BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

New TV Series' to Avoid

Basically I thought we could have a thread to discuss avoiding certain new TV series that start.

I got the idea to have a thread for this after watching a free download from iTunes today: 10 Things I Hate About You: the Series. While it's a good rule not to expect much from a series based on a movie, but this series takes it to a whole new level. The pilot is seriously a rip of the movie but with worse actors and characters. I was in utter disbelief in how bad it was, I have trouble even explaining it. If you wanna experience this piece of shit feel free to get in on iTunes.

Feel free to share you own thoughts on any new TV series not deserving of their own thread!

the pilot for Virtuality was god-awful

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Dark Blue.

I can't watch another cop show after The Shield. They're all so timid and lame wrapped up in a package trying too hard to be badass.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I thought Virtuality was intriguing, I love the guy who plays the captain, from New Amsterdam. The whole reality TV thing is meh, and half the episode is filled with CGI shots of the ship, the camera panning around. And also being raped by a virtual reality char, wtf. It'll probably end up being too expensive for the audience that it'll keep.

There's a new show on NBC? called The Philanthropist. Imagine Ironman without the crime fighting and the supersuit. Basically, billionaire ceo goes around the world trying to do good deeds, trying to find redemption after losing his son. The first episode, he personally delivers medicine to a village in Africa, after having a traumatic time during a hurricane there. It's watchable, but idk how long the show can last. Having each episode play out through a character narrating to other people in the show is kinda meh also.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Pilot for Hung was the most disappointing thing I've seen on TV since S3 of Heroes.
    Oh, and... Cleveland Show

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Hung was ... just so ... I do not know. I expected more from the show to be honest. What we got was extremely whiney and it didnt even feel like the show should have been over.

Warehouse 13 was just so bland. It reminded me of the old 90s anthology series "Friday the 13th". Basically a show about wierd historic objects that make people act wierd. Was a decent concept, but they seem to want to make it "funny" instead of scary or thrilling.

The Listener is another "new show" that is just plain bad. It seems like Fox and NBC just ordered alot of shows for last season that ended up just plain bad so they are dropping them off on us in the summertime. Why couldn't they have tried to make King into something good. At least that show had some good actors in it and a decent plot.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I liked The Listener :3 been watching it as it's been released elsewhere first. It's a reused concept, but I like the characters.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Basically I thought we could have a thread to discuss avoiding certain new TV series that start.

I got the idea to have a thread for this after watching a free download from iTunes today: 10 Things I Hate About You: the Series. While it's a good rule not to expect much from a series based on a movie, but this series takes it to a whole new level. The pilot is seriously a rip of the movie but with worse actors and characters. I was in utter disbelief in how bad it was, I have trouble even explaining it. If you wanna experience this piece of shit feel free to get in on iTunes.

Feel free to share you own thoughts on any new TV series not deserving of their own thread!
    Even funnier that they have the dad from the original movie as the dad in this movie. I never expected much from a series based on a two-hour movie.

Where else could they go? Who the hell thought it would make a good 24-episode series?

I might be alone on this but I watched the first episode of Nurse Jackie and I really didn't like a minute of that show.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The Cleveland show.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mental is pretty terrible too- what is it with shows that feel they need gratuitous, shitty CGI?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Didn't feel like making a new thread, so going to throw in new shows here >.>

Just watched the series premiere of Dark Blue. It's a bunch of recycled ideas, but I think it's well done/put together. Tortured cop that would've made captain if he didn't lose his wife is head of a deep undercover unit in LA. Can never have too many cop shows right?!?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Mental sucked.
    Nurse Jackie and Glee I like.
    Hung was bleh too.