• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

FFXI on NVIDIA GeForce 8100/nForce 720a

Hullo, I recently upgraded my pc, but looks like I got some unusual lag problem when I run FFXI.

I installed any kind of driver, but I keep getting problems playing.

2GB RAM, AMD Phenom 8650 3Core, WinXP, NVIDIA GeForce 8100/nForce 720a like I said. Any idea?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Is that integrated graphics? if so, that could be it.

best be that you actually describe the problem you're having considering it's unusual.

8100 can barely run mine sweeper on expert though....

Spoiler: show
    jk, it should be able to run FFXI....on lowest settings

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

FFXI runs fine @512x512, but when I switch to 1024x1024 I keep getting a lot of lag and some video problems: since w/ my old pc @1GB ram I played fine w/ that resolution (1024), I can't understand why it isn't working with 2GB ;x

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix
    Is that integrated graphics? if so, that could be it.
    Nope ._.

in all practical usages of the word integrated; integrated meaning "a part of", it's a part of the nvidia nforce 720a chipset albeit slightly more dedicated then some of the equivalent intel graphics.

It's likely that your old computer had entirely dedicated graphics and even if it was old, it would still be better then the 8100 (barely capable of doing 3D at all).

The lag your getting at 1024 sounds normal for that chipset, I'd recommend popping in a 9400GT or higher into your computer and trying it out on FFXI.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius View Post
    in all practical usages of the word integrated; integrated meaning "a part of", it's a part of the nvidia nforce 720a chipset albeit slightly more dedicated then some of the equivalent intel graphics.

It's likely that your old computer had entirely dedicated graphics and even if it was old, it would still be better then the 8100 (barely capable of doing 3D at all).

The lag your getting at 1024 sounds normal for that chipset, I'd recommend popping in a 9400GT or higher into your computer and trying it out on FFXI.
    wups, I misunderstood.
    K, thanks for the explanation!