Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    So playing with Gargoyles in altana viewer...is it just me or do they sound like little girls? O.o
    Don't use the "Schedule" option as it plays movements that are similar to all mobs such as ninjitsu, black magic, etc. Those girly noises you hear are the pixie files.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Waited a week for this dissapointment.

And no, this doesnt change BST at all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by vinelle View Post
    If it's a petra move, it will cost 5 points to set, no less than 150 mp to cast, have a 12 second cast time, only work if the mob is facing you (good luck with that cast time), have an accuracy of < 10% on anything you'd bother to use it on, and only last 20 seconds or less.

I wish I was exaggerating. There are a lot of existing spells that would be so much fun to play with if their cost/effect wasn't so absurdly unreasonable.
    This is how blu works, IF it is a petra move I have no doubt it will be similar to this if not worse... or maybe sand trap duration so if anything more of a glorified stun with a massive recast. Despite this I am happy we are getting new spells, new trait speculation go?

Quote Originally Posted by vinelle View Post
    If it's a petra move, it will cost 5 points to set, no less than 150 mp to cast, have a 12 second cast time, only work if the mob is facing you (good luck with that cast time), have an accuracy of < 10% on anything you'd bother to use it on, and only last 20 seconds or less.

I wish I was exaggerating. There are a lot of existing spells that would be so much fun to play with if their cost/effect wasn't so absurdly unreasonable.
    Sadly, that sounds just about right.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    This is how blu works, IF it is a petra move I have no doubt it will be similar to this if not worse... or maybe sand trap duration so if anything more of a glorified stun with a massive recast. Despite this I am happy we are getting new spells, new trait speculation go?
    Sand Trap is a Blue Magic in the .dats isn't it? It was just never added.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

New trait for BLU will be MACC+

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    And no, this doesnt change BST at all.
    When in actuality you have no idea. Not trolling, just how can you speak to surely about something that NO ONE KNOWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes
    new trait speculation go?
    I think the only ones left are:

Resist Silence
    Resist Slow
    Resist Paralyze
    Resist Poison
    Resist Petrify
    Resist Blind
    Resist Virus

Wide Scan
    Alertness
    Stealth

Evasion Bonus
    Kick Attacks
    Martial Arts
    Subtle Blow
    Dual Wield
    Double Attack
    Zanshin
    Triple Attack

Treasure Hunter
    Gilfinder

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That animation doesn't look anything like a Petrify attack... Every Petrify Attack i can think of has at least some form of Earth like Animation... Optic Induration, Sand Trap, Level 5 Petrify (Has the Stone look on you), Blank Gaze(or W/e from Lizards) even has the Circle stone thing on you after going off.

Look AT the bunny in the second shot, Its eyes are red, its turned a darkened color... The rings, It looks like some DMG + Status down effect, or Possibly Curse, Plague? It has more of an Eerie "Ghost" effect, Almost like Fear Touch, or Dark Sphere (The Slow move from Skeletons)... the Red "Mist" you see coming from the Enemy looks more i'd say Virus, Plague, or Curse... Plague wouldn't be so bad, consider it drains HP/MP/TP over time?

Or looking at the purple "circle" surrounding the bunny it could be Gravity or Gravity+Plague, maybe Bio?

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Since it seems to be a consistent problem, I'm going to translate the French notes, just in case the English guy has pulled one of his usual fuck-ups.

(Possibly) significant differences:

The second paragraph about skillup is worded a lot differently than the English one. It says approximately:

To remedy this situation, we intend to adjust the rate of increase of these skills in order to raise more easily during these portions of levels, and better follow the progression of gaining experience.

Note that it doesn't specifically state low/medium, it just says "these levels", presumably because level sync mostly causes this problem at the lower levels, as the first paragraph mentioned. This isn't to say that it won't be exclusive to low-medium levels, but the French translation is definitely less specific about it.

The paragraph about circles is also worded much differently. It says something more like:

"Circle"-type abilities are often considered difficult to exploit because their impact is not very visible for the duration of effect. We have decided to improve their capacity to make them more useful and make their effects easier to feel.

Again, the English guy said they were useless because of their "delay", French says they're useless because of their strength. Totally different implications.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Buffs for DRG AND BLU. Hopefully more for them to come! Looks like the new spells might come from Beau/Xarca [S] Mobs.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Since it seems to be a consistent problem, I'm going to translate the French notes, just in case the English guy has pulled one of his usual fuck-ups.

(Possibly) significant differences:

The second paragraph about skillup is worded a lot differently than the English one. It says approximately:

To remedy this situation, we intend to adjust the rate of increase of these skills in order to raise more easily during these portions of levels, and better follow the progression of gaining experience.

Note that it doesn't specifically state low/medium, it just says "these levels", presumably because level sync mostly causes this problem at the lower levels, as the first paragraph mentioned. This isn't to say that it won't be exclusive to low-medium levels, but the French translation is definitely less specific about it.

The paragraph about circles is also worded much differently. It says something more like:

"Circle"-type abilities are often considered difficult to exploit because their impact is not very visible for the duration of effect. We have decided to improve their capacity to make them more useful and make their effects easier to feel.

Again, the English guy said they were useless because of their "delay", French says they're useless because of their strength. Totally different implications.
    Personally hoping it Shortens Delay and increases Strength of the Effects, or maybe it'll be like that promyvion potion.. the Psychoanima? whatever, the one that Intimidates 100% for 30 Seconds, Wouldn't that be nice? Fighting an Arcana Mob, and For 30~45 Seconds with Arcane Circle you have 100% Proc rate on Intimidation... O .o

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shinta View Post
    I think the only ones left are:

Resist Silence
    Resist Slow
    Resist Paralyze
    Resist Poison
    Resist Petrify
    Resist Blind
    Resist Silence
    Resist Virus

Wide Scan
    Alertness
    Stealth

Evasion Bonus
    Kick Attacks
    Martial Arts
    Subtle Blow
    Dual Wield
    Double Attack
    Zanshin
    Triple Attack

Treasure Hunter
    Gilfinder
    Screwdriver + Hysteric Barrage is Evasion Bonus
    If anything it will probably will be Zanshin, Resist Trait, or Killer trait

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by A-Chaos View Post
    A Petrification spell for players would be nice, albeit it probably wouldn't last long, otherwise, it'd be useful! Good to see BLU is still getting some luv from SE. Poor SMN(not counting Elemental Awesome Siphon) and BLM..

Also this.

Oh god, I had forgotten about that meme, I had a good laugh when I went back and read the thread that those originally showed up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Isn't enhanced skill ups something ppl have been hoping for since forever?

I thought so at least. Now maybe people will not stand in mog entrances spamming for days. I look forward to this update, though I have skills low enough not to notice the impact of reduced skill ups caused by fov and level sync.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Screwdriver + Hysteric Barrage is Evasion Bonus
    If anything it will probably will be Zanshin, Resist Trait, or Killer trait
    What if it's Wide Scan or Dual Wield?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

fucking rage... this is such a god damn waste -.- FUCK YOU SE </3!! much much hate!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    What if it's Wide Scan or Dual Wield?
    That would be too awesome.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really doubt BLU would get access with spell combos to Dual Wield, Double Attack or Triple Attack. I would love it though..

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

They must have left out of the update notes accidentally:

Azure Lore will be reduced to 20 minutes and only affect a single spell.
    Blue Mage will have a new 2-hour Job Ability, "Transformation".

Transformation will alter the player's appearance to look like a Soulflayer and give the Blue Mage 3 charges of both Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity, as well as instant casting speed.

/delusions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast