Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat—Evil in Small Doses" Now On Sale Via PlayOnline! (07/06/2009)

"A Moogle Kupo d'Etat—Evil in Small Doses" Now On Sale Via PlayOnline! (07/06/2009)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4676/4676.jpg
    We're pleased to announce that "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat—Evil in Small Doses," the second in a series of three add-on scenarios for FINAL FANTASY XI, goes on sale starting today, exclusively through PlayOnline!

Follow the "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" banner on the main PlayOnline FINAL FANTASY XI page to purchase your registration code!

For more details, visit the official site.

* Purchasing users will be able to access the new content with the release of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, currently scheduled for late July.
    * Users need only purchase one registration code per PlayOnline ID in order to enjoy the new content with all characters on that account.
    AKA, give us money for some more poorly designed fetch quests!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hey. You get a hat.

Consolation prize.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

FFT Dark Knight helms. Can't complain can we?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    FFT Dark Knight helms. Can't complain can we?
    Sure we can, we're human.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I wonder how many Lv5 mods we have to farm this time around.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I'm not buying it.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not buying it unless people who buy it say it's fucking amazing or something.

Waited whole weekend for an update and they give us this shit :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I won't buy this immediately either, but I am hopeful that it will be better than the last scenario. Also the reward is far better.

As for "paying" for more gear, that is what we do with every expansion and even every monthly bill, so that doesn't bother me as much. I am much more concerned if it has a reason for me to get it. I still haven't done anything in ACP because there is nothing there for me. If this expansion has something I want or want to get, I will get it.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Buying it. (spoken in the same fucking annoying tone as the people who insist on telling everyone that they aren't buying it)

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Buying it. (spoken in the same fucking annoying tone as the people who insist on telling everyone that they aren't buying it)
    ^ This.

And I don't even play the game anymore.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

not buying this shit

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Didn't buy ACP, not buying this also. Going to get tiring seeing these new hats on half the players just as everyone who was sporting ACP bodies everywhere. Least the mage hat is bitchin' looking.

Long as SE doesn't pull a stunt and requires us to have it purchased for a SMN avatar quest on the side.
    (doubtful, but you never know)

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

At least they kinda humored us with more than just screenshots last time around. This time SE pretty much said "Here's your reward, now buy the expansion." I can go without 2 Str and some Def on my W.Turban anyway for now. I'll pass on it until I hear some reviews.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Buying it.

Do people not want a fast cast hat to start their spells/songs/ninjitsu? 75 RDM only?

As for "paying" for more gear, that is what we do with every expansion and even every monthly bill.
    Exactly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably will get the INT+4 and INT+2 stats for nukage, although part of me wants to like NOT get it for the tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny increase in damage it would do to my nukes, but instead do the missions then "save" the option of making into something until I'm sure what the hell I want.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

To the non-buyers: Is it a "protest" thing, where you don't want to train SE into thinking that mediocre products are acceptable? I think you'll be facing a prisoner's dilemma, where 99% of the population buys Kupo anyway and you've done little more than deny yourself a hat.

Or is it more like "I have $10 and after carefully considering the options I choose to buy a sandwich at Chili's."

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    ^

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Passing until some people beat the expansion and hopefully say good things about it.

Or is it more like "I have $10 and after carefully considering the options I choose to buy a sandwich at Chili's."
    Its more like "I bought ACP for the story and the cool body and the story sucked. This Kupo hat looks ok (they are not as show-stopping the bodypieces) but is this going to be ACP2? Or is this going to redeem SE and make up for the fail?"

ACP had the problem of having to close up an old story that many people liked and SE decided to butcher it. Kupo presents a fresh story so lets see how SE handles that and this time the writer cant say "well, i havent touch this shit in years lol".

Im expecting good things from Kupo but I wont be rushing to buy it like I was with ACP only to be possibly dissapointed with poorly designed fetch quests and a halfassed story. If good vibes from this, i'll snap it up but this time i'll get some opinions and wait.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It's a "being smart with your money" thing. Yes, we pay a monthly fee to play this game and I'm OK with that. We also pay $30 for real expansions that add new zones, missions, quests, music, armor, events, nm's, endgame events, weapons, etc etc and get continued support for said expansions well after they've been released, hence the monthly fee. Will we see continued support for these mini expansions? I doubt it. It's all about the price and $10 is too much for too little.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by trixter View Post
    It's a "being smart with your money" thing. Yes, we pay a monthly fee to play this game and I'm OK with that. We also pay $30 for real expansions that add new zones, missions, quests, music, armor, events, nm's, endgame events, weapons, etc etc and get continued support for said expansions well after they've been released, hence the monthly fee. Will we see continued support for these mini expansions? I doubt it. It's all about the price and $15 is too much for too little.
    Real expansions are better value, no doubt about it. But then again, I just went to the grocery store and bought many different items, some of which were more value per dollar spent than others. I did not solely buy the items with the greatest nutrition per dollar.

It's $10 for a hat (plus a story of questionable quality). Poor value compared to a $30 expansion, but still easily meeting my low low standards for FFXI.

I understand that different people have different salaries, expenses, savings goals, etc. At the same time, $10 is a fairly small sum. If this occupies me for 2 hours it will have been a better deal than going to the movies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast