Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    3. Permissions on this forum are screwy, but I'm sure admins are already aware of that.
    I did get a chuckle thinking to myself 'I wonder if I really did get banned from the news forum. How amusing.' Glad it's just quirks in the system.

Also seconding the notion that this is a good idea.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I had fun with ACP fights (ya the crap at the start sucked). And got a nice body for my smn^^. Also was fun that I used my smn. IDC what anyone says acp final fight was fun lol.

This one i get a pimp smn hat or maybe a WS item for my whm will see.

So: Im get it once I get home ~_~;

I like how Ringthree basically redefined RMT to make buying a digital item with RL cash not actually RMT..

I dont care of they wrap some half thought out quests or 1-2 15 min BCs around an item, if you pay a company RL cash for digital items, then it is RMT.

People paid 10 dollars last "add on" for more inventory and some nifty body pieces. Odds are people will pay another 10 dollars this time for a nice helm.

Hopefully (though I doubt it), this add on will be more rich with story and the quests will be more involved than repetitive lvl 5 mob farming and 2 shitty BCs. If it isnt, then congrats: You just paid 10 bucks for an ingame hat.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I didn't find the final bc shitty that was actually a fun fight imo, but other than that yeh it needs to be longer with more bc/fights that aren't so easy

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The last expansion will have a feature that allows you to purchase Tattoos for you character for a cost of $2.00 per tattoo.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    I dont care of they wrap some half thought out quests or 1-2 15 min BCs around an item, if you pay a company RL cash for digital items, then it is RMT.
    Oh, I so shouldn't feed the trolls, but I am.

Again, how is leveling in Zilart? Must be hard with all of those parties in those pesky Aht Urhgan areas. Because buying the expansions is paying money for digital items.

Oh wait, expansions are buying content for games. The add-ons are content for games. If Aht Urhgan came with three BCNMs and about 5 cutscenes, but anyone who got it would get an item that gave essentially the Sanction bonuses upon completion of the game, would it be worth it still?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I like how Ringthree basically redefined RMT to make buying a digital item with RL cash not actually RMT..

People paid 10 dollars last "add on" for more inventory and some nifty body pieces. Odds are people will pay another 10 dollars this time for a nice helm.

Hopefully (though I doubt it), this add on will be more rich with story and the quests will be more involved than repetitive lvl 5 mob farming and 2 shitty BCs. If it isnt, then congrats: You just paid 10 bucks for an ingame hat.
    I don't know how you got that from what I said.

I do very much believe that using RL cash to buy a digital item to be RMT if the person selling the item does not have ownership of that item. My definition is based on the copyright holder's controlling their intellectual property.

By your definition, playing this game is RMT. Your definition makes the word irrelevant. At best, it makes the definition completely capricious based upon personal preference on the value of content.

Is an Onion Sword RMT?

Real Money Trade has traditionally referred to people outside of the copyright holder's control selling in-game items for real cash. It is only confusion and misunderstanding of the term that causes people to claim that anything digital sold for real money is RMT. It is a term of art.

I am with Achika though, there is no reason to continue this past this point.

"There is no reason to continue past this point".. Right after you post your come back.

And yes, paying for in game content isnt RMT, so as I said: IF this scenario adds some actual content and not retarded nonsense, then it is great. If not, then you are just buying a 10 dollar head piece, which is RMT.

Spin it any way you want, it is no different than buying gil.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

So to bring up a happier topic...Has anyone decided what the official acronym for this add-on will be? AMKDE? KDE? MDE?

I think we should call it MOG.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'm getting at least a half-assed story, and I call that content. Feel free to call the tidal talisman RMT all you want, that's borderline and I'll admit it (Let's not get into the argument over that again!). To bring up someone's comparison, if I rent a crappy movie, and I watch it and don't like it, I've still managed to get my worth out of it (Yay for several minutes of complaining!). If I rent a movie, let it sit there until I need to return it, then what is the point of having it? I'll be doing the add-on, so I'm happy with what content I get.

ACP was weak in story and mechanics, everyone knows that. But people still did it. Sure, they may have just done it for the bodies, but someone had to enjoy the cutscenes. I read them at least and was entertained.

RMT2?

Just kidding, relax >.>. I call it Moogle Q.Q.

Meh, it may have been borderline RMT to buy a Tidal Talisman, but I don't care. It was totally worth having my lone sailor coat ingame.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

"There is no reason to continue past this point".. Right after you post your come back.

And yes, paying for in game content isnt RMT, so as I said: IF this scenario adds some actual content and not retarded nonsense, then it is great. If not, then you are just buying a 10 dollar head piece, which is RMT.

Spin it any way you want, it is no different than buying gil.
    Depends on your definition of content. Just because it didn't live up to your standards (or anyone else bitching) doesn't mean it isn't content to others. Either way I'm content with my purchase.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Thunderhorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kryssan View Post
    Meh, it may have been borderline RMT to buy a Tidal Talisman, but I don't care. It was totally worth having my lone sailor coat ingame.
    Yeah I bought it too, but I'm a consumer whore.

That being said, all the friends who made fun of me when I bought it aren't laughing when I let them come with me!

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Achika View Post
    So to bring up a happier topic...Has anyone decided what the official acronym for this add-on will be? AMKDE? KDE? MDE?

I think we should call it MOG.

And as far as I'm concerned, I'm getting at least a half-assed story, and I call that content. Feel free to call the tidal talisman RMT all you want, that's borderline and I'll admit it (Let's not get into the argument over that again!). To bring up someone's comparison, if I rent a crappy movie, and I watch it and don't like it, I've still managed to get my worth out of it (Yay for several minutes of complaining!). If I rent a movie, let it sit there until I need to return it, then what is the point of having it? I'll be doing the add-on, so I'm happy with what content I get.

ACP was weak in story and mechanics, everyone knows that. But people still did it. Sure, they may have just done it for the bodies, but someone had to enjoy the cutscenes. I read them at least and was entertained.
    KUPO is the acronym D:

Well not really, but it sounds better than what ive seen used so far.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Purchased it for the brightened expansion name on the title screen.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Buying it for a hat.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Bought it for cute scenario + cute mage hat.

OK so it's not just me who sees the lure in shiny hats.

Yes SE got onto a winner there... next expansion shoes.... then handbags and we're sorted guys :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Buttons Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I want to buy it but I may wait a bit to see how the final battle is for this expansion. If it isn't as job specific or does not involve something as annoying as climbing delkfutt over and over again I'll buy it. xD
    I'll probably give in regardless of the difficulty, I just love storyline content. xD

assburgers
    BG Level

Wait, what happened to the free "Damn near a" Toreador rings, Triumph earrings, Cuch mantle -1~2's, PCC -1's, totally unique stats in certain slots... all that shit isn't content?

Yeah, it's utterly maddening how random some of it is, but I'm pretty pleased with my Acc +8 neck that cost -2.3 mil (since I figured keeping PCC when I could spread the gil elsewhere just ain't worth it), and so forth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast