some reports on the quality of this thing. Another reason I might buy it is if this incoming patch changes anything BST related (my favorite job, which I can barely play) and the hat enhancements work well with such possible change. But then, i'll fully know i'm RMTing a hat and will cross my fingers hoping this thing doesn't suck (again).
    The traditional idea of RMT occurs when someone besides the copyright owner uses the game to make a profit from selling in-game items. This is often confused when the copyright owner tries to make a profit from selling items or content or whatever, but doing so is not traditional RMT. Gilsellers and account sellers are RMT.

You can question the value of the items versus cost all you please, but at no point is this RMT. You can even say it is like RMT, but this is SE's game, they made it to make a profit and they are profiting off of it. You can choose to pay them or not. None of that is RMT. Conflating traditional RMT with paying for expansions, content or items only works to minimalize the damage, theft and fraud that traditional RMT cause.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Screw you guys im going home >.> to buy this expansion

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

I just dunno man. It has moogles, which are usually the only redeeming feature of any 'special event.' The fact that one of them is probably going to be a bigger asshole than is the standard moogle style only makes me assume I will get more than a few chuckles out of it.

I'm going with the 'similar price to a movie' concept and will probably buy it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

So not wasting my money on this..

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

1. Good call admins on making an official news section.

2. Small detail, but note that in order to access the add-on content characters need to be at least level 10. No more accidentally triggering 10 minute cutscenes on mules!

3. Permissions on this forum are screwy, but I'm sure admins are already aware of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast