E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Forager's Vs. Cuch Mantle for Raging Rush, assuming capped WS Acc of course. I notice a lot of people prefer the attack, personally I've used both and they both do an awesome job. JW what other people think.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Forager most cases, except if you are using cuc. mantle on your dex build.

orangefoodie

After coming back to XI after a 3year hiatus and wanting to level war as a break from my bard -- at WAR43 currently, what do I wear to make Sturmwind own face? Obviously acc is higher concern for RR and whatnot but what about a 2hit WS with onry 30% STR modifier? I fucking hate seeing only the first hit connect, makes me want to just spam shield break instead but shit dies too fast for shield break eva- to be really worth it it seems.

In particular:
    2acc vs 3STR (taru rse, not sure if gigas series are worth it for the -DEX?) on gloves?
    3DEX vs 2STR (again, taru rse) on bootsies?
    acc rings or STR rings? (no rajas atm)
    lifebelt or swordbelt+1?
    tl;dr version: where do I draw the line between acc vs STR for Sturmwind? If it helps I'm floating around ~80% hitrate with moderately underskilled gaxe madrigal and sushi in typical parties.

Last but not least, am I retarded or is the 3DEX from lizzy boots actually better than even fourth division sabatons' +2acc for TP?

Please be gentle, I promise I tried searching but with no conclusive answers and this is my first melee job

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Vodou View Post
    A mnk with less than 8% haste would see a smaller gain from fumas
    A mnk that can't get a turban and brown belt should quit.

Quote Originally Posted by orangefoodie View Post
    I fucking hate seeing only the first hit connect ... If it helps I'm floating around ~80% hitrate with moderately underskilled gaxe madrigal and sushi in typical parties.
    Just to give you an idea of how much your accuracy will effect the likelihood of landing both hits:
    • @75% accuracy, it's a 56% likelihood of both hits connecting.
    • @80% accuracy, it's a 64% likelihood.
    • @85% accuracy, it's 72%.
    • @90% accuracy, it's 81%.
    • @95% accuracy, it's 90%.
    That’s probably deceiving from the stand point that if you’re accuracy is 80%, you’re accuracy is still 80% per hit, not 64%. However, I think it still gives you an idea of how quickly consistancy diminishes with the loss of accuracy.

I think overall, until you can easily reach accuracy cap, you’re are better off trading accuracy for strength in most slots unless the strength is enormous and the accuracy is small.

If you want to duplicate this math, go to Rukenshin’s blog and find the "A Christmas Present of Sorts" entry. I'd direct link the post, but it's blocked at work and I'm too lazy to proxy.
    Quote Originally Posted by orangefoodie View Post
    Last but not least, am I retarded or is the 3DEX from lizzy boots actually better than even fourth division sabatons' +2acc for TP?
    For 2 handed weapons, 3 DEX gives you 2.25 accuracy. So, yes, it's better, especially since the DEX has the chance of increasing your critical hit rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

[EDIT]: Ashokan said it better. :X

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Today a friend woke me up at like 10:00 because him and some friends (not any one LS) had a Tiamat claim. I haven't done Tiamat in over a year since stopping serious endgame and was interested to see how the new gear I've acquired in the last year would work.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...713_115020.jpg

But my numbers were all over the place. I couldn't get it to consistently nuke for anything. I'd get 700 highs and lows of under 70. I don't really care about hitting for big numbers but a consistent 3-400 would be nice. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is Tiamat just random like that? I remember getting random numbers before AF2 Head/Nash Feet/Genie but I thought they'd level out as my gear got better.

I have 8/8 elemental merits, 5 thunder potency merits.

Any advice would be awesome, maybe I'm just confused.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was talking to a friend about 5 polearms and which they thought was better to use for 75 Drg. Not mentioning Mythic or relic polearm... and not Valkyrie fork but I guess we could add it cause it was part of our conversation.

Zaide - lvl72 Dmg93 Deley478 Attack +8, Enchances "Beast Killer" effect vs, Beasts: Critical hit rate 7%

Mezraq - lvl75 Dmg93 Deley492 Str+2 Vit+2 Additional Effect: Impairs Evasion

Thalassocrat - lvl75 Dmg94 Deley 492 Hp+10 Dex+2 Vit+2 Enhances" Resist Virus" effect additional effect: Impairs Evasion

Valkyrie's Fork - lvl75 Dmg95 Deley492 double att+3% Store Tp+3

Skystrider - lvl 69 Dmg93 Deley492 Jump tp bonus+5Tp Set: Increases Str+6, Attack+6, Rng Attack+6(cause drg have need for it -.-) Magic attack bonus+2" keep in mind you need the Supermacy Earring

I thought Zaide was one of my top choices, I mean the deley is lower and adds a high amount of attack, plus when fighting beast you benefit also. Whats not to like. I think the Mezraq to me was better in my eyes than the thalassocrat. But its one of the things you kinda say its what you prefer Dex or Str. But adding that resist Virus thing is a joke and hp+10... I dont see how hp+10 will help me in the long run. If I solo and get down to 10hp maybe I shouldn't be soloing that mob. Thats the way I see it.

Now we have skystrider I like it but it takes a earring slot away. I marco a lot of stuff, one of them being is my earrings. That would mean I lose the stats for that time frame and meh... you guys get the picture. Again I like it but just not my cup of tea.

Last but not least, Valkyrie Fork I think it looks cool. Would I get? sure just to have it, I would use it if I sub melee job, perhaps also mage job, I dont have it yet so I really cant say anything yet. But I think its built more for /melee sub. Double att 3% sure great. I am short 2 35 pieces from ares full set, most of my armor is double attack +% which is more than enough to make me happy. The Tp+3 sure is nice but i play drg/mage more than drg/melee so my job is to make sure people dont die myself included, not to worry who can I out phase and when is my WS ready. I wont lose it if i cant get +3tp. On the other hand dmg 95 is nice . Thats all I had to say about that.

I would like to get your guys input on this. Help clear my mind on it. Even though what I said about the other weapons is what I think about them i'm sure im missing out on some of the good things they have to offer.

I like:
    Zaide and Valkyrie fork the others are kinda meh. But I have been wrong before. Thanks for you input guys.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke_xi View Post
    Tiamat
    Obviously you're not a taru but your int looks pretty low to me for Tiamat (who has ~120 int?)

As for the polearms, Thalasso is the most popular because (excluding Vork which beats it all ends up) it has the highest base damage and a delay that makes a 6-hit attainable with minimal sacrifices. Skystrider could theoretically give you a base damage of 95 but many people one way or another don't have the means to get the r/e earring from the bc or just don't want to sacrifice an earring slot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Phantom Tathlum, AF+1 hands, maybe a second int ring, goliard clogs should also give you slightly less macc but boost damage.

Your int is very low for an HNM set, most things of Tiamat's level have around 110 int and the general rule of thumb is to aim for a dINT of +10 (some have less and only 2-3 have higher, jorm, kirin and maybe a few others).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Killkenny View Post
    Phantom Tathlum, AF+1 hands, maybe a second int ring, goliard clogs should also give you slightly less macc but boost damage.

Your int is very low for an HNM set, most things of Tiamat's level have around 110 int and the general rule of thumb is to aim for a dINT of +10 (some have less and only 2-3 have higher, jorm, kirin and maybe a few others).
    I've got a Phantom Tathlum just forgot it rushing out to claim. So it would be better to use snow ring and AF1+1 hands over Morrigan's and Sorcerer's? What about AF1+1 head over AF2? I've got all of those already so it would be an easy fix if that's all it takes. Sorry for all the simplistic questions, just trying to get this sorted out.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Looking at 2 potential RR sets(not mine) and looking for opinions on the two, or a mix/match of some of the pieces. One is what it is now, second is what I was thinking in terms of changes. 8/8 GAxe and Pizza if MMJSP would be assumed.

http://ffxigear.com/?ref=14096

vs.

FFXIGEAR.com

Not sure if the boost in crit rate would make up for/outdo the loss in attack, critique would be appreciated.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've got a Phantom Tathlum just forgot it rushing out to claim. So it would be better to use snow ring and AF1+1 hands over Morrigan's and Sorcerer's? What about AF1+1 head over AF2? I've got all of those already so it would be an easy fix if that's all it takes. Sorry for all the simplistic questions, just trying to get this sorted out.
    At least use AF+1 Hands in your setup, keep Sorc. Petasos on as well. I'm not sure about the Sorc Ring though. And were you using Food?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Looking at 2 potential RR sets(not mine) and looking for opinions on the two, or a mix/match of some of the pieces. One is what it is now, second is what I was thinking in terms of changes. 8/8 GAxe and Pizza if MMJSP would be assumed.

FFXIGEAR.com

vs.

FFXIGEAR.com

Not sure if the boost in crit rate would make up for/outdo the loss in attack, critique would be appreciated.
    Dunno if its just me, but your first link is coming up as a naked Taru Female.

(perv.)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

AF+1 hands are a definite improvement over morrigans, the difference between 3int and 5mab is small in terms of damage but the difference between 3int, 15 skill vs. 5 macc is pretty huge. I think given your current int you'd benefit more from a second int ring over sorcerer's as your nuking set already has a lot of MAB and the returns dimish on it the more you stack. I'd keep AF2 head on for sure.

Were you eating cream puffs or another high int food during the fight?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drace View Post
    Dunno if its just me, but your first link is coming up as a naked Taru Female.

(perv.)
    So you're saying go with the first?

had digits transposed, fixed

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FFXIGEAR.com is something I knocked together in a few minutes. I'm not saying this is optimal, I've probably made some bad oversights that others will pick up on but this set adds 4 skill and 21 int at a loss of 6 magic acc. Omega over sorcerer's ring will lower your max damage but of course will add accuracy compared to the zero that sorc contributes to accuracy. I'm not too clued-up on the rough equivalences of differing stats that have been derived from Lodeguy because I never really fight stuff that needs it so I'm not sure which rings are best out of snow(s)/balrahn's/omega.

Cream Puff will help too!

Edit: From putting gear in the screenshot on ffxigear he doesn't have food on (or at least anything that helps nukes!)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, was just eating cookies. Friend woke me up to rush out to claim, I ended up forgetting a couple of pieces, including the majority of my enfeebling set, and INT+ food. With all the drama that insued I probably could have spent more time making sure I had everything.

Next time I'll be sure to go with AF+1 hands. I still need to get some goliard feet, though :<

Thanks for all of your help, it's really appreciated.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Samurai penta thrust: o kote of myochin +1? I have 8 polearm merits currently fairly bog-standard gear (no usukane) in other slots and usually do pickup merits so usually buffs i have are 1 brd or cor, occasionally 2brd/brd+cor

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Vicious Mufflers v Goliard Cuffs for SCH. Are there any situations where the extra Magic ACC will outweigh the 1MAB? I've mostly followed guides, so I don't instinctively know what will and will not resist spells. If it's obvious that the mob will resist, then I usually use my full resist set.

This is my damage (Non-Resist) set thus far:FFXIGEAR.com

This is my resist set (No Hybrid yet): FFXIGEAR.com

I have 8/8 Elemental Magic merits if that makes a difference.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast