+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King Arthro HP     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

King Arthro HP

Has anybody parsed a King Arthro fight? I'm trying to get some kind of gauge of its HP here.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thought that I'd add that I'm referring to Jugner Forest version.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I haven't parsed one recently but it has about 35k I think.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This probably won't help too much, but I believe I recall 720 damage Atonement doing 3%, I'd estimate 30k if I had to.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There was a thread in standard a while back with a lot of great info on solo KA but I can't seem to find it now.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I see. Also, since we're on the subject, is the Enparalyze even of concern? I never blood tanked it before and never remember being paralyzed by it, but according to Wiki it's there.

Thorshammer

~35,000 HP

Thorshammer

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    I see. Also, since we're on the subject, is the Enparalyze even of concern? I never blood tanked it before and never remember being paralyzed by it, but according to Wiki it's there.
    enpara is rarely... from what I can tell you...

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Would it be worthwhile to bring Remedies, or is it even a potent Paralyze? Also, bear in mind I'm considering sponging every hit here.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Would it be worthwhile to bring Remedies, or is it even a potent Paralyze? Also, bear in mind I'm considering sponging every hit here.
    KA has god awful accuracy in the first place, you'll be fine

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Talking about 218 evasion skill here lol

If you're taking every hit, you'll be fine with two stacks. You likely won't even end up using them all, but they're not that expensive, and the safety is worthwhile(and when I say 'safety', I mean not getting swings halted).

And if you were inquiring about his HP to gauge his soloability, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most jobs that can deal a fair amount of damage while managing to stay alive against an EP mob for long periods of time should be fine. Killed as RDM/NIN a fair number of times, for the record(/NIN was really only for Blau/Joy availability, I never casted 'Ichi, lest I should substantially reduce my damage output, and 'Ni was just because it was there).

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Alrighty, that pretty much sums it up then. I was considering RDM/NIN here (Joyeuse/Justice), seems like I'll be fine.

J/J combo should work fine, too. I just generally prefer Blau(or any decent dagger, for that matter) main-hand because of how much better Evisceration is than any non-Vorpal sword weapon skill.

I really cannot stress the 'don't cast Utsusemi: Ichi' part enough, though. That alone will likely cause you to rage him.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah, I can see why, although I think Justice Sword might be a better choice here considering the high physical damage resistance (enspells and such.) Death Blossom is actually somewhat decent too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Any possibility for a single THF/NIN to kill it before rage timer ? (In case I can claim it somehow)

Possible, but you'd really, really be pushing the rage barrier. The other problem with slow-kill DD jobs trying to solo him, from my experience, is that you're more prone to random Waterga III rapings, and as a Thief, you have very little means to fixing that sort of situation.

If you can find someone to loan you a KC, that would probably increase your chances dramatically. His evasion is absolutely laughable, so the increased WS frequency(its actually pretty decent DoT as well, despite popular belief) should really be particularly helpful with a job like Thief.

Edit: Oh! And bring your Signal/Tactic's Pearl! Even if your NPC isn't high enough for Haste, being able to TA will dramatically increase your damage.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Go RDM/WAR with Remedies and Joyeuse. Phalanx makes damage marginal, paralyze owns its face, and Vorpal Blade will do 300-600 depending on gear. Poisonga / Waterga are resisted 99% of the time.

I don't really agree about the paralyze though, it can be fairly deadly. My friends and I watching a MNK/NIN die to it when he got 6-7 stacks of shihei paralyzed in a row. Obviously that can be avoided by not being an idiot with your supplies, but the point is that it can proc fairly often, especially in a job with crap evasion. I box a RDM with my Kraken RNG and he hits me fairly often.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was originally thinking RDM/BLU which gets Vorpal Blade and Cocoon (+50% defense!) I'll definitely pick up some remedies either way although I think that Barparalyze will help quite a bit.

I suppose experiences may differ, but I've just never had any issues with en-paralyze that couldn't be solved with a stack of remedies. This is with five kills and a wipe(three unresisted Waterga in a row at ~5%.. Very embarrassing -_-), for what its worth.

Zero belts </3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast