BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchful Pixie - fight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Kiting" tigers doesn't work so well even with movement speed plus.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

SCH/RDM AoE gravity them and kite that way if possible?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    SCH/RDM AoE gravity them and kite that way if possible?
    There is no reason to kite at all. BLM Can handle them all just fine if they stay together. (or RDM/BLM) Buff. Sleepga. Run. buff. Sleepga repeat. And we are not sure. But the tigers don't re-pop right after you kill. The 1st one didn't re-pop till about 5min after start. But it might just be he keeps spawning more no matter you kill or not. Need more test.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Atleast with the annm I had no trouble keeping the tigers slept as rdm/blm, although i can't be as effective a member in the fight cause i spent much time rebuffing but as long as there is another healer in there i think it'd be easy to deal with the adds. I may be trying this sometime tomorrow so i'll see if it works.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just won the beacedine fight, helpers got random stones like diamond, goshenite etc. SCH got offered a staff with augment m.acc+10, ele skill +5 and fast cast +1. RDM was some enf skill +3 enhancement damage +3. Both declined D:

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fight was epic, lost first try.

4 Gargoyle that hit like trucks spawn and go around raping people.

immune to sleep/bind/grav

After awhile they go in "stone" mode and can't move or be damaged and come out of it after awhile ready to rape people. And fights goes on like that till all 4 dead.

PT was PLD WAR SAM SCH RDM BLU

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2nd go got cactus stems, clear topaz, ice cluster for helpers lol..

M.acc+7 sword spell damage +2 for RDM sword
    m.acc+6 ele+5 enhancing +4 for sch

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

enhancing on a staff's rather unique. The RDM sword has some potential I think...as do the DNC/PUP/COR/BLU items based on those types of augs. We'll see I suppose

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

In this fight Astika used Blood weapon multiple times.

I didn't parse but they seemed to have quite low HP so you can take one down with 2 hours pretty easily. Just take care it doesn't go to stone mode too soon.

Shadow burst is their most dangerous attack. AoE 800ish damage + curse.

As helper I got herb seeds...

Quote Originally Posted by Tortalius View Post
    enhancing on a staff's rather unique. The RDM sword has some potential I think...as do the DNC/PUP/COR/BLU items based on those types of augs. We'll see I suppose
    enhancing is unique on that slot indeed, on most slots in fact. as for the rdm sword, enspells get faceplanted by joy unless you can cook up some bizzare build that can make enspell2's strong enough you can discount the 2nd hit and extra TP from joy or the target just can't be fed tp that fast. also, any macc or other spell casting stats other than fast cast would be mostly worthless as HQ staves cover macc and mythic+1 and muse shield cover potency. hydra staff too if you want a middle ground and have money, but that's off topic.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Desperately hoping that the trend of job-related augments continues

PUP sainti with pet:M.ACC/M.AB or pet:skill, please dear SE gods.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    Just won the beacedine fight, helpers got random stones like diamond, goshenite etc. SCH got offered a staff with augment m.acc+10, ele skill +5 and fast cast +1. RDM was some enf skill +3 enhancement damage +3. Both declined D:
    I understand that those are not better than staffs, but they are still big chunks of Augments. Imagine what other weapons are going to get.

BLU on alla seems to have gotten one aswell, not very impressed with this so far
    (cant post links ; ; )
    dmg+4 acc+3 Additional effect: Water dmg+14

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nariont View Post
    BLU on alla seems to have gotten one aswell, not very impressed with this so far
    (cant post links ; ; )
    dmg+4 acc+3 Additional effect: Water dmg+14
    Ok that gives me hope, +4-5 dmg puts it up there with Perdu/Koggle/Shotel mainhand DMG. Getting addition has promise aswell. +skill or +stats please!

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    I understand that those are not better than staffs, but they are still big chunks of Augments. Imagine what other weapons are going to get.
    but what jobs have weapons so weak that a shoddy weapon like the ones they offer would be viable? mages are already set for life, sams have their haguns, etc. i could see some side grades, like fast cast for a rdm weapon or +bar spells maybe for whm, but what realistic augments could you posit that wouldn't be only a marginal upgrade? or is that the best we're hoping for out of this?

edit: quick question, btw, are weapon ranks affected by the dual damage ratings on the weapons? i'm not real bright with those sorts of things, but i seem to remember it causing senj to be a little underpowered b/c it fell into a lower weapon rank. am i just stupid and should shut up and go back to my corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ok that gives me hope, +4-5 dmg puts it up there with Perdu/Koggle/Shotel mainhand DMG. Getting addition has promise aswell. +skill or +stats please!
    latter 2 is what im hoping for aswell, weve got 3-4 swords that are close to each other in sword DoT, rather have a skill/stat sword rather than another DD one

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Nariont View Post
    latter 2 is what im hoping for aswell, weve got 3-4 swords that are close to each other in sword DoT, rather have a skill/stat sword rather than another DD one
    Well tbh there isn't many places I would use a weak dot sword just for stats/skill, really only on /thf which I don't do much anymore.

New Merits
    BG Level

So we have to choose not to take and augment and retry, or can we take the augment and reaugment it?

The fast cast staff for SCH is hawt if you macro it in for the beginning of the spell like all other fast cast gear (and I'm sure some of the augments are more than +1, but either way still good since there's no fast cast on any other weapon)