Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    You have bitched repeatedly about how the reward items do not stack up to correctly available endgame gear. Based on the tone of your posts, one can only imply that you are unhappy with the situation (or at least the randomness of it).

Are you now saying you are happy with the tier of benefit these augmented items provide?
    No, I am saying you are illiterate and cant tell the difference between mioko stating these are good alternatives to kings abjurations and me saying the system is piss poor and offers no additions but sidegrades to items already easily attainable. Dont hurt yourself with that one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    No, I am saying you are illiterate and cant tell the difference between mioko stating these are good alternatives to kings abjurations and me saying the system is piss poor and offers no additions but sidegrades to items already easily attainable. Dont hurt yourself with that one.
    You didn't answer my question. (Specifically what you expect from add-on level items.)

I expect the ability to influence your augments via items/key items obtained through quests/fights, and not random Diablo2 chance. Random diablo2 appraisal chance works in a game like Diablo2 because you get 40000 items from every dungeon you go too. Placing it in a system like this is fucking retarded.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

I expect the ability to influence your augments via items/key items obtained through quests/fights, and not random Diablo2 chance. Random diablo2 appraisal chance works in a game like Diablo2 because you get 40000 items from every dungeon you go too. Placing it in a system like this is fucking retarded.
    I guess that works. I sort of felt that is what the body was supposed to accomplish though. All the random other shit was just a bonus really.

Bonus or not, the Augment system and the Chocobo system were the 2 biggest fuck ups by SE thus far. SO much potential to revolutionize the game. SO much fail.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You know what im more upset about, 2 days with no Update Teasers, The fuck is going on here?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If the randomly augmented bonus items for doing missions weren't there, you wouldn't even know it. God forbid they throw a random (possibly awesome) gift in when you complete the missions you're already doing for your body piece, because obsessed players will throw a fit about how hard it is to get the BEST item ever for a specific job + subjob + situation + slot + spell.

Those damn end game players always bitching, damn them!

If only they were happy with trash =/

Dont they know they should be happy with a 1/100 odds chance of getting a sidegrade from a current AH item, for only an hour or so work a day!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Bonus or not, the Augment system and the Chocobo system were the 2 biggest fuck ups by SE thus far. SO much potential to revolutionize the game. SO much fail.
    Is there anything that doesn't make you cranky? You make me look like a ray of sunshine.

Nothing in SE has been revolutionary in a long time. SE hasn't really rolled with anything revolutionary ever since like the RNG nerf.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Those damn end game players always bitching, damn them!

If only they were happy with trash =/

Dont they know they should be happy with a 1/100 odds chance of getting a sidegrade from a current AH item, for only an hour or so work a day!
    Did you feel a breeze?

Nope, just you blowing hot air.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Then, it must be your belief that if Square-Enix ever considers adding a piece of equipment to the game that could ever potentially be the best for any possible specific situation + job + subjob + slot + ws + mob + spell + etc. combination, that they must make it very easy to obtain and completely removed from any random-chance as to not waste anyone's time that might consider it a must-have.

Cool, I guess.

Ya, because that was what I was saying wasnt it?

Oh wait, not even close. How did you translate the garbage you just posted from me saying "rather be able to affect the odds through challenging quests and fights"?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raze Azrael
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You know what im more upset about, 2 days with no Update Teasers, The fuck is going on here?
    seriously >.> makes me think the update is either the last week of july or there isnt much in it

also... where the hell is the trailer for the addon ; ;

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post
    seriously >.> makes me think the update is either the last week of july or there isnt much in it

also... where the hell is the trailer for the addon ; ;
    I can guarantee its the last week of july. why? because I leave for a week to goto a conference that week.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

since pre-orders have started, last time we pre-ordered ACP we waited 2 weeks for update. So i'm guessing the 20th or so

assburgers
    BG Level

Augments I've seen personally in game:

Str 2 Att 5 earring, Dex 2 Acc 3 Earring, Hp 12 Acc 6 Chr 4 ring, Dex 2 Acc 5 mantle, Acc 8 neck, Str 4 +1 Dex +2 ring, Mp 10 +18 back, Mnd +5 waist which Pld can equip, Int/Mnd/Macc Waists, lvl 30~ +4~5 Att mantles, lvl 40 6~7 Att necks, Mnd +2 Macc +? earring, Int 4 +1 ring, Mnd 4 +1 Mp + ? ring.

Considering the available options which equal or match just those pieces, nevermind the possible pieces, and the prices of said options, I don't think any of those people are complaining.

Is a Dex +2 Acc +6 Beak Mantle actually a Cuch -1? No.

Cuch is 4 mil, is that Beak Mantle better than most Att options? Arguably so. Even if it's only worth half the price of a Cuch relatively, that's still a sweet ass piece which I very much desire. Course, I've not got the gil making ability these days to toss around 4 mil left and right.

Is it too random? Hell yes.

Is there good shit to be had? Fucking obviously, this ain't physics dude, it's way simpler.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Trailer is up.

I like how the character SE generated for the cutscene is a NIN in full usukane DUAL WIELDING KIKOKUS! So hardcore.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Is there anything that doesn't make you cranky? You make me look like a ray of sunshine.

Nothing in SE has been revolutionary in a long time. SE hasn't really rolled with anything revolutionary ever since like the RNG nerf.
    Level Sync? Campaign? FoV? Treasure Caskets?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

the music in that trailer made it all worth it, was actually pretty sweet XD