Thread: Watchful Pixie - fight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This could be promising...

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I'm hoping for some skill+, bp-, or omg even -perp cost on the smn staff that i'll try after the maintenence today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    2nd go got cactus stems, clear topaz, ice cluster for helpers lol..

M.acc+7 sword spell damage +2 for RDM sword
    m.acc+6 ele+5 enhancing +4 for sch
    Can you elaborate how the helpers are being rewareded? Are these treasure pool/chest items or do the helpers also go back and talk to Callisto?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    Can you elaborate how the helpers are being rewareded? Are these treasure pool/chest items or do the helpers also go back and talk to Callisto?
    You just have to talk to the pixie after the fight, for the weapon and as helper.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    This could be promising...
    So many times we've said this about things and it always ends up failing.
    However, this time it DOES look promising.

If you can get macc+10... maybe acc+10 is an option??

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrift View Post
    Pet: Macc Matt is what im hoping for.

or something more creative than that?
    Clearly Pet: Magic Crit +%

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Gonna need to hunt a crafter after maint and get to work on this for pup/dnc no questions. I'm really hoping for something unique.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you don't want the weapon you decline and just fight again when the fairy repop.

And when you win another fairy pops, Jublilant Pixie, and each person talk to it to get their specific reward (weapon if you traded one in grau, random item if helper.)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also forgot to mention before the fight the pixie said they were at top of the strength, so max stars.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Sehrahin View Post
    Also forgot to mention before the fight the pixie said they were at top of the strength, so max stars.
    as in this is the highest area for the pixie mixings? so basically you can't get any better stats from other pixie's...crap

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    but what jobs have weapons so weak that a shoddy weapon like the ones they offer would be viable? mages are already set for life, sams have their haguns, etc. i could see some side grades, like fast cast for a rdm weapon or +bar spells maybe for whm, but what realistic augments could you posit that wouldn't be only a marginal upgrade? or is that the best we're hoping for out of this?
    WAR, DRK, DRG, RNG, MNK, PUP, BLU, NIN just off the top of my head have weapons that stand out but usually just marginally. There is definitely room for all of those jobs to get a boost in weapons, especially ones that could Augment job abilities. Would you give up a DMG or two for a weapon that Augments Berserk? What about Jump? Focus? Dual Wield?

I don't want to get too optimistic here, but it does look like that weapons could get bonuses of this quality. Just from the preliminary testing done so far it appears that these aren't your daddy's Augments. These actually have an effect that could equal Latent Effect weapons.

I don't see anything beating Hagun though, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    edit: quick question, btw, are weapon ranks affected by the dual damage ratings on the weapons? i'm not real bright with those sorts of things, but i seem to remember it causing senj to be a little underpowered b/c it fell into a lower weapon rank. am i just stupid and should shut up and go back to my corner?
    I doubt anyone knows yet but it is something that definitely needs to be tested.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I wonder...will all melee jobs get a DMG + stat and then two job specific boosts? Then all mage jobs will get three magic related bonuses?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anyone found the recipes yet? Someone posted a few earlier, but deleted them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortalius View Post
    Anyone found the recipes yet? Someone posted a few earlier, but deleted them.
    They're on ffxiah.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    WAR, DRK, DRG, RNG, MNK, PUP, BLU, NIN just off the top of my head have weapons that stand out but usually just marginally. There is definitely room for all of those jobs to get a boost in weapons, especially ones that could Augment job abilities. Would you give up a DMG or two for a weapon that Augments Berserk? What about Jump? Focus? Dual Wield?

I don't want to get too optimistic here, but it does look like that weapons could get bonuses of this quality. Just from the preliminary testing done so far it appears that these aren't your daddy's Augments. These actually have an effect that could equal Latent Effect weapons.

I don't see anything beating Hagun though, of course.

I doubt anyone knows yet but it is something that definitely needs to be tested.
    you make a good point, especially for the new jobs with the lack of tools they're given out of the box. i'd imagine dnc could benefit from it too, tho drg has skystrider now which i'm told is excellent and rng has always had ebow. even beyond that, sam could see benefits if the weapon was a top notch zerg tool since iirc, hagun doesn't affect 2 hr or shikikyo (i know i'm right on the 2nd b/c of all the qqing but i forget if i'm right on the former). when you examine it in the context of specific situations and how these could enhance the jobs more directly than +str, they begin to look a lot better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

0/1 on this fight

DRK THF SAM SAM BRD RDM got Batallia orc to 38%.

Strat we tried was a zerg but it failed miserably.

Sleepga>Engage NM>He enfeebles and shit like an asshole, likely RDM>Cures his pets>pets raped RDM>Tornado Edge melees>ballgame

Trying again in a couple hours with 2DRK SAM BRD RDM/DRK BLM (ideally) and I'm assuming we'll win very easily since it has low HP and CS stun should make it so much easier.

Question though, do you need to kill the tigers after, or do they depop when Orc dies? Pixie end the fight when Orc dies? Curious.

isn't the camp for the bg fight right by a cliffside? would it be possible to have someone standing above diaga the adds to get them off your back for a while? obviously they would not be able to join you for the fight later, but if it only checks x/y coords for proximity and not z to determine if you're in range to fight it might be an option.

That fastcast mod on the staff was nice... start casting the spell with it on, then switch to elemental staff. I'd say first useful mage weapon I've seen outside of an ele staff in a loooooooooooooonng time

Megalotaur pair is fucking evil. wipe at 5% constant hate reset(Mortal Ray is and two mode appears to be) and rapes mages. spams Triclip when Mighty strikes easy to kite during this phase since will miss everytime. Its like Prudence gets a hell of a buff after one dead. at first was hitting pld for 30-50 when both up then 100-300 100 fist style. when one dead gets huge regain, attack boost yaya, got the first one down in 5 mins couldnt barely touch the second w/o AoE killing DD. Recommend getting one low then doing getting the other low. Megalotaur seemed to go down faster though thats just eyeballing.