Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

yeah i guess orbs work, thanks.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was wondering who's the "easiest" to start out with for someone who's new to the game?

I reckon Cloud is probably the easiest to start off with. His story mode is super easy and he isn't a complex character to learn. He's also good vs AI (Climhazard 2 hits > Braver always hits AI).

Don't be like me and choose Warrior of Light and his 5 star story mode, retrying 20 times to beat a rare battle piece.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Warrior of Light is actually pretty good to start off with in my opinion, he's actually not a bad character in general, since any moves that use his shield will automatically close the gap between him and his opponent, provided they are above/beneath/ahead of him (depending on the move) and all of his moves that allow him to zoom towards his opponents can all be linked to a branching HP move (Bitter End/Rune Saber). His Shield of Light is pretty strong too, has blocking properties against most braves moves (except charged Jecht ones, Firion's Reel Axe or Bartz' Reel Impulse, etc). Blue Fang is also pretty good for a ranged attack, Red and White Fang suck though.

However, Cloud can also be really good, especially since his EX Mode allows none of his attacks to be blocked, so he can crush all defenses, including guards granted from HP attacks.

Oh, and just a heads up, don't bother fighting Rare battle pieces on your first runthrough of a story, its extremely difficult to defeat them and not worth trying

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cloud's first story side was indeed easier but the sephiroth fight and Cecil's fight with golbez was rough. I guess it gets much harder near the end of the game?

I've watched videos of the chaos fights and it looks crazy, and they had to add shitty music too.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

personally i use WoL, i say it gets hard when you get to shade impulse, the rest is cake before it, i say just practice a lot until you get the hang of blocking/dodging, also how opponents attacks work, which should be avoided, which blocked, which you should go for a combo before they load their attack. i've beaten blackjack chaos once, but had to set up really good for it lol.

Confirmed Lightning's appearance in the International version of Dissidia.

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3609/stp62556.jpg
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/509/stp62544.jpg

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'd hit it. Wait, what?

Is her name seriously Lightning? Lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Knowing SE her name is Lightning Blitzkrieg

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I'd hit it. Wait, what?

Is her name seriously Lightning? Lol
    Well not her "real name" but the name she goes by in XIII.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh, so it's like an Alias? I see, haven't really been keeping up with new ff info (or really cared tbh)

Scratch that, those pics turned out to be fake. Oh well, that's good news since I won't have to start this game for the third time.

The guy who did those spent 50 days making them look real, at least it took 5 hours instead of 5 minutes till people realized they were fake.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Decided to pick up my copy of Dissidia back up, I've been messing around with Shanttoto a bit.

Anyone know exactly how to Battlegen Quickstrike Orbs from her? I've fougth her like 50x in Quick Battle and all I can ever get are Shards/Crystals. It's starting to piss me off. =(

Higher level opponent = better chance at orbs from what I remember.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

for shantotto and gabranth you gotta ex on them to get orbs, what i do= use battlegen acc. x1.5 multipliers, they gotta be lv100, minimum strength, exp>ex, chaos(shadow) stage, break enemy at start and use HP att, you should instantly have a full ex bar and enemy won't be dead, use ex-att

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pic is not legit apparently.