Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    Wait, what happened to the free "Damn near a" Toreador rings, Triumph earrings, Cuch mantle -1~2's, PCC -1's, totally unique stats in certain slots... all that shit isn't content?

Yeah, it's utterly maddening how random some of it is, but I'm pretty pleased with my Acc +8 neck that cost -2.3 mil (since I figured keeping PCC when I could spread the gil elsewhere just ain't worth it), and so forth.
    Ya, cause we all love random chances at items that dont live up to current models.

7-8 acc neck pieces are not content for the level they come at. There are many cheap alternatives for this slot.
    The 5 acc back pieces are alot worse than just Cuch mantles -1,2
    And the other crap (even on good draws) are situationally mediocre alternatives to items we already have.

The shitty augment system was one of the things SE COULD have done well, but chose to do poorly.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I think some times, we need to realize that not EVERYTHING in this game is aimed at End Game palyers or people that play hours on end.

Is the augments as good as other items? Not really, but for a casual gamer or someone who doesnt really want to do end game, they are good pieces with not a lot of work or a big group of people to do.

If people could see outside their little box, then they can see what is trying to be done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I think some times, we need to realize that not EVERYTHING in this game is aimed at End Game palyers or people that play hours on end.

Is the augments as good as other items? Not really, but for a casual gamer or someone who doesnt really want to do end game, they are good pieces with not a lot of work or a big group of people to do.

If people could see outside their little box, then they can see what is trying to be done.
    This. Although the various augments were sorta gay, there have been a couple which were incredible.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

There are crapton of downloadable content out there for every single game, just take a look at PSN/Xbox Live. Most of them are worthless and I simply avoid them.

I will probably end up buying this add-on though, decent amount of story/gameplay and a nice bonus reward. Its perfectly acceptable if you don't think its worthwhile, but calling it "RMT" or whatever is a weak argument.

Which were incredible?

And how did they give options to non endgame people?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Which were incredible?

And how did they give options to non endgame people?
    Any pieces with pet-related stats because there were none available before?

They are options to non-endgame people because (although some are the best pieces available for certain jobs/slots) it doesn't take anything close to a skilled linkshell full of E bodies to get them?

Why are you playing stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Any pieces with pet-related stats because there were none available before?

They are options to non-endgame people because (although some are the best pieces available for certain jobs/slots) it doesn't take anything close to a skilled linkshell full of E bodies to get them?

Why are you playing stupid?
    No seriously, which peices come close to being similar to ANY item that requires a skilled LS of Ebodies to get?

Not that 5 extra pet attack on an earring is game breaking..

Stop talking out of your ass.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd Say 2 STR and 5 Attack on a Ruby Earring is a Solid Augment, better than whats Currently Available although Rare.

the DEX/Accuracy/Subtle Blow earrings are better than most options Available.

all the Pet Bonuses are better than Every single piece when using a Pet.

The Waist pieces with MND/INT and Magic Skill+ Can be better than their Alternatives.

the level Augmented Life Belts from ACP are Fucking Fantastic for their Level.

While its not an E-body, They are the best pieces for their Slot, And the only downside is Random augments, But how is that any Different from Random Drop Rates? When you get a Hi-Elixir instead of a Sweet Augmented Ruby Earring, its about the same as Killing Fafnir and getting a Hrotti instead of Ridill.

Just because -you- don't have jobs that can get full Potential of Said items doesn't make it a shitty Mini Expansion, the story-line and content did that >.>, but the Rewards are worth-while, though time consuming, but everything in this damn game is time consuming!

In the end, those Earrings that are possible from the Final ACP fight are Better than Anything We have in those Slots, Especially the MND/Macc Earrings and the STR/ATK and DEX/ACC combo ones.

And have you not seen those Beak mantles with UP TO STR/DEX+2 Acc+6 on them? its a Rare Chance, But the fact is, so is everything AND they are the best Pieces for their Slot for the level they are, and some of those items can last you to 75 and be better than the current options.

i mean really, if you wanna see how awesome the shit from ACP -can- be just check out the Augmented Items thread... some of the stuff there is just Incredible.

All of the items you stated were better or slight sidegrades from items that you can buy off the AH (other thant he pet bonus items), and in no way gave people not interested in end game access to "end game gear that you can only get with a LS of Ebodies", which was the comment I was arguing against.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This game has been at level cap for 5 years, everything is a sidegrade, and will increasingly become so. You might see an occasional new job best-in-slot, but by smaller and smaller margins.

And which of those sidegrades require an alliance of Ebodies to get?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All of the items you stated were better or slight sidegrades from items that you can buy off the AH (other thant he pet bonus items), and in no way gave people not interested in end game access to "end game gear that you can only get with a LS of Ebodies", which was the comment I was arguing against.
    Yah, but i can't honostly think of any mob in the game that require a large group of Extremely "Ebody" Well Geared players to take down outside of P.W, maybe Odin... but Odin doesn't drop anything that you can't get from Ground kings, which in turn are still beatable by gimps which is proven on a daily basis on Asura. Unless your counting a "sidegrade" armor that is Valhalla, or the Awesome Valk Fork for DRG... Hofud well.. yah.

Most end game mobs aren't extremely difficult now a-days , anything outside of your average Haub DD is just speeding up an already guaranteed kill. The only thing this game REALLY requires to kill any of the "endgame" mobs is Intelligence. Kirin can be burned by a Pickup group, Any sky god is simple, Dark Ixion is easily dispatched, Jailers are taken down Low man more oft' than not... JoL Just requires a competent group of BLMs to kill Pets, and a Decently geared PLD/RDM... None of the mobs i can think of absolutely REQUIRE top Geared players.

I know your not the one who used the words "group of Ebodies", and you were just trying to counteract the guy who said it... But im validating my claim by saying... Theres almost nothing in this game that requires Top-of-the-line Gear to kill, Only Intelligence and decent armor, which may in fact be YOUR point, in which case were on the same page.

I don't know, its STR+2 Attack+5 on an Earring isnt an Ebody, but its definitely an Upgrade. and STR/DEX+2 Accuracy+6 on a level 50~back Piece of Armor is a -end-all-be-all- complete Upgrade to Any back piece you can use at that level... Also the Final ACP Body Armor is infact Better than most of the Garbage Endgame mobs drop, i mean, Mostly just for PLD and Mages, but still... Enmity+5 Fast Cast+5 ... Can't beat that

Exactly, there are no massive limitations that keep these players from getting the better items, even if you arent part of a "super leet full Ebody LS".

Maybe im just bitter about how piss poor SE introduced this augment system. Id rather have to fight hard ass mobs and do gradual quests than climb delkfut 500 times just to get a random number generator to shit out a piece of equipment that isnt even better than current equipment on the AH =/..

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Exactly, there are no massive limitations that keep these players from getting the better items, even if you arent part of a "super leet full Ebody LS".

Maybe im just bitter about how piss poor SE introduced this augment system. Id rather have to fight hard ass mobs and do gradual quests than climb delkfut 500 times just to get a random number generator to shit out a piece of equipment that isnt even better than current equipment on the AH =/..
    I completely agree with the piss poor Augmenting System design, and it makes me angry to climb Delkfutt and do the damn fight over again for a fucking Hi-Elixir... some of the Earrings are beyond better than whats on the AH... and the Rings too. theres Rings With STR+1 DEX+3 Augments on a Ruby Ring, Which are hands down better than any AH Alternative. and the Sapphire earrings with MND+2 Macc+2 are hands down better than any AH Alternatives.

Still, The Retardedly random Piss poor Augmenting systems is annoying... But The Armor that can come from it is still an Upgrade, No matter how small.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

With the value of HQ gear being so absurdly high for +1 or +2 to a stat tops... you would think one might hold these "small" upgrades in a little better light. Your odds (and gil) are probably better off repeating a fight/quest once each day than trying to HQ a cursed piece of shit while needing the damn abjuration drop on top of it. Random sucks, but this entire game is built on a lot of random... so I'm not sure what people expected.

Again:

Which augments compare to any abj armor off kings?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Again:

I'm not quite sure I understand why they would really have to. You keep insisting if the equipment in an add-on does not completely surpass every other item of it's type that that add-on is pointless? Some of the items are extremely impressive, others not so much. Either you will complain that the items aren't powerful enough, or that SE is full of shit for including items in their add-on that are too powerful and they forced you to buy them.

What ever happened to the Shit is Situational mantra?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Again:

People who walked into the add-on scenario expecting something to match king armor are retarded. It was marketed as a mini-expansion, and even real expansions have a hard time comparing to abj armor off kings. The closest Square Enix has ever gotten to out-modding King Abj armor was Salvage, and even then it is difficult to replace E.Body and A.Body for some jobs.

It would be lovely to walk into an expansionette and find a piece of armor equal or comparable to a king abjuration, but somehow I find it hard to believe they'd put something like that in a $10 expansion when they have already shied away from doing so in their $30 expansions. These expansions are basically just advertising their end reward as the selling point; imagine if CoP just came right out and said "When you finish the missions you can pick one of these rings", people would complain that they paid $30 for an all-in-one ring, there is a lot of other 'rewards' for doing CoP. Access to new areas, which leads you to Jailer gear, CoP Dynamis gear, Limbus gear, etc. The gear from those side-events are ACP's augmented items- implemented differently, and albeit random and retarded, they weren't the main focus of the expansion, they are the side-quest.

I have no idea if whatever I said made any sense. But basically it is stupid to keep looking for gear that will replace King Abj in a $10 expansion, it might happen, but it is very unlikely to and really anybody who's played long enough should've known that going in.

Holy shit I didnt say they should compare to kings abjs, mioko did lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Holy shit I didnt say they should compare to kings abjs, mioko did lol.
    You have bitched repeatedly about how the reward items do not stack up to correctly available endgame gear. Based on the tone of your posts, one can only imply that you are unhappy with the situation (or at least the randomness of it).

Are you now saying you are happy with the tier of benefit these augmented items provide?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast