Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Worgen and Goblins     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Because MMO is 100% accurate about speculation.

You're fucking retarded.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Its not speculation unless they say it is.
    It's speculation until it's verified by a source within Blizzard/backed by evidence stronger than halloween mask textures. How is it not otherwise?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

The strong backing that I can find is that female Worgens do not exist and never did. They however made a halloween mask that showcases both gender faces which lead me to believe that Worgen for sure is a definite race in the expack. Also, the fact that Worgen WOULD fit in lorewise with Alliance. See: Gilneas/Kul Tiras ports to Maelstrom e.t.c.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Worgen don't fit in with Alliance because they've done nothing but backstab and murder them over the years. Even when recruited to fight the scourge all they ever did was backstab and murder them. Arugal's efforts were a complete failure that ended up with hostile worgen all over eastern kingdoms and an evil crossbreed of cursed human/worgen hybrids.

Ridill
    BG Level

Hey there miss mean Worgen lady, I bet you'd be a little friendlier if you had a bit more Human in ya! *winkwink*

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I find more interesting than the races is the:

On a non related sidenote, I would also like to point out that the old Emerald Dream maps that have been in the game files for years have been slightly updated throughout the 3.2, and in the Build 10072 of the PTRs the Map.dbc file with some of the settings for each zone was updated to make it a 40 Players max zone.
    I love trolling. Kinda funny it's right along side the masks. Hint hint.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Did some more reading on Worgens. This is all from wowiki

"Cursed beings from another dimension, worgen only appear in Azeroth as the result of magical mishaps. True aberrations, they are accidentally drawn through temporary rift tunnels and deposited in this world with no apparent way of returning. Nothing is known about the worgen’s home realm, or even precisely how to spawn the rift tunnels through which they come."

"Worgen are usually encountered in small packs near sites of recent intense magical activity. A pack may contain four to twelve individuals.MG 146 A worgen tribe may contain between twenty and two hundred individuals. Fiercely territorial creatures, they rarely stray from the general vicinity of the place in which they first appeared. Fearless beasts, they brazenly prowl near both villages and monster lairs. Although worgen display an apparent fondness for nighttime and its darkness, they can perform equally well in the daytime."

"Pure killing beasts, worgen tend to attack any creatures that they encounter, regardless of whether animal, humanoid, Scourge or something even more fearsome. Strangely, however, worgen refuse to feed on the remains of their victims, preferring to shred and tear the corpses and then to return immediately to prowling. Rumors suggest that worgen somehow receive sustenance continually from their native dimension... as well as guidance from a distant force."

"In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas has discovered Arugal's activities and has brought him back from the dead to work for him. This also means that there are a lot of Worgen allied with the Scourge in Northrend and in particular, the Grizzly Hills."

I'm VERY curious to see how they'd work them into becoming a new race. There's quite a bit they can add to how they get here, but they seem so...unfriendly. To everything.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

3rd faction inc

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I'm not expecting a new race till emerald dream expansion.

Next one is presumed to be (because of someone catching a maelstrom server) well.. maelstrom

/presumed list
    Someone's been posting lists darn near identical to that on the WoW forums for months if not longer. Forget presumed, it's out-and-out vaporware at this point.

Yes, there's a new expansion coming. No, there's no zone/level range listing right now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    It's speculation until it's verified by a source within Blizzard/backed by evidence stronger than halloween mask textures. How is it not otherwise?
    Because credibility is what makes you popular in internet news. I'm sure Bibi, the editor of mmoc, has ways to completely verify this news as true but doing so would risk the job of his source. He hasn't been wrong on something as big as this ever.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yeah it's very rare for him to post anything straight out wrong or major speculation. 99% of the time, if it's on that main page, you can bet on it.

3rd faction inc.

Come on, someone has to react to that.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Heard an interesting point made today, the fact that they didn't let people keep that Worgen pet may be an indicator that it'll be a playable race. They wouldn't want people having pets of a playable race, after all.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Heard an interesting point made today, the fact that they didn't let people keep that Worgen pet may be an indicator that it'll be a playable race. They wouldn't want people having pets of a playable race, after all.
    It was considered a humanoid pet...which is stupid... I doubt it has anything to due with the race.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

...and now vyrkul and ogre masks. Boubille on mmo champ is jumping at conclusions lol. I don't buy the whole "but these new masks look hastily made!" bullshit either. They have the same level of detail as the first 4.

I'm sure we'll know more by the time Blizzcon rolls around. Expecting a SC2 date, Diablo3 details, and announcement of WoW expansion #3.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    I'm sure we'll know more by the time Blizzcon rolls around. Expecting a SC2 date, Diablo3 details, and announcement of WoW expansion #3.
    Possibly sooner, they may reveal something at comiccon as well.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    ...and now vyrkul and ogre masks. Boubille on mmo champ is jumping at conclusions lol. I don't buy the whole "but these new masks look hastily made!" bullshit either. They have the same level of detail as the first 4.
    Seeing how he said this:

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.
    I'm gonna have to go with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzimal View Post
    Because credibility is what makes you popular in internet news. I'm sure Bibi, the editor of mmoc, has ways to completely verify this news as true but doing so would risk the job of his source. He hasn't been wrong on something as big as this ever.

He definitely knows, he definitely can't say how he knows.

A lot of people go to MMO champ to see the new shit. A lot of people go to MMO champ because rumors happen all the time-- and if they're on MMO champ, they're true, period.

He's not going to risk that over something this major without knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    A lot of people go to MMO champ to see the new shit. A lot of people go to MMO champ because rumors happen all the time-- and if they're on MMO champ, they're true, period.

He's not going to risk that over something this major without knowing.

Right, because an internet site is always 100% legit and never wrong. He wouldn't be blowing something out of proportion just to get traffic, when later on he could just say Blizzard decided against "this and that" and changed their minds.

Ridill
    BG Level

You don't seem to understand how the different websites operate.

I promise you, he didn't see new masks, go "zomg that might mean new races! /post on front page of the most reliable mmorpg news site there is how he's absolutely certain it's going to happen."

Some places generate traffic by starting wild rumors. See: half the news agencies in the world.

Some places generate traffic by being *the* place you go to find out if shit is true. See: factcheck.org.

I'll put it this way:

If he's wrong about this one single thing, that one incident placing the thought of "well mmo-champ is wrong sometimes," about shit this huge, he will lose a lot more traffic in the long run.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Cataclysm races leaked

In during I told you so. mmoc is far more credible than people give him credit for.