BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    In a world of horrible analogies, that one is really bad.

Thinking about playing a video game is in no way the same thing as writing about a fantasy based on a video game. It's a whole new level of dork. That level of dork also includes cosplay. They snuggle with each other at night, whispering sweet notions of yaoi and tentacle rape.

It is a world separate even from those that play Magic: The Gathering and pen and paper D&D.

My God have mercy on your soul.
    Your right, that was pretty terrible.

So, If i were to write a story around my Character based of an in-game event, I might as well be Raping Young Japanese girls with Tentacles?

And you say my analogies are bad =|, thats generalizing a group of people based off a bias that if you do creative writing based of Inspiration from your daily life (i.E Games you play) that your some how a power nerd dreaming about Hentai.

How is that a fair comparison? Creative Writer = Hentai tentacle Rape fetish lover?

Not going to say you have a strange concept of creative writing which you seem to be labeling as "Power-nerd Hentai Dream fetish", But a Fan fic doesn't have to be a Gay Sex dream about Cid and Eald'narche.

You could rewrite how you think CoP should end, Or maybe a quest you always thought should be added. and you -can't- tell me you've not thought of a quest that could reunite Aldo with his Sister, These are all examples of Creative Writing...

You know what, I'm probably over thinking it, your right actually... There's no way we'd be able to successfully do a Creative Writing Contest in this forum... It just wouldn't go over well. You can tell the people who entered this one must have been really young, the writing is awful in some of them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It is a world separate even from those that play Magic: The Gathering and pen and paper D&D.
    Just FYI, competitive card games (generally) involve no role playing whatsoever. The quality games are extremely strategy oriented with a dash of luck/randomness mixed in for excitement. Although I have not specifically played Magic, I have played other CCGs.

I would rank playing in a Magic or other CCG tournament for money to be on the same level as playing in a Starcraft tournament for money. That is to say, some people will call you a dork, but they're mostly just jealous that you win games of skill for money.

Role-playing pen and paper D&D now...not in my lifetime. I can see how people got sucked into this before MMOs existed but I'm not sure what the attraction is today.

Edit: By extension, playing a CCG for fun would not really be different than playing Starcraft for fun. The goal is to have a good time with friends and earn bragging rights. No one is role-playing.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Just FYI, competitive card games (generally) involve no role playing whatsoever. The quality games are extremely strategy oriented with a dash of luck/randomness mixed in for excitement. Although I have not specifically played Magic, I have played other CCGs.

I would rank playing in a Magic or other CCG tournament for money to be on the same level as playing in a Starcraft tournament for money. That is to say, some people will call you a dork, but they're mostly just jealous that you win games of skill for money.

Role-playing pen and paper D&D now...not in my lifetime. I can see how people got sucked into this before MMOs existed but I'm not sure what the attraction is today.
    Honostly think i played D&D For about 5 minutes before i just didn't want to go on anymore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Edit: By extension, playing a CCG for fun would not really be different than playing Starcraft for fun. The goal is to have a good time with friends and earn bragging rights. No one is role-playing.
    dial-up

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

You guys are destroying a perfectly good joke here...

And I think you are also proving my point...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just go with it, its getting interesting.

its a joke, and a point!

Banned.

BG Level

The experience between RPGs and videogames couldn't be more different. Pretty unrelated.

(EDIT: Let alone MMOs...)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Since I cannot connect to their POS SQL server, can someone just list out who won, or just all the entry names? I think I know a few people who entered, and none of them would let me read their entries before hand.

Piece of shit website is actually lagging my PC down. Holy...

And fucking hell, the unnamed entry is still rofl, seriously as someone pointed out, I don't think the judges read the entries.

EDIT: I just noticed this, what in the fuck is "RANDOM WINNER" ??????????omg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry, it's just that you struck a nerve, as I was once an avid CCGer. The years have passed but I still hate to see these misconceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami
    dial-up
    No clue what this means.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Piece of shit website is actually lagging my PC down. Holy...

And fucking hell, the unnamed entry is still rofl, seriously as someone pointed out, I don't think the judges read the entries.
    Thank you kindly, sir. A cookie for you.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Well, it's not like they won anything, they're just one of the entries that was accepted. I still have no plans to read any of them.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What did the winners win? I can't navigate the site to find out (well I tried but I cannot find anything conclusive)

Infact I'm calling it now, the reason the 1st entry won was because it provided some form of illustrations, so the judges thought it should win.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

No. Just no. I am ok with my current level of dork. But there are places that even I won't go. Fan fic is too far gone, there is no return. It's a gateway drug to cosplay.
    Well who said you had to enter it? Though I love how you're saying your dorkish behavior is A-ok but OTHER people's dorkish behavior is terrible.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscart...s/mfln130l.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    You could rewrite how you think CoP should end, Or maybe a quest you always thought should be added. and you -can't- tell me you've not thought of a quest that could reunite Aldo with his Sister, These are all examples of Creative Writing...
    To be fair, I never gave a rat's ass about Aldo and his Sister, that was never interesting to me. But if I could re-write something, it would be those damn CS where you sit there with a thumb up your ass for no reason while bad guys monologue. If it was up to me, there'd be a lot less yapping and a lot more axe-to-the-face. But then again that would lead to a lot shorter mission lines...

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Aldo and Emeline was heart-wrenching like, the first time I saw the opening CS. ACP tugged a little hearstring but the whole... thing... I still am confused about ACP honestly. And this is coming from someone who at least thinks they know what happened in CoP.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    1.) Find the text log from CoP.
    2.) Rename all the characters.
    3.) ???
    4.) ...profit?
    I dare you to submit that to SE. Name your character AV while you're at it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    What the fuck is this shit? lol

Why does SE continue trying to forcefeed interest in Stratics.... have they ever gone there?
    I don't think I've ever heard of somebody having that site bookmarked before. It's like a Somepage that never was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Ahahahaha.

Tomorrow better be the fucking cure for cancer or dead game.
    They're going to announce all THF job abilities now use the shiny ball effects from the Nyzul Isle WS.

You read it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Off-topic, Rocl your Meteor resist builds are awesome
    lol, they are indeed truly rad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Aldo and Emeline was heart-wrenching like, the first time I saw the opening CS. ACP tugged a little hearstring but the whole... thing... I still am confused about ACP honestly. And this is coming from someone who at least thinks they know what happened in CoP.
    When they announced the mini-expansions I had to check the date because I thought it was some sort of Japanese April Fool's joke or something.

ACP sounded like it could be real. But Moogles Taking Over the World and a Shantotto Reign of Terror sound like a scenario writer at SE submitted some "ideas" to his superior for the lulz and it was taken seriously for god knows what reason.

How about the Funguar Lord (reuse a Treant model) has raised an army of evil Funguars (we'll go with the gold ones from WoTG) and is poised to invade San d'Oria for mini-expansion #4?

Only if plucky adventurers can bring the Papsque 10 Royal Jellys from Crawler's Nest will Sandy be saved! The final battle will be at Fort Gheselba versus the Funguar Lord and rapidly spawning Mijin Garkure'ing gold Funguars (BQ style).

It'll be fucking sweet!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sorry, it's just that you struck a nerve, as I was once an avid CCGer. The years have passed but I still hate to see these misconceptions.

No clue what this means.
    Misconceptions? God you guys really are taking this way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig
    Infact I'm calling it now, the reason the 1st entry won was because it provided some form of illustrations, so the judges thought it should win.
    I did that and I got disqualified without notice.

Spoiler: show

http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/01.jpg
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/02.jpg
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/03.jpg
    http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/04.jpg
    http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/05.jpg
    http://www.tsundereko.com/bederoom/0907_ffxikotd/06.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Misconceptions? God you guys really are taking this way too seriously.
    I'm just one person. I know it seems like I'm the huddled masses because I don't have a sig/avatar. I make 3 posts and it looks like they are from 3 different faceless people.

Card game in the same boat as LARPing = a misconception, yes.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

luciferu:
    fucking nice! I really enjoyed it. Very creative and cute!!!! *saves*

Also, this was what I had in mind when the contest came up. Some sort of fanfiction/comic/thing... not.... shitty MAKE UP YOUR QUESTS