+ Reply to Thread
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Need help finding video card driver

Idc if its an upgrade or a downgrade, but my current driver is not playing nicely w/ windower (crashing once every 2-3hrs my POL)

Faulting application pol.exe, version 1.18.12.0, time stamp 0x49bfb399, faulting module atiumdag.dll, version 7.14.10.636, time stamp 0x49666ef4, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0004acd3, process id 0xb4c, application start time 0x01ca04ee372e8c15.
    Key words being faulting module ati

Going to AMD/ATI website, the only driver they have for ATI catalyst for my Mobility Radeon HD 4670 is for beta windows 7, which I don't want to swap to because of some of my stuff that isn't compatible w/ it.

The manufacture website for my computer (Msi ex625), only has the same driver that I am using now.

If anyone can help me find an upgrade or downgrade, anything but version 8.572.0.0 for ATI catalyst driver, it would be very helpful to me.

Keep in mind, that HD radeon 4670 drivers will NOT work. It has to be mobility HD radeon 4670, they are different.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You have 32-bit Vista, correct?

Try this: DNA ATi 8.6 Vista download from Guru3D.com

Does it work?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'll try it after this pt here, but from the list of supported cards, only goes up to the mobility HD radeon x3000 series and lower

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The list doesn't contain everything it works with, only chipsets that have been updated or added. Go ahead and try it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

using those unsigned drivers on vista/7 sucked, i tested them the other night and had to go into the boot menu everytime and bootup using the option to disable driver enforcement.

I recently ran into some problems and had to downgrade my drivers. Found the old catalyst drivers at filehippo. Take a look there. Maybe you'll find what you need there.

Drivers Downloads - FileHippo.com

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

alright, will give it a shot, thanks

Edit: been like 4hrs since my last crash, changed my background res to match my reg res. Atm going to go w/ if it ain't broke don't fix it, but I'll bump the thread if it crashes again and then I'll try out those drivers. Just now if its working, dont want to do something and mess it up, lol.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

kk, went from 2hrs w/o crashing to 4-5 now, but its still crashing. I tried your link Kohan and a handful of drivers from the hippo link as well and nothing works except the driver that comes w/ the boot up disk I got for my PC -.-

Any other suggestions? Only got this laptop to play this and ff14 when that comes out -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    using those unsigned drivers on vista/7 sucked, i tested them the other night and had to go into the boot menu everytime and bootup using the option to disable driver enforcement.
    This is easily fixed by editing BCD (nointegritychecks) if you're on Vista x32 or Vista x64 (prior to SP1, does not work after SP1 for x64 ~ actually its a specific update before SP1 but I know for a fact doesn't work after SP1. Not sure which it actually is. However after installation setting the appropriate flags in BCD has no effect for some reason.... gogo Micro$haft) or by using something like ReadyDriver. I have to do that in order to use ATT, and previously when I used watercooling it was a requirement for the USB attached monitoring software I had.

I'd recommend using Vanilla drivers, download from AMD/ATI's website, and just go down from newest to oldest. Your video card is a bit newer so you probably won't be able to go too far down the list though with compatability listings. You might also wish to try updating your other drivers such as your motherboard.... just because the fault is being reported as the ATI module doesn't necessarily mean that what you're seeing is the fault, it could be a symptom of the actual issue. The errors involving the ATI *.dll files are hardly all inclusive to ATI.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Vanilla drivers? That a codname or something? I don't see anything like that for these cards on the driver support page.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

By "vanilla," they just meant plain (unmodified) drivers, but you said you couldn't find any drivers for that on ATI's website. If the hacked drivers aren't working for you, the website should provide something, but since it's not, I'd call ATI's support -- I have no other recommendations at this point.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I already called them, they sent me to
    omegadrivers.net
    driverheaven.net
    neither of which even support HD 4k series only 3k and lower. Their customer support rather reminds me of SE

Um, why don't the regular drivers work again? If its just because Windows says no, you're doin' it wrong. You gotta tell it how to use them. You can thank laptop manufacturers for being total douches on this and preventing ATI from releasing mainstream drivers. But you can still use them, just need a few changes.

Driver Modification Tools

Link to above and also a fix for drivers later than 9.2

Some stuff you might need

Another thread that might help explain

Off with the kid gloves, on with the snap-plastic, and start diving in.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Well yea, it's pretty much cause eveyrone's been tellin me the driver has been the prob, but but even if that wasn't the case, atm I haven't been able to upgrade or downgrade which just plain bothers me. I'll look over the links after dyna, but looking at the first one, my card isn't on the list of supported cards for mobility modder.

I know that, but this isn't a set in stone thing. Its a final release on a beta tool. You might require some more indepth looks at the fixes that are required but this is not something ATI or OD/DNA will be able to specifically help you with. Like DH says, you can pester your OEM to release more drivers, or you can just make them yourself. Most of the changes aren't complicated, but the process is a bit convoluted. Just because the tool doesn't specifically list your set doesn't mean it will not work on it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Try here for the official drivers Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

Yours would be under the "Motherboard/Integrated" section. Has drivers for all Windows versions, dunno why you could only find the windows 7 driver.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Hmm is that for mobility radeon hd 4670 (its diff than if you found it for radeon hd 4670).

Graphics Drivers & Software

Click vista 32 for OS, got o mobility radeon and nothing for HD series, but click windows 7 32 for OS, click on mobility radeon and HD 4600 series is available.

I'll give the one u linked a shot though.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Solefald View Post
    Try here for the official drivers Drivers & Tools | GAME.AMD.COM

Yours would be under the "Motherboard/Integrated" section. Has drivers for all Windows versions, dunno why you could only find the windows 7 driver.
    Just tried this one and not only didn't work, but afterwards, the installer for my orig one is failing and now I can't do anything atm

Saying something about failing to find the INF file

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

bump for the simple fact that I can' tplay ffxi atm because I can't get my orig driver back