Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

The day they put Ridills inside Treasure Caskets (which would require approx. 30 sec of the developers' time) I'll say the game is dying.

It feels to me the reason the game ISN'T dying is that SE can still deliver such small content updates without worrying too much.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    This just in: GreenKnux not buying FF14! SquareEnix executives impale themselves unceremoniously upon swords. Moar details at 11:00...
    At no point did I say anything of the sort. I'm simply stating that SE, no matter what they once were, has turned into a company I no longer believe in. They have shown an apathy towards fans, and incompetence towards everything else. Look how 'hard' they are battling RMT when all it would take to hit them hard would be to put limits on the free accounts. But no, their response instead is to ban every gardening mule in existence. That's making Enron look smart.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Grrr, SE I am not going to buy your sequel! But I will still pay you money for game that makes me feel this way!
    It's called time invested, and friends. But neither are present in FFXIV, and even if my friends to decide to play that game, I won't. Yeah, in the long run, my dollar won't matter in their eyes, but it sure as hell is a sign of the times when so many people have lost faith in them.

Banned.

BG Level

Stop trying to justify why you play in the same breath as complaining about playing. SE is still doing a good enough job to keep you under their heel. Clearly they have something more valuable than a player's faith.

EDIT: "It is not my fault I do things I don't like"

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Norgannon

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnux View Post
    It's funny, if they are truly working on FFXIV, then the joke is on them, because after FFXI, I refuse to buy another half-assed MMO from them, so the little money they could have gotten from me will be even further reduced.

SE, making Enron look smart.
    How quickly we forget, and fail at scrolling up. Good job dude.

Banned.

BG Level

Tell me, what exactly do you think you are doing when you pay a monthly fee?

EDIT:

The day they put Ridills inside Treasure Caskets (which would require approx. 30 sec of the developers' time) I'll say the game is dying.
    Either that or it would reach a "maturity" that other MMOs lack.

EDIT: Stop with this "...makes enron look smart" shit. SE is able to rip you off and stay out of jail. That's smart.

AmberlyUnicorn

This guy cracks me up. I love SE, I love them not, I love SE, I love them not.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Norgannon

Typical QQ bullshit, I'm just waiting for the shitty patch notes and then the chance to go run around and die to shit in the new areas. :D

Shitty old MMO that you QQ about more than anything: 13.95
    Shittier MMO that won't be out for 2+ years given the companies track record on releases: 14.95
    Making the most outta the shit you're given and shutting the fuck up: priceless

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

If we really want to rage about something legit, how about taking half a lunar cycle to download less than 100MB. By the time I get home, and start downloading, I always get screwed.

My only consolation is the patch notes, and data mine threads.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm a 100% Lurker here but to see ringthree say what he's saying really actually does make it hit home! (Enough to at least get me out from lurking)
    Unless there is a good old fashioned Patch day surprise in there then really this is probably the smallest in Non-paid for content addition's we've seen for a Version update.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I don't think it's too much to ask that they add an Avatar they promised a year and a half ago. And I am not even a summoner.
    Just too add, it's even longer than that, the "New Avatars" Statement came at the first NA fanfest before ToAU.

Anyway back to lurking for me!!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oooo. No one mentioned it yet.

<EU PRIME TIME BULLSHIT>

As a representitive in the UK region I have now mentioned it.

Thank you cum again.

Banned.

BG Level

I am curious to where we would fight the avatar to unlock it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A 200 mb avi takes less then 300 seconds. This 100mb update will probably over 9000 seconds. And no, I couldn't resist.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I'm a 100% Lurker here but to see ringthree say what he's saying really actually does make it hit home! (Enough to at least get me out from lurking)
    Unless there is a good old fashioned Patch day surprise in there then really this is probably the smallest in Non-paid for content addition's we've seen for a Version update.
    I honestly cannot support that line of thinking simply because of Northlands [S]. As long as SE isn't retarded, that should be a HUGE addition content wise. The moderately large update size also has me curious, it's possible that it's simply the new [S] stuff, but I wonder...

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Moogle expansion : existing zones, and most likely like ACP people without the expansion can do the content so everyone needs it.
    New augment system for 50+ : everyone
    New pixie thing for weapons : everyone
    northlands : only WoTG users

So yea, a large bulk of that is probably the new dats for the 50+ augment gear.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    I honestly cannot support that line of thinking simply because of Northlands [S]. As long as SE isn't retarded, that should be a HUGE addition content wise. The moderately large update size also has me curious, it's possible that it's simply the new [S] stuff, but I wonder...

I suspect that if anyone here had to bet some serious money on "hit" or "miss" on anything that's being added in a patch, most would bet on "miss"

Anyways, chances are northlands will be empty of real content for now and just used for missions and "exploration" (as if you couldn't explore it in a couple hours... after all, it's the same old zone with "new" monsters). I have this bad feeling that campaign may not be implemented in northlands yet, based on the teaser that announced them. It would ofcourse fit in SE's obvious plans to stretch all content to their limit. WotG taking years by interlacing quests and missions in updates, updates having five minute fixes announced as big changes, etc.

My hopes are literaly on the floor, but I'm still waiting for the notes to come out like a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Just too add, it's even longer than that, the "New Avatars" Statement came at the first NA fanfest before ToAU.
    They did add Alexander & Odin as avatars....just not for SMN use.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira View Post
    I suspect that if anyone here had to bet some serious money on "hit" or "miss" on anything that's being added in a patch, most would bet on "miss"

Anyways, chances are northlands will be empty of real content for now and just used for missions and "exploration" (as if you couldn't explore it in a couple hours... after all, it's the same old zone with "new" monsters). I have this bad feeling that campaign may not be implemented in northlands yet, based on the teaser that announced them. It would ofcourse fit in SE's obvious plans to stretch all content to their limit. WotG taking years by interlacing quests and missions in updates, updates having five minute fixes announced as big changes, etc.

My hopes are literaly on the floor, but I'm still waiting for the notes to come out like a little kid.
    Except that every zone in WOTG so far has had campaign the moment it was available.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm ready for the price hike, who's with me!?

http://i25.tinypic.com/2pyb1ar.jpg

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    I'm ready for the price hike, who's with me!?
    I have a buncha weskits and errant legs ready for augmenting, but if they skyrocket, I'll relist them.

gogointaugments! >_>

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Haubys have already went up 70k each from when I bought these earlier this week. Hoping for a tripling in price, but watch the augments fail somehow someway.