Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Eh, I'll join in, even though it's copying others of favouring sam.

They'll introduce 2 new mobs , the gargoyle creatures which will be like Collibri but Demon family, and say Iron Giants, which will be Arcana family, but like Wivres. There won't be many dragons if any in the new [S] areas, and there certainly won't be any plantoid, vermin, beast, lizards, amorph, bird or aquan up there either.

They'll increase duration of circle effects to 2 min, with a recast of 5 min, and the kabuto or whatever relic/AF will increase duration another 30 seconds. The circle effects will grant haste and acc bonus.

So basically you'll get your new merit party of Sam, Sam, DD, Brd, Rdm, Cor up there now with just a little acc, and lots of Str/atk, ripping up Gargoyles and perhaps Imps too, and no one else will be invited.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...692/4692_6.jpg

OH SHIT, A RAPTOR! HERE, I'LL USE ARCANE CIRCLE TO PROTECT US.
    I giggled at this more than I should have.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I was expecting more to be honest but here's to hoping the BLU spells are actually useful and worth setting unlike the majority of WoTG spells

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanesoul View Post
    Eh, I'll join in, even though it's copying others of favouring sam.

They'll introduce 2 new mobs , the gargoyle creatures which will be like Collibri but Demon family, and say Iron Giants, which will be Arcana family, but like Wivres. There won't be many dragons if any in the new [S] areas, and there certainly won't be any plantoid, vermin, beast, lizards, amorph, bird or aquan up there either.

They'll increase duration of circle effects to 2 min, with a recast of 5 min, and the kabuto or whatever relic/AF will increase duration another 30 seconds. The circle effects will grant haste and acc bonus.

So basically you'll get your new merit party of Sam, Sam, DD, Brd, Rdm, Cor up there now with just a little acc, and lots of Str/atk, ripping up Gargoyles and perhaps Imps too, and no one else will be invited.
    Tundra-fucking-Colibri!

Jokes aside, theres more to "whats wrong with merit parties" than just monster types. Last I check, Dragoons are pretty high up on the invite totem pole for Colibri parties and given that Killer Instinct is a merit category, this will not likely save Beastmaster from its current "what the fuck is this job" fate. Last I check, Beau Glacier has tigers soo....

Maybe it's just me but when I think gargoyles I think petrification TP moves of some sort. Knowing SE, this translates to a TP move with Petrify/Terrorize/Countdown and a costume change to a gargoyle when the TP move is over. Id be taken aback if Gargoyles hit the EXP category and not the "these mobs are over the fucking top" category.

I really hope that killer effects get changed, those garrison earrings could become a whole lot more useful if they gave the attacker haste and slowed the enemy but that's looking into the patch notes a bit too much bleh.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Joke is on you if it turns out that the circle enhancements are generic buffs that work in all situations.

Example: Arcane Circle gives Evasion, Holy Circle gives Enemy Crit -, etc etc.

It's possible and that could be what the screenshot is intended to indicate.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ooooh totally forgot shit was moved here. Yay for new BLU magic, even if it's only 2 spells. T_T

Dragoon Mage
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

May well be that the circle's arn't mob specific. It could just be that they each give the party a special effect regardless of what your fighting (as well as the intimidation to specific mobs it used to give of course).

For example:

Holy Circle: Defence Bonus
    Arcane Circle: Magic Defence Bonus
    Warding Circle: Increases Elemental Defence
    Ancient Circle: Breath Damage Taken Reduced
    Killer Instinct: Evasion Bonus

Or maybe more aggressive such as:

Holy Circle: Increases Attack
    Arcane Circle: Increases Magical Attack
    Warding Circle: Increases Critical Hit Damage
    Ancient Circle: Increases Haste Effect
    Killer Instinct: Increases Accuracy

Just ideas, probably all wrong though.

Starless

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Joke is on you if it turns out that the circle enhancements are generic buffs that work in all situations.

Example: Arcane Circle gives Evasion, Holy Circle gives Enemy Crit -, etc etc.

It's possible and that could be what the screenshot is intended to indicate.
    I'm willing to take that bet to get the chance to poke fun at the people who take SE's screenshots.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jaunty View Post
    Holy Circle: Increases Attack
    Arcane Circle: Increases Magical Attack
    Warding Circle: Increases Critical Hit Damage
    Ancient Circle: Increases Haste Effect
    Killer Instinct: Increases Accuracy

Just ideas, probably all wrong though.
    Of course that's wrong. Haste+Acc+Att+Crit goes on Warding Circle, % Damage Taken down on Holy Circle, and the other three give Defense +10.

"Two new BLU spells" is SE code for "two new mob types in the northlands areas and our update preview announcement looked too short without adding another section." But I'm excited, of course.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

These aren't really job adjustments, just gameplay changes... :/

I welcome the skillup increase though, I've been leveling WAR and my axe skill is greatly falling behind my GAxe because I've been living in East Ronfaure [S]. I would have appreciated if they had simply allowed you to get skillups even while under Level Sync, but I'll take this I guess.

Still, this buff while Martial Master is active = Boyahda will be packed.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think SE just set a new standard for vague

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Please add Iron Giants and Gargoyles this update.
    Please give Iron Giants the new Blue Magic, Mighty Guard. I am sick of asking retarded mages to cast Protect on me.
    Please give Gargoyles a single-hit piercing attack. I am sick of using Disseverment while subbing Thief.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I LOL'd hard at these.

I'm happy to see more BLU spells, hopefully they wont suck.

Very dissapointed at the lack of a BLM update.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Two more BLU spells are cool I guess. Hopefully they're useful, unlike 80% of the spell-list. More curious to see how they're going to rework Circle JA's.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimagi View Post
    Please add Iron Giants and Gargoyles this update.
    Please give Iron Giants the new Blue Magic, Mighty Guard. I am sick of asking retarded mages to cast Protect on me.
    Please give Gargoyles a single-hit piercing attack. I am sick of using Disseverment while subbing Thief.
    http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/irongiant8-b.jpg

Sup Guys?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If this is the only buff that BST gets in this update, all five BST left on my server are going to be pretty disappointed.

BLM and SMN also going to be kind of upset, BLM especially seem to have to solo 1-75 these days.

On a scale of 1 ('hopeless') to 10 ('WOOHOO!!'), the job additions for this update get a solid score of 2 ('meh').

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    BLM and SMN also going to be kind of upset, BLM especially seem to have to solo 1-75 these days.
    Actually, from what I can tell, manaburning is seeing a resurgence since the introduction of Level Sync.

i don't have access to an app to view animation files atm, but doesn't the first one look a bit like memories of wind, the TP move used by the weeper type mobs in prommy? there's clearly a structure in the background of the image so we should be able to identify the zone (no photoshop tools here either, so enhancing the image to make it better visible is not an option for several hours, tho if i had to guess, i'd say it looks like one of the shacks you find near dem) if that's even meant to be a hint.

as for the second one, i'd say that the lines clearly look circular, at least to me, plus the fact that they're not directly passing through the mob at current indicates that these are not fixed but they must move through the mob either by changing in size, translating, something else, or a combination of the above. as such, i'd say it reminds me more of a physical multi hit tp move or something that stuns the target (notice the similarity to the stun animation if the rings actually close to encircle the target. alternatively, if the player is the center of the rings (it's hard to see from a glance) that would strongly indicate to me that this is some kind of a buff spell, but it doesn't really look like one to me. maybe a pixie spell, idk what those look like, but i'm not holding my breath. plus i do not encourage the killing of pixies. they're our flappy little R3 casting friends!

obviously this is total speculation (especially the 2nd) but we can at least quickly rule in or out the first by checking a model viewer. recent blu spells have been pathetically weak (seedspray. spiral spin. yay?) so we're due up for at least one DECENT spell sometime in the future. then again, we are dealing with SE. we've been due up for a lot of fixes for a very long time (why hello there, little bst! how's your buddy smn?) which haven't materialized, so i won't be shocked if this comes up as lackluster as prior blu updates.

as for the circle updates, way i figure it is, they suck now, so if they suck after the update, nothing lost. they won't get worse (though we will get more laughs at the ancient circle guy) so anything they do is an improvement. it's just a question of if it's a big improvement or if it's like the spell lock fix they did months ago that didn't really do bubkus.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Iron Giant would be nice to see really. and Mighty Guard too...

as for the circle changes, i think they would actually be buffs relating to the whole monster family thing.. making them actually fulfill their original purpose of being useful against specific mob families...
    anything else would really not solve anything...

its a nice indirect way of saying at least 2 new monsters, i think..
    tho i think its about time to see a new HNM from WotG too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast