Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Overall, garbage. There better be a Part III with some actually useful shit. They didn't mention "second half" like they did last time which leaves a slight amount of hope. IMHO the Buffs to Circle JAs better be beast if they're going to be used. If fs only for the family of mobs it's used for, lame. Definitely not buying the new expansion now, at least until SE renews my faith that they can produce decent updates.

Shibayama

Yknow... after waiting all week for this, can't help but be abit... dissapointed. My friend suggested that this part II was "just a blurb, not an actual "job ajustment" notice so we don't jizz our pants too early" - hope thats right lol...

Because if SE's way of listening to the players is looking at their census and seeing that Ancient Circle recast merits are low and going "OMG WE NEED TO FIX THAT!", then I'm sure most blm, pup, smn and bst are going to be (rightfully...) pissed.

And I'm still waiting for my "lets make dnc viable in endgame" update >_>

While the skill up thing is nice, this news is kind of underwhelming.

Though new skill up rate+ martial master....capped guard within sight afterall?!

Job adjustments and Additions part III with more specific adjustments for jobs that need it plz?

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hopefully they're buffing killer effects this update and the circle job abilities being stated as "adjusted" is a hint.

This scenario would equate to a BST update if true.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

M

E

H

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ok I just .dat Swapped the new BLU spell. Basically it's animation is similar to Eyes on Me, where an orb is created in front of the user and then floats to the mob you are casting on. It seems to give some type of status effect to the mob, as seen in the 2nd screenshot. Please don't mind the graphics as I am using windowed mode on my laptop at work.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...a/newspell.jpg

and the status effect:

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...atuseffect.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Ok I just .dat Swapped the new BLU spell. Basically it's animation is similar to Eyes on Me, where an orb is created in front of the user and then floats to the mob you are casting on. It seems to give some type of status effect to the mob, as seen in the 2nd screenshot.
    You're always so on top of shit, nice work once again. So that's the one everyone thought was a buff? Interesting, the plot thickens. Something about the eerie color, the possibility it's a gaze attack, and the possibility it's from a gargoyle makes me hope for petrification.

Wow god damn there had better be more. Series doesn't mean two.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shinta View Post
    You're always so on top of shit, nice work once again. So that's the one everyone thought was a buff? Interesting, the plot thickens. Something about the eerie color, the possibility it's a gaze attack, and the possibility it's from a gargoyle makes me hope for petrification.
    A Petra move would be pretty cool just because its something new! Though if it did some damage and Petra it would be even nicer!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

A Petrification spell for players would be nice, albeit it probably wouldn't last long, otherwise, it'd be useful! Good to see BLU is still getting some luv from SE. Poor SMN(not counting Elemental Awesome Siphon) and BLM..

Also this.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

In trying to deduce the 2nd blue mage spell, we can eliminate mob families that blue mages already have spells from; blue mages don't learn two spells from the same mob type (Warm-up and Firespit are learned from two different kinds of Mamool Ja, mind you). That assumes, of course, that SE continues to follow in that vein.

I think SE understand the problem with Level Synch parties, and that you need to be able to skill up past the actual level of the synch. This annoucement is so vague, it feels rushed. I think it's just a bad write-up, not to mention that the Yonin Ability doesn't match between French and English translations. Remember that Fan Dance was originally animated as shields? until they had to do last minute changes. What I'm getting at is that SE doesn't always get its facts straight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So playing with Gargoyles in altana viewer...is it just me or do they sound like little girls? O.o

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    blue mages don't learn two spells from the same mob type
    Blank Gaze and Magic Fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by A-Chaos View Post
    That was great lol.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    So playing with Gargoyles in altana viewer...is it just me or do they sound like little girls? O.o
    Do they wear school uniforms?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Buff/Nerf/Fix should be on the same die and Circles/NM should be on the same die

Otherwise it'll lead to nonsensical responses such as

Buff Fix !
    Fix Nerf !
    NM Circles!

Then again, I am pretty sure we have seen update notes like that before

(OVER ANALYZING YES)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by A-Chaos View Post
    Grr I've been meaning to do a dice after each teaser and I keep forgetting, and finally someone beat me to it.

nitpick: The dice options are a little messed up. It would make more sense if the left die had (BUFF, NERF, FIX) and the right die had (CIRCLES, NMs).

That's just me being sore because I kept forgetting to make a dice cartoon.

Edit: Too slow. Also, I think like Rocl and that is very very scary. /hides

Quote Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
    In trying to deduce the 2nd blue mage spell, we can eliminate mob families that blue mages already have spells from; blue mages don't learn two spells from the same mob type (Warm-up and Firespit are learned from two different kinds of Mamool Ja, mind you). That assumes, of course, that SE continues to follow in that vein.
    Blank Gaze and Magic Fruit from Opo-Opos

Magic Carrot and Foot Kick can both be learned from CoP Bunnies.

So we cannot discount mob classes where we have spells from already.

Myriads (keeper of the Blue mage Hunting grounds: Blue Magic Hunting Grounds )

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I think there will be a part 3, but it probably won't happen until next week. Based on SE's previous teasers, they will probably release the Moogle Add on's promotional video tomorrow.

Excited for BLU spells at least.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    A Petra move would be pretty cool just because its something new! Though if it did some damage and Petra it would be even nicer!
    If it's a petra move, it will cost 5 points to set, no less than 150 mp to cast, have a 12 second cast time, only work if the mob is facing you (good luck with that cast time), have an accuracy of < 10% on anything you'd bother to use it on, and only last 20 seconds or less.

I wish I was exaggerating. There are a lot of existing spells that would be so much fun to play with if their cost/effect wasn't so absurdly unreasonable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast