+ Reply to Thread
    drizzt13626

FFXI Color and resolution problem.

Good evening, I am having an issue with my gfs computer playing ffxi. Its a gateway FX with an ati radeon 4850 graphics card.
    When i try to run the game at most resolutions, it runs fine, (and with registry edits gets a sharp image) but the colors are very drab and washed out. This occurs on every resolution we tried except for 1600x1000, which provides very bright and vibrant colors. At this resolution the text is too small to read. Any thoughts on why the colors are washed out on lower resolutions, and how to fix it?

Have you tried different monitors? Some monitors just display things differently, so what you may be used to is not what you're seeing but its the 'normal' for that particular monitor. Maybe try different sets of Catalyst also?

Does this happen in any other game/3d application?

If you want to tinker with the color settings, CCC has a color gradient adjust function you can play with, if its not the monitor or the drivers I'd recommend trying that. ATT also has a similar color settings adjuster.

drizzt13626

Its not really a monitor, its a 32" lg hdtv. All the other games we have tried have the same color schemes regardless of what the resolution is. I'll try posting some screenshots later. I'll also see if other versions of catalyst help.