Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    MaachaQ

Regarding the Next FINAL FANTASY XI Update

The next version update for FINAL FANTASY XI is currently scheduled for Jul. 20, 2009.
    * Maintenance details will be released at a later date.

After this version update, the contents for the add-on scenario that became available for advance purchase on Jul. 5, 2009, "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat - Evil in Small Doses" (listed below as "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat") will be playable.

Additionally, due to congestion on or around the date of the version update, it may take some time for the contents of "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" to show up in FINAL FANTASY XI after purchase. It is recommended that if you are considering a purchase of "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat," you do so before the version update.
    FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

10 day countdown is go.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Wow, few days sooner than I expected.

I hope I'm not working too much that week :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Interesting the EU site says the 21st and the US site says the 20th.....

My name is Not Sure
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

[captainobvious]Guess that means it will end later in the day NA time, pushing it into the next day EU.[/captainobvious]

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Like usual, the update maintenance ends around 1:00 am EU time, making me miss sleep for the entire night in order to do the new missions (cause if I don't do them at launch there will be no one to do them with after that)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The REAL question is, how many more update notices are we going to get...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm going to be in class at update time. I won't be able to make the early update notices this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    The REAL question is, how many more update notices are we going to get...
    Either one every other weekday or two a week til the update.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The real question is how many consecutive days after the update will they have emergency maintenance?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    The real question is how many consecutive days after the update will they have emergency maintenance?
    2 weeks, like the last update

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Maksudyst View Post
    [captainobvious]Guess that means it will end later in the day NA time, pushing it into the next day EU.[/captainobvious]
    You could have just told him to learn what the fuck a "Time Zone" is..'

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    2 weeks, like the last update
    God I hope so, I made some mad bank off of NQ behemoths those days >_>

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Additionally, due to congestion on or around the date of the version update, it may take some time for the contents of "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat" to show up in FINAL FANTASY XI after purchase. It is recommended that if you are considering a purchase of "A Moogle Kupo d'Etat," you do so before the version update/
    I'm at a loss to understand how exactly is purchasing a registration code in advance will help you play the content that will be available for download the same day as update, any faster?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    I'm at a loss to understand how exactly is purchasing a registration code in advance will help you play the content that will be available for download the same day as update, any faster?
    You get that warm fuzzy feeling inside the pants about being the first to pay $10 to camp against the rest of the server for really mundane and asinine quests.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    From what I understand it - because of congestion the servers or whatever would take more time to "mark" your account as a one with the add-on if you waited to buy it on the day of expansion. There would be a delay between when you buy it, and actually can use it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    From what I understand it - because of congestion the servers or whatever would take more time to "mark" your account as a one with the add-on if you waited to buy it on the day of expansion. There would be a delay between when you buy it, and actually can use it.
    Exactly. When you buy the add-on, your account is not always flagged immediately. If you buy the add-on now, your account will surely be flagged long before patch day.

Buy it on July 20th and then immediately log on, and you may find that your account doesn't get flagged for the add-on for a short time (perhaps 20 minutes?).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno, it seems like a marketting ploy simply to guarantee their sales

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's like the tokens. Adding one doesn't immediately grant satchel access, there's a delay. When you have thousands of people all trying to register theirs at once, the delay increases due to the server trying to process them all. Buying before the patch just makes sure you have already had the server process the data before the patch is released, so it's already active on your account when the patch goes live.