+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Anyone play the demo? It's pretty good. Is this gonna have Multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by OzzofAsura View Post
    Anyone play the demo? It's pretty good. Is this gonna have Multiplayer?
    I think it has Ad Hoc and global through the PS3.

Some of the BGers were battlan back when the JP version came out last year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    I think it has Ad Hoc and global through the PS3.

Some of the BGers were battlan back when the JP version came out last year I think.
    Ahh I guess that explains the lack of conversation.

It's actually a lot better than I expected. It's different in a good way. I think Cecil is my favorite out of the characters in the demo, and Kefka is a cheap piece of shit. He acts like Joker from Dark Knight, which is not how I would have pictured someone supposedly so powerful and evil. Sephiroth > Kefka in the evil department after seeing this. *boing* *hahaha*

Ahh I guess that explains the lack of conversation.

It's actually a lot better than I expected. It's different in a good way. I think Cecil is my favorite out of the characters in the demo, and Kefka is a cheap piece of shit. He acts like Joker from Dark Knight, which is not how I would have pictured someone supposedly so powerful and evil. Sephiroth > Kefka in the evil department after seeing this. *boing* *hahaha*
    What you're fogetting is that Kefka is batshit insane in an "I'm going to destroy everything" sort of way.

And yeah, his attacks take a while to get used to.

What you're fogetting is that Kefka is batshit insane in an "I'm going to destroy everything" sort of way.

And yeah, his attacks take a while to get used to.
    lol yeah, I know. It's like the crazy guy who talks to himself, that you pass everyday on the way to work. Except, he can destroy the world.

Does this game get any more tactical? I felt like there was a lot of spamming at opportune times. That's cool and I still enjoy it, but does the combat feel deep at all?

lol yeah, I know. It's like the crazy guy who talks to himself, that you pass everyday on the way to work. Except, he can destroy the world.

Does this game get any more tactical? I felt like there was a lot of spamming at opportune times. That's cool and I still enjoy it, but does the combat feel deep at all?
    Against the AI? It varies. Sometimes you get AI that's stupid as wood and at other times it'll block/counter everything.

On harder difficulties you really need to pick your timing for attacks.

Probably feels like spamming because of the limited move lists but you do get extended combos and Brave > HP combo attacks later as you go mastering attacks through AP.

I never got into "mastering" the game and seeking out equips. Maybe if one of the guys who played the JP version checks this they can give you a better idea of what combat is like later on.

Maybe if one of the guys who played the JP version checks this they can give you a better idea of what combat is like later on.
    I think you answered my question, thanks. I'll probably pick this up when it comes out in NA.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

There are some stupid moves you can spam against the AI that completely breaks them (sup Terra's Meteor), but for the most part the high level AI (in Vs mode you can set it between levels 1-10) will guard and evade a hell of a lot, so it can get pretty hard. Also depends on who you're using and who they're using obviously. The AI for ExDeath is absolutely retarded, it's almost impossible to lose to him most of the time because he just spams the slowest teleport move ever made.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The AI can be pretty tough at the highest difficulty, but there are some moves I've found that really do seem to destroy the AI:

Bartz/Terra's Flood: Its possible to get the AI stuck in a dodge loop that ends up in them getting hit by the second burst every time, only seems to work in areas with a ceiling for them to be caught by, like Pandamonium and Magitek Research Facility.

Shantotto's Aero: With a bit of practice on the timing and a tiny bit of luck you can destroy any CPU with this move.

Firion's Axe: The CPU often tries to block this move even though it has Guard Break during the initial throw (not on the way back). Then you can just dodge back while the enemy is still stunned, use the Lightning Knife and chain that into Double Defeat B.

Gabranth's Judgment Master: The CPU only tries to block this move like 4% of the time even on the highest difficulty, then you can just get in an HP attack via Chase Mode.

Golbez's Genises Rock: The move is pretty hard for even humans to fight against, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

just remember, when taking in consideration of moves from the jp dissidia, that they have made changes to the game, and I wouldnt be surprised if a few things were changed.
    I'm kinda hoping they change the difficulty of the lv100 Chaos. Such a pain in the ass, and I can only beat him on a few characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    just remember, when taking in consideration of moves from the jp dissidia, that they have made changes to the game, and I wouldnt be surprised if a few things were changed.
    I'm kinda hoping they change the difficulty of the lv100 Chaos. Such a pain in the ass, and I can only beat him on a few characters.
    I have trouble with Chaos on any difficulty. His fucking arena is barely bigger than his fucking spinning AoE and every time the bastard gets me he just juggles until he can one-shot me.

Fuck fighting him 3 times too. The shit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Chaos is a total joke on some characters. I can absolutely wreck him on Firion, sometimes without even getting hit. Then I fight him with someone else and he just absolutely destroys me. The right setup can really make him easy though, I tried fighting him with Gabranth (cheated him up to 100, so I wasn't really familiar with the character, but regardless) and he kicked my ass. I upped Gabranth's accessory slots and gave him a bunch of shit that lets him get more EX/stay in EX longer and it turned the fight into an absolute joke, I would literally EX extremely quickly and then never come back out of EX mode until the fight was over.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Downloaded the demo yesterday then realized I let a friend borrow my PSP after looking around for it for an hour.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--- etc

I got the demo from the US PSN store yesterday. I've found it really fun so far but I'm a bit confused.

When I was playing as Terra on normal mode, she would use Flood when I was on the floor, and when I jumped and attacked she would use Tornado. I played the game on hard mode and even when I was on the floor all she would do is Tornado. =/

It was similar with onion knight, he would use some physical attack when I was on the floor, and then use comet when I jumped. I played on hard mode and he kept doing some spinning blade attack in the air rather than comet that he was doing on normal mode.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems weird the movesets would change with the difficulty. =/

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleAura View Post
    I got the demo from the US PSN store yesterday. I've found it really fun so far but I'm a bit confused.

When I was playing as Terra on normal mode, she would use Flood when I was on the floor, and when I jumped and attacked she would use Tornado. I played the game on hard mode and even when I was on the floor all she would do is Tornado. =/

It was similar with onion knight, he would use some physical attack when I was on the floor, and then use comet when I jumped. I played on hard mode and he kept doing some spinning blade attack in the air rather than comet that he was doing on normal mode.

Am I doing something wrong? It seems weird the movesets would change with the difficulty. =/
    well, in the jp game, there was a forward O, Forward Square, Back O, Back Square, Square, and O attack. each attack is an empty slot, and you can put whatever attack you want to in those slots, so there is no definite command list.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah, you can customize your attacks, even putting the same attack into all 3 slots (a good way to master an ability actually). Some attacks are ground only, air only or both too.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleAura View Post

i've played the japanese version and the demo..
    altho the demo does come with a whole range of playable and non playable characters, you aren't really able to access any of the gameplay that isn't the battle itself..

in the actual game, you're able to assign which attack you want according to how you input O and square... so if u prefered, Tornado could be -> square on land, and you might not want to put in Tornado in the air..

the demo presets everything.. and the presets are changed within both normal and hard mode, yea..
    their whole move list is also not present, in the first place because you'd never be able to fit all their movies into the 12 customizable buttons commands.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    their whole move list is also not present, in the first place because you'd never be able to fit all their movies into the 12 customizable buttons commands.
    For Shantotto you can, Stun and 3 strike staff don't actually count as moves, you see

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only problem I have with Chaos is when he goes giant, it's completely random and nothing you can really do to avoid buttslamming. 2nd thing is that fire pillar thing, that surrounds you and then hits you with it. That move is so annoying and getting hit by that means you're probably gonna lose cause then he spams his harder shit.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

How do you avoid that god damn pillar thing aside from hitting him before he hits you? I fucking hate that shit.