+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast

Thread: Watchful Pixie - fight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    With Merits and Usukane, you only need 10 STP to get 5 hit with that +16 Rindomaru. Rajas + Brutal + Ecphoria and you're golden. Easy 5-hit build that caps haste yeah I'd say that trounces Hagun pretty hard from more Dot, more WS, and possibly about the same if not more WS damage.
    Gekko @ 100% TP on that Rindomaru is 104% WS Damage
    Gekko @ 200% TP on Hagun is 110% WS Damage from what I'm told.

Last I checked 110 > 104.

That aside, the DoT from increased WS rate will probably top it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Gekko @ 100% TP on that Rindomaru is 104% WS Damage
    Gekko @ 200% TP on Hagun is 110% WS Damage from what I'm told.

Last I checked 110 > 104.

That aside, the DoT from increased WS rate will probably top it.
    sorry but wat? the weapon has ws dmg+5% on it so it is "110" vs 105, not that you're wrong but it is even less of an increase, I can full well see it outdoing hagun with a 5-hit set.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh yes, my bad, I was remembering the previous zomgRindo which was +4 WSD

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Yeah delay-9% WS damage+5% and STR or RAcc would be awesome but if that delay is from Xarc and you can only get WS DMG at Grauberg....
    I got a bow with STR+3 RATT+13 WSDMG+4% in Rolanberry, so WSDMG is not limited to Grauberg.
    EDIT : That was my 5th augment, I forget what all I got on the other ones, can't remember but I think I got a delay-% on one of them (wasn't a high number) as well as misc STR / RACC / RATT / WSACC / WSDMG

Cool, nothing's been posted to say there's any difference in Augments from different areas yet anyway.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Cool, nothing's been posted to say there's any difference in Augments from different areas yet anyway.
    From the zone kills that have been reported, people have beaten:

-Grauberg (S)
    -Meriphataud Mountains (S)
    -Jugner Forest (S)
    -Rolanberry Fields (S)
    -East Ronfaure (S)
    -Vunkerl Inlet (S)
    -Beaucedine Glacier (S)
    -Xarcabard (S)

multiple times.

This leaves:

-Pashhow Marshlands (S)
    -North Gustaberg (S)
    -Battalia Downs (S)
    -Sauromugue Champaign (S)
    -Fort Karugo-Narugo (S)
    -West Sarutabaruta (S)

unaccounted for.

The jury's still out if zone affects your chances of getting a certain augment since this system doesn't fail to surprise in every other aspect. Im still wondering how North Gustaberg (S) would go if a group was just to zerg the RNG goblin NM while remaining curious as to how zones affect augments.

Looks like time will tell.

Plus, 5 hit vs 6-hit is a 25% increase in WS frequency isn't it? So even with a 5% disadvantage it should still kick it's ass. You can 5-hit with Hagun as well but it will take more effort and at the cost of more optimal equipment.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Plus, 5 hit vs 6-hit is a 25% increase in WS frequency isn't it? So even with a 5% disadvantage it should still kick it's ass. You can 5-hit with Hagun as well but it will take more effort and at the cost of more optimal equipment.
    not again

and here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    not again

and here we go again
    I hope we can go there again, i just did some basic math, this is considering just easy to get gear. It gets even juicier if you can get Usukane, Velocious Belt, etc.
    This asumes you have the Rajas+brutal combo of course.

With a Rindomaru with just +9 Store tp ( hopefully with +5% ws dmg and +acc too) you can get a easy 6-hit build with +20% haste AND -3% delay ( from grip). Turban, Swift, Byakko, Fuma, Dusk Gloves.

Now if you get +16 Store tp on the Rindomaru, you can get a 5-hit setup, with 17 Haste.
    Changing Dusk Gloves for Hachiman, Askar body ( lol tp in it but maybe with pizza), and that +4 Store tp Grip.

Keeping the sterile hagun v/s anything discussion away .. at LEAST this pressent diferent choices besides the cookie-cutter sams.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Did Sauromugue Champaign (S) few days ago. Was pretty easy considering we had no idea what to expect.
    We went in with brd, rdm, pld, sam, drg, rng. A Yagudo Ninja and 8 birds are your opponents.
    The Yagudo can easily be tanked because he will spam feather flurry at range and only move in for TP attacks, he also has relatively low HP. The birds only have about 2k HP and can all cast debuffing ninjutsu. The Yagudo will repop them, but only 2-4 at a time. Repops seemed random but may have something to do with Utsusemi: Ni.
    The Birds were susceptible to bind and lullaby, But imo its better to replace the brd with another piercing DD since the birds are pretty weak and die quick.
    Also he never mijin gakured and neither did his birds, possible we were killing birds too fast too see them mijin so I wouldnt totally discount it.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

We zerged Batallia(S) once, and the augments seemed to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    From the zone kills that have been reported, people have beaten:

-Grauberg (S)
    -Meriphataud Mountains (S)
    -Jugner Forest (S)
    -Rolanberry Fields (S)
    -East Ronfaure (S)
    -Vunkerl Inlet (S)
    -Beaucedine Glacier (S)
    -Xarcabard (S)

multiple times.

This leaves:

-Pashhow Marshlands (S)
    -North Gustaberg (S)
    -Battalia Downs (S)
    -Sauromugue Champaign (S)
    -Fort Karugo-Narugo (S)
    -West Sarutabaruta (S)

unaccounted for.

The jury's still out if zone affects your chances of getting a certain augment since this system doesn't fail to surprise in every other aspect. Im still wondering how North Gustaberg (S) would go if a group was just to zerg the RNG goblin NM while remaining curious as to how zones affect augments.

Looks like time will tell.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by jupeeh View Post
    We zerged Batallia(S) once, and the augments seemed to be the same.
    That's the thing, it hasn't been repeated enough to say for sure if the augments are the same or if there is some method to the Fay Augment madness.

Quote Originally Posted by belragga
    Did Sauromugue Champaign (S) few days ago. Was pretty easy considering we had no idea what to expect.
    We went in with brd, rdm, pld, sam, drg, rng. A Yagudo Ninja and 8 birds are your opponents.
    The Yagudo can easily be tanked because he will spam feather flurry at range and only move in for TP attacks, he also has relatively low HP. The birds only have about 2k HP and can all cast debuffing ninjutsu. The Yagudo will repop them, but only 2-4 at a time. Repops seemed random but may have something to do with Utsusemi: Ni.
    The Birds were susceptible to bind and lullaby, But imo its better to replace the brd with another piercing DD since the birds are pretty weak and die quick.
    Also he never mijin gakured and neither did his birds, possible we were killing birds too fast too see them mijin so I wouldnt totally discount it.
    So the NM only used feather storm as a TP attack? or did it "melee" with it as in constantly using it to then use something else?

Sounds like an easy battle if the NM only uses the relatively harmless Feather Storm in addition to the birds being so frail.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So the NM only used feather storm as a TP attack? or did it "melee" with it as in constantly using it to then use something else?
    Basically Feather storm is his ranged attack, like a normal ninja mob will stay and throw shurikens and cast ninjutsu from range untill 50% HP, this guy just throws feathers instead lol.
    Can't get too complacent though since he will walk into melee range to use his other TP moves like sweep and Feather Furore.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Belragga View Post
    Basically Feather storm is his ranged attack, like a normal ninja mob will stay and throw shurikens and cast ninjutsu from range untill 50% HP, this guy just throws feathers instead lol.
    Can't get too complacent though since he will walk into melee range to use his other TP moves like sweep and Feather Furore.
    Ah, that doesn't sound too bad at all.

Birds should do nicely for a burn.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just got this on my first run,

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/Untitled.jpg

not sure if its ok, i like the Acc thought ....

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So i haven't seen it here but while passing through Jugner Forest (S), I got to see a group take down the augment instance there rather quickly.

The group consisted of BRD WHM BLM DRK DRG WAR with the BLM sleeping everything on spawn while the DD tore into Treefeller Snogrog, a BLM-type Orc that seemed to favor using Berserker Dance and earth-based spells. (Quake II, Slowga, Stone IV were what I saw) Stun worked fine given the BLM stunned Stone IV and the DRK bashed Quake II from what I saw.

Keeping the adds slept, the group took down Snogrog and all the adds died after that instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by thalandor View Post
    I hope we can go there again, i just did some basic math, this is considering just easy to get gear. It gets even juicier if you can get Usukane, Velocious Belt, etc.
    This asumes you have the Rajas+brutal combo of course.

With a Rindomaru with just +9 Store tp ( hopefully with +5% ws dmg and +acc too) you can get a easy 6-hit build with +20% haste AND -3% delay ( from grip). Turban, Swift, Byakko, Fuma, Dusk Gloves.

Now if you get +16 Store tp on the Rindomaru, you can get a 5-hit setup, with 17 Haste.
    Changing Dusk Gloves for Hachiman, Askar body ( lol tp in it but maybe with pizza), and that +4 Store tp Grip.

Keeping the sterile hagun v/s anything discussion away .. at LEAST this pressent diferent choices besides the cookie-cutter sams.
    You missed my post didn't you?

You can cap haste using +16 Rindomaru and get 5-hit.

25 Base + 10 Merits + 5 Rajas + 13 Usukane Body & Feet + 16 Rindomaru + 1 Brutal Earring 4 Rose Strap = 74 STP, exactly enough for 5-hit on a 450 weapon. Sub DRG and use wyvern earring in the other slot and BAM 5-hit capped haste.

Gunitsoldier

Quote Originally Posted by Rasantath View Post
    i finally got a bst axe erlking's tabar with pet augments from grauberg
    pet: critical hit rate +2

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/attac...1&d=1249775884

i kept it
    the flash+7 will probably be nice when soloing too
    You sure it's from grauberg? 15 + attempts at my axe there and not ONE pet augment

You missed my post didn't you?

You can cap haste using +16 Rindomaru and get 5-hit.

25 Base + 10 Merits + 5 Rajas + 13 Usukane Body & Feet + 16 Rindomaru + 1 Brutal Earring 4 Rose Strap = 74 STP, exactly enough for 5-hit on a 450 weapon. Sub DRG and use wyvern earring in the other slot and BAM 5-hit capped haste.
    Nope i didint, but i wanted to put the thing in perspective, since you know, not everyone has access to salvage gear.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kathea View Post
    I just got this on my first run,

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/Untitled.jpg

not sure if its ok, i like the Acc thought ....
    Got acc 5 tp 8 stun 8 on my first try. Ofcourse the tp could be better but I like the Stun proc rate.