Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worgen and Goblins     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level

I can't get over so many people thinking the "War" part of warcraft exists anymore, let alone outside battlegrounds/wg.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    you're basically talking about the whole Steamwheel Cartel faction joining the Horde
    Says who?

From what I remember, Fel Orcs run most of the Outland Horde towns, and "High Elves" are the friendly Blood elves in the Alliance towns (again, I'm no WoW lore expert). I haven't raised any of my horde toons into the Outlands, but I don't remember seeing any Fel Orcs in Alliance-based towns. Shat has some fairly friendly members/refugees of all races, but they aren't tied into the Horde/Alliance factions like Dal's is, and I'm sure everyone sees angry members of the opposite faction every time they run through Dal. That whole town is a neutral zone thanks to the Kirin Tor so there's no fighting, but in a little town run by Horde based Goblins...
    Perhaps you folks have heard of those crazy Scryer and Aldor guys? No?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I don't care what faction Worgen would be, I don't care if the noob/terribad factor is even worse than the DK migration, I don't care if I hate every job they have, I'd roll a Worgen to 80(or w/e the cap would be) and love it. I *REALLY* want it to be true! Honest! I just can't help but be overly cautious about it though...
    Oh i'm with you. I would love to play a worgen rogue, and would QQ hard if it ended up being alliance only. The one good aspect of it would be that people might jump off the DK bandwagon and GET THE FUCK OFF my class. Trying to prove yourself as intelligent and a DK at the same time is tough because of all the retards.

Just remember the whole Pandaren thing with BC. This is just as likely to be a red herring as it is true. Besides, blizz has to know that they can't bring out something as lame as goblin at the same time as worgen. Talk about being overshadowed.

They could give the horde hobgoblins or moblins!!!

But i think that the lore of goblins being all about profit sort of disputes the fact that they would only join 1 faction. worgen also slightly dont fall under the correct catagory for alliance as well, they are too bestial and non human for the alliance and likely no worgen is a paladin, they would seem more inclined to go to the horde if they were likely to be added in that sense.

i wouldnt see murlocs as a playable race for the horde either, naga would be far more likely due to the ties they have to the blood elves.

honestly i think this is just current speculation based on some halloween masks that have been added in, there isnt really any proof that they will be the next races added in.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    I'm hugely skeptical. Without someone from blizz flat out saying yes it's true i wouldnt put much stock in it. MMO champ is guessing.

if it does, happen, and big if, i'm hoping it's as someone was speculating and the 2 races will be neutral; you can pick horde/ally on the 2 races.
    God I hope this happens. I can easily see this working as a Death Knight type starting area, where you go through a few pre-requisite quests and then choose which faction you wish to join. I don't see it interfering with the lore because its not as if all Goblins are choosing to side with a faction, just your character for <instert character motives explained in quests> reasons.

Also, with the introduction of Faction Changing Services, it proves that yes, blizzard does have the technological power to have Alliance/ Horde conversions of some type. I just hope we they will offer a temp service to change our race when the expansion is released... I would love to be a Goblin

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Most "Goblin" cities are goblin/gnome-ish. What they can do is just up the gnome population in those cities and have it act as that. I mean, the Mirage Raceway is largely alliance-race NPC's but only one of them is hostile to horde. Such a thing exists in a number of places in WoW, I wouldn't think that'd stop them from anything. As well, there can be a specific faction of goblins that join the horde. Similar to how the Darkspear Trolls are a faction of trolls friendly to horde with Raventusk also being friendly, Zandalarian being friendly to both factions and every other troll being hostile to every other being in existence.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

K. Wanna back up that argument or you gonna leave it at that? It would work just fine.

You really need me to explain why letting both factions pick a race wont work?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

they're just mask skins lol.... I don't understand how that could lead to them being the new races.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I can't get over so many people thinking the "War" part of warcraft exists anymore, let alone outside battlegrounds/wg.
    Of course it does. With the exception of some clearly labeled neutral towns (usually run by GOBLINS) you will get ganked walking into a Horde town, either by NPCs or other players. Every time they release a new video for an expansion or whatever, the "They hate each other" thing is enforced. I mean, the Horde wasn't exactly happy to see me when I was trying to get the Flame Warden title...and my Lock got ganked by Alliance on a daily (hourly?) basis when I was leveling in STV. They could do a lot more with it, but still.

Perhaps you folks have heard of those crazy Scryer and Aldor guys? No?
    Well, Scryer and Aldor guys both exist in exactly one expansion in the game, and by joining one, you'll be hated by the other. They also are completely seperate from the traditional Alliance/Horde factions. You'd see Goblin PCs everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Most "Goblin" cities are goblin/gnome-ish. What they can do is just up the gnome population in those cities and have it act as that. I mean, the Mirage Raceway is largely alliance-race NPC's but only one of them is hostile to horde. Such a thing exists in a number of places in WoW, I wouldn't think that'd stop them from anything. As well, there can be a specific faction of goblins that join the horde. Similar to how the Darkspear Trolls are a faction of trolls friendly to horde with Raventusk also being friendly, Zandalarian being friendly to both factions and every other troll being hostile to every other being in existence.
    Those points are why I think it's not totally impossible. I also don't know if there are different factions of Goblin, like there are various Troll tribes, which would make it even more feasible (especially if they could have noticeable graphic differences, like broken/Draenei).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    They could give the horde hobgoblins or moblins!!!

But i think that the lore of goblins being all about profit sort of disputes the fact that they would only join 1 faction. worgen also slightly dont fall under the correct catagory for alliance as well, they are too bestial and non human for the alliance and likely no worgen is a paladin, they would seem more inclined to go to the horde if they were likely to be added in that sense.

i wouldnt see murlocs as a playable race for the horde either, naga would be far more likely due to the ties they have to the blood elves.

honestly i think this is just current speculation based on some halloween masks that have been added in, there isnt really any proof that they will be the next races added in.
    Didn't read this. Good points.

The only viable reason I could think of for Worgen=Alliance was because even though every race can technically get turned into a Worgen, the vast Worgen majority are former Humans. They could do an introduction about "learning to control yourself, getting your willpower back" or w/e, even though they kinda did that with DK so that might be a bit samey...hopefully they'd be more creative. The Undead are mostly former Humans too, but they are run by Sylvanis, a former Blood Elf, and most of them have been dead for awhile...so they are distanced/hate humans who remind them of what they once were (to my understanding). Also, Naga are tied to Blood Elves, true, but what other race could possibly stand up to Worgen popularity?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

what other race could possibly stand up to Worgen popularity?
    Pandaren - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

plus with naga, you run into the whole how do you equip legs/feet on them.

Could add sporelings in, would be funny atleast.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

They should just make the Valkyrie playable. Has all the attack/casting etc movements already!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Doubt such a HUGE thing as new playable races would be leaked from Blizzard. Surprised this hasn't been mentioned. I'm sure there will be a huge announcement at Blizzcon, regarding the new MMO or the new wow expansion, and maybe at that they'll mention new playable races. But I don't think for one second this is true.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

http://www.neko-sentai.com/images5u/...909_140549.jpg

it still fits through the doorway... O_o

Ridill
    BG Level

Of course it does. With the exception of some clearly labeled neutral towns (usually run by GOBLINS) you will get ganked walking into a Horde town, either by NPCs or other players. Every time they release a new video for an expansion or whatever, the "They hate each other" thing is enforced. I mean, the Horde wasn't exactly happy to see me when I was trying to get the Flame Warden title...and my Lock got ganked by Alliance on a daily (hourly?) basis when I was leveling in STV. They could do a lot more with it, but still.
    It's more like gang turf fighting than anything.

Well, Scryer and Aldor guys both exist in exactly one expansion in the game,
    Because they don't carry factions from one expansion to next... although I'm honestly surprised there's not like a scryer/aldor expedition.

and by joining one, you'll be hated by the other.
    Golly gee that's just like... goblins. (and pirates)

They also are completely seperate from the traditional Alliance/Horde factions. You'd see Goblin PCs everywhere.

And this is exactly the point I was making. If the blood elves and draenei (and trolls, and gnomes, and dwarves, and orcs, and humans, and night elves/tauren, and...) can have independent factions from their main groupings inside horde and alliance, why on earth would goblins not be able to as well?

Oh, wait, there's already a bunch of Goblins that aren't associated with steamwheedle, too...

If anything, I'd see the greed of Goblins issue making them want to work for both sides being the only issue, and I think it's pretty silly to assume we couldn't have a race that could be either faction.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Pandaren - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft

plus with naga, you run into the whole how do you equip legs/feet on them.
    :D Replace all Goblins in all neutral towns with Pandas and you won't hear me complaining one bit.

And this is exactly the point I was making. If the blood elves and draenei (and trolls, and gnomes, and dwarves, and orcs, and humans, and night elves/tauren, and...) can have independent factions from their main groupings inside horde and alliance, why on earth would goblins not be able to as well?

Oh, wait, there's already a bunch of Goblins that aren't associated with steamwheedle, too...
    Well, the main thing I neglected to mention is all of those independent factions are minor. The only other major Goblin faction I can think of is Venture Co., and everyone hates/attacks them. Wouldn't it have to be a pretty big movement by the Goblin nation to officially join the Horde? Maybe not...?

If anything, I'd see the greed of Goblins issue making them want to work for both sides being the only issue, and I think it's pretty silly to assume we couldn't have a race that could be either faction.
    I agree about the profit thing, I can't think of a single reason for a profit-minded Gob to choose one side over the other when they both are paying customers. Blizzard *could* technically make a race that could be either side, but I'm not sure what they would do about PVP servers where you can't make opposite faction toons...two starting areas for the same race seems odd to me. They did that with the DK Hero class sort of, but that was just one class that could be any race, not the other way around...ugh, I just don't know how they would do it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Well, the main thing I neglected to mention is all of those independent factions are minor. The only other major Goblin faction I can think of is Venture Co., and everyone hates/attacks them. Wouldn't it have to be a pretty big movement by the Goblin nation to officially join the Horde? Maybe not...?
    I think you're giving bliz too much credit for giving a shit about the lore.

I think they've proven quite thoroughly that not only are they willing to cheese the shit out of it (we're totally space pirates), but in this specific way even (aldor/scryers/trolls).

I mean, of course it would have to be a pretty big movement, it's not like all the shit with blood elves and draenei isn't a pretty damn big deal.

I agree about the profit thing, I can't think of a single reason for a profit-minded Gob to choose one side over the other when they both are paying customers.
    I can think of just one: one side paying better.

Blizzard *could* technically make a race that could be either side, but I'm not sure what they would do about PVP servers where you can't make opposite faction toons...two starting areas for the same race seems odd to me. They did that with the DK Hero class sort of, but that was just one class that could be any race, not the other way around...ugh, I just don't know how they would do it.
    I can think of a million ways, like the DK thing, each side getting 1 new starter area that starts both races like a cross between silvermoon and org etc., lots of ways. I think that would be the least of their worries.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

For people saying "how can you be a goblin if there are neutral towns" etc.

There are a few goblins in the world that the alliance have arrested/captured/abused for things, one example is the howling fjord zepplin. Could cause some animosity towards allys. And there very well could be some "good/neutral" goblins, and some that strayed away to fight with a faction. It's like that for EVERY other race pretty much lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Odon View Post
    Did you even check MMO?

Because MMO is 100% accurate about speculation.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Because MMO is 100% accurate about speculation.
    Its not speculation unless they say it is.