Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

How to get rid of Mail Delivery icon flashing

If you are not the original owner of an account and do not know the POL mail password to access the mail delivered, the mail delivery notification does not go away and keeps flashing in game.

I have one account that I somehow was able to bypass the mail delivery check when a window popped up in POL which asked if it should quit checking mail. This account no longer has the mail delivery flashing.

I am hoping that someone here knows how to replicate what happened to me that one time, so I can get rid of the flashing on my other account.

Thank you for your assistance.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

this bothers me too actually, I started receiving numerous spam emails (cooincidentally after receiving a strange newsletter from Sega of America telling me something about my forum login being deactivated) of up to 10 a day, i tried messing with the account so i wouldnt have one, but it seems that its not an actual option. There's Mail Filter... but it seems thats something I have to pay for. tough luck.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I am the original owner of my account and still can't figure out how to reset the mail password to clear mine out, lol. I tried asking an S-E CSR online but it was on a day that was heavy with people spamming retarded Security Token questions and spent 3 hours on chat hold with no response.

Bye-Bye, Taisai
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was able to get the mail password reset on my Alt by talking to POL CS. I don't have the reg codes for the account but they let that fact slide.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I wonder if this is going to take an ugly turn similar to the "I have 5 ffxi accounts linked to my POL" topic.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

I was able to do this, but to be honest I couldn't really tell you how. I think it involved setting up a new address for the email instead of trying to get the password changed I just put in another email address.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by revelat10n View Post
    I was able to get the mail password reset on my Alt by talking to POL CS. I don't have the reg codes for the account but they let that fact slide.
    This.

Just wait it out and use the online chat function while you play or something. Just need your information and they'll reset the PW for you. You should have all the info needed. As long as you have CC first name and shit, shouldn't need the codes.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

change the password on your POL login, even to the same thing, removes the mail thing and just set the mail to not auto send/receive
    every time you get a new one itll refresh, so just dont do anything

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    change the password on your POL login, even to the same thing, removes the mail thing and just set the mail to not auto send/receive
    Thank you very much Sono. I will try this when I get home.

Sic itur ad astra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    this bothers me too actually, I started receiving numerous spam emails (cooincidentally after receiving a strange newsletter from Sega of America telling me something about my forum login being deactivated) of up to 10 a day, i tried messing with the account so i wouldnt have one, but it seems that its not an actual option. There's Mail Filter... but it seems thats something I have to pay for. tough luck.
    You have to get a content ID for the mail filter, however, they do not charge you for it.

I never use my pol account email, so I set the White list filter to only accept mail from pol.com. This will allow notices from SE to be received, but no spam from other sources.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

right click in pol and in display you can turn off mail indicator.

Without the flashing light, how would you know the fuse is still working?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

i have the exact same issue, and i went into the options and made it "keep mail on server: " and changed it to "delete immediately" that worked, though, id like to know how to reset the password

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vann Zirk
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This works.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Zirk View Post
    This works.
    Yes, it does! I just got home and did this. No more annoying mail notification. Thanks again Sono!

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gerkin View Post
    i have the exact same issue, and i went into the options and made it "keep mail on server: " and changed it to "delete immediately" that worked, though, id like to know how to reset the password
    I'm pretty sure you can change the actual address right? It's been a while, I think you can though and I think you can change the PW at that time.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So wait, how do you fix it exactly? I had a look around the options in POL but couldn't find it.

What password do I have to change? Just my POL member thing or my actual POL password?

That mail letter in game has been bugging me for years!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by LinkNZ View Post
    So wait, how do you fix it exactly? I had a look around the options in POL but couldn't find it.

What password do I have to change? Just my POL member thing or my actual POL password?

That mail letter in game has been bugging me for years!
    Just follow what Sono said:

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A small square of electrical tape. I do the same thing to the engine light in my car.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can change the actual address right? It's been a while, I think you can though and I think you can change the PW at that time.
    Yeah, you can change your POL email address. I think it may be a one time only deal but you can change it. I remember because I made the mistake of using my POL email address on my linkshell forum and experienced the spam issue that others have mentioned. I solved the problem by changing my POL email address. Now, the only time I get emails in POL is when SE send the auto-generated ones if you purchase/cancel a content ID, add-on scenario, etc.