Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Merit Camps?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merit Camps?

So.. Anyone found anything with potential? I havent had a chance to go hunting yet because of work

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

cointeach, nuff said

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    cointeach, nuff said
    Oh? Where at? I haven't been in Xarcabard much, was doing missions in Beaucedine, but the Skulls by Nue Tower gave like 93 exp for a 5 person PT. VT, etc.

nue tower in BCD has close to 15-18 of those VT undead sperms, heard they have low HP and seem to have no TP moves, but the magic they cast can hurt so stuns would be highly recommeneded.

northeast part of Xarcabard[S] has a bunch of wallrus but they don't seem to friendly to merit against.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Oh? Where at? I haven't been in Xarcabard much, was doing missions in Beaucedine, but the Skulls by Nue Tower gave like 93 exp for a 5 person PT. VT, etc.
    the ones in Xarc I was able to duo pretty easy as DRG/BLU x2, they have like, 2-2.5k HP at most and weren't hitting too hard, was getting chain 5's nicely and they're VT also

EDIT: oh, and no they don't have any TP moves at all, but with 2 of us the spells weren't a problem at all cause they usually died before getting any off.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nue area also has about 3-4 imps along with the Cointeaches.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    nue tower in BCD has close to 15-18 of those VT undead sperms, heard they have low HP and seem to have no TP moves, but the magic they cast can hurt so stuns would be highly recommeneded.

northeast part of Xarcabard[S] has a bunch of wallrus but they don't seem to friendly to merit against.
    except that blms own them (about 3 nukes to kill. possibly 40% HP per T4)

EDIT: based on xarcabard ones.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Yeah the whole area from the ramp by the Xarcabard zone to Nue's tower is choc full of VT floating skulls and Imps, so they may be a possibility, but it does sound like exp/kill is really low.

Thats pretty much all I saw in my exploration that would seem worthwhile. The Walruses apparently aren't merit friendly, and the pockets of Gigas don't seem to have enough mobs to sustain good chaining. Don't know how rough Gargoyles are so they may be feasible.

There are also tons and tons of Gigas Tigers that conned EM-T to 75 in Glacier, but there are also regular VT Tigers around most of them too. I did see a set of 2 in Xarc with nothing else around them so that might be a good alternative to Vunkerl.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Nue area also has about 3-4 imps along with the Cointeaches.
    Cointeaches spammed Ice Spikes when i soloed them and unless your RDM is very fast, they might just be boring and boring

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The gargoyles have some kinda painful magic aoes, including one that is aoe damage + grav. Seems like it'd be like meriting on flies in Caedarva - XP/kill is ok but the aoe damage racks up too fast for healer MP imo.

Cointeaches might be a good xp camp for low 70s? XP/kill was low for a party of 75s, even with the kill-speed - would probably kill too fast for respawns, or if you compensate by spacing out kills to keep chain then the xp/hour wouldn't be too good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Drex View Post
    The gargoyles have some kinda painful magic aoes, including one that is aoe damage + grav. Seems like it'd be like meriting on flies in Caedarva - XP/kill is ok but the aoe damage racks up too fast for healer MP imo.

Cointeaches might be a good xp camp for low 70s? XP/kill was low for a party of 75s, even with the kill-speed - would probably kill too fast for respawns, or if you compensate by spacing out kills to keep chain then the xp/hour wouldn't be too good.
    yeah but as far as duoing/trioing goes it's better than birds because there's no TP moves to worry about and so far it seems competition will be low, plus you can solo/duo/trio them pretty much with any job combinations

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What about all the IT/VT demons/tauri outside the castle? Looked to easily be Uleguerand Range+1

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

what about the coeurls before the entrance to uleguerande range, there seem to be plenty of them, and only of them (ok occasional ice ele pop)?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Why would you merit on something capable of using Doom (Mortal Ray) on you? :/ You can spam all the holy water you want, but it'll eventually catch up to you.

The cointeach's seem more like solo/lowman manaburn fodder. I could even see BLUs and BLMs joining up on them. Might be fun... too bad there's only 1/2 camps for it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Where are my Tundra Colibri? :<

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post
    Why would you merit on something capable of using Doom (Mortal Ray) on you? :/ You can spam all the holy water you want, but it'll eventually catch up to you.

The cointeach's seem more like solo/lowman manaburn fodder. I could even see BLUs and BLMs joining up on them. Might be fun... too bad there's only 1/2 camps for it.
    Uleguerand range was the best exp/h pre-toau. And it's not hard to avoid doom.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Belgaer View Post

#1 Because it's easily avoidable
    #2 Because it's always funny when someone get hit with doom
    #3 It used to be the best xp camp before (top of the mountain in uleguerand) for 12-14k/h

Hell, we were eating dragonsteak at that xp camp to increase the stress level.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    #1 Because it's easily avoidable
    #2 Because it's always funny when someone get hit with doom
    #3 It used to be the best xp camp before (top of the mountain in uleguerand) for 12-14k/h

Hell, we were eating dragonsteak at that xp camp to increase the stress level.
    That camp could easily break 20k, I think highest was around 22k/h? pre-cor, etc

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

At the entrance of Xarcabard there's a ton of VT gigas along with tiger pets. Depends whether they provide any sort of EXP bonus.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

i dont know if they pop that way but there are two gigas bst's with tiger pets by the OP in xarcabard, may be good for pre-75 manaburn camp. though the one on the south side can wander off, 3 blms would probably lay waste to them for some good exp per hour, and death wouldnt be much a problem because of how easy it is to get to camp.