Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I can't seem to find the thread awhile back about the best possible monk augmented helms for "Anwig Salade" from the Kupo expansion.

Was the consensus;

STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy+10
    Accuracy+10 Attack+4

As the best possible augments?

Also what are some viable options for Ninja with the Salade.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    I can't seem to find the thread awhile back about the best possible monk augmented helms for "Anwig Salade" from the Kupo expansion.

Was the consensus;

STR+4 Weapon Skill Accuracy+10
    Accuracy+10 Attack+4

As the best possible augments?

Also what are some viable options for Ninja with the Salade.
    I've seen mention of Acc10/Att5 with the 3haste/snapshot(wtf?) as a sort of free usukane head. If I get the add-on, I'll be getting that for cor melee tp, and I would probably full-time that on mnk.

That's probably the best option if you want a tp piece. If you want a WS piece for multihits, since you mentioned mnk also, what you listed is great (though it's actually WSACC +15 and ATK +5 for those you mentioned, so even better).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Should I look at "and" as in 420 Total with Pizza or 420 Total in gear (Then you add in the Pizza).
    with pizza. Remove 35-40acc to know the acc w/o pizza. Forgot salvage too: 370 caps on everything but boss and qqth, 410 enough with boss

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    So, are NMs windows up when the server resets, or does it act like they've just been killed and you need to wait the full cooldown?
    I can't remember if it's different for other mobs but I'm sure their ToD's reset so it's their window right after maintenance. A LS mate of mine kept telling me otherwise until I went and camped Eastern Shadow (16-32 hour respawn) and he spawned maybe 4 hours after maintenance was over.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhno View Post
    So, are NMs windows up when the server resets, or does it act like they've just been killed and you need to wait the full cooldown?
    It Varies depending on the NM. I know there's a couple of 72 hour NMs that pop 24 later. But yeah, varies.

how do i get my pol id? still haven't figured out what i need before i call them

Is there a somewhat comprehensive BLU guide anywhere that has sample spellsets for different events and isn't written by allatards?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Is there a somewhat comprehensive BLU guide anywhere that has sample spellsets for different events and isn't written by allatards?
    No, but I can write up some depending on the Event/Assimilation Merits/CB or Not/HB Set or not.

Clemente

Decided to ask here; a couple of questions about the augments.

So, can you augment any gear that's not rare or exclusive?

I'm considering buying up a ton of Hiearch Belts and shooting for a big +MP augment, since I pretty much never swap that slot when I'm playing SMN.

At 8K a pop I'm sure I'll get something worthwhile eventually.

Also, anyone seen +Pet: Attack/Accuracy or is are the pet augments exclusively from some ACP mission? (Didn't bother spending $10 on it, no idea)

I might also try to get some CHR on Piccolo +1 or Horn +1 since they are also quite cheap - especially the Piccolo, but I have no idea if you can augment these things.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    Decided to ask here; a couple of questions about the augments.

So, can you augment any gear that's not rare or exclusive?

I'm considering buying up a ton of Hiearch Belts and shooting for a big +MP augment, since I pretty much never swap that slot when I'm playing SMN.

At 8K a pop I'm sure I'll get something worthwhile eventually.

Also, anyone seen +Pet: Attack/Accuracy or is are the pet augments exclusively from some ACP mission? (Didn't bother spending $10 on it, no idea)

I might also try to get some CHR on Piccolo +1 or Horn +1 since they are also quite cheap - especially the Piccolo, but I have no idea if you can augment these things.
    You can *only* augment non-R/EX items.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Death Blossom question:
    Does it allow spells to be landed on mobs normally immune to that type of spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    Death Blossom question:
    Does it allow spells to be landed on mobs normally immune to that type of spell?
    It does not. It's nowhere near as potent as people keep claiming in my experience, seems to be equivalent to +20-30 m.acc on caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    No, but I can write up some depending on the Event/Assimilation Merits/CB or Not/HB Set or not.
    A couple sample sets for:

Solo(coffer keys/weak trash)
    Solo/Duo(imps/other T-VT mobs)
    Physical DD in limbus/dynamis normal zones
    Magic DD

would be great, if it's not too much trouble. If my original question was unclear, I'm referring to which spells to have set not what gear to wear for them :X I think I can figure out what's optimal fine based on mods, just a bit lost on which spells I should have set with so many options @.@;

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The "Core" set up which mostly applies to any event where you're swinging swords is:

Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Chaotic Eye (Conserve MP)
    Head Butt
    Refueling
    Frenetic Rip
    Hysteric Barrage
    Magic Fruit
    Disseverment

Plasmic Charge (Refresh)
    Actinic Burst (Refresh)
    Zeph Mantle (Conserve MP)

This leaves either 11pts with maxed Assimilation or 6pts without maxed Assimilation. Some opt to take Hysteric Barrage off (5pts free), but it's a very good spell if you have the DEX to back it up since it's cheap and does nice damage.

Solo(coffer keys/weak trash)
    Depending on the mobs:

MP Drain (Requires: Mobs with MP/Reason: To continue without resting)
    Sheep Song (Cheap CC)
    Blank Gaze (Ice spikes)
    Vertical Cleave (Self-Darkness)

Solo/Duo(imps/other T-VT mobs)
    Magic Hammer (Imp Specific and requires a MND Build)
    Sprout Smack (Slow for tanking)
    Bad Breath + Sub-Zero Smash (Kills your points, but gives you Fast Cast for shadows and a cheap Para)
    Spells from the coffer list are applicable where needed (Dispel and CC)

Physical DD in limbus/dynamis normal zones
    MP Drain (Obvious reasons here)
    Bad Breath + Sub-Zero Smash (Only really need it if tanking)
    Vertical Cleave (Self-Dark in these zones is very good bar Temenos)
    If you find left over points, use them for sleep spells like Soporific/Pinecone Bomb/Sheep Songs. Sometimes you might find yourself needing to stun mobs that can resist Head butt, so Temporal Shift is not a bad idea.

Magic DD
    Depends on the type of magic. Breath spells are unaffected by MAB, but Magic ACC and HP (Of course) affect them. Not very familiar with these, so I'll just list the spells you need for traits. To figure out what to set for the rest, just divide the amount of stats you get by the point cost (Aka Triumphant Roar is 3pts to set and gives 3STR for a 1:1 Ratio). Equip them in the order of least to greatest (Pts:Stat) in order for this to work.

Mind Blast (Good for Fafnir): MND
    Eyes on Me (Apollyon HNM/Dynamis): CHR
    Firespit (No idea...): INT and MND
    Regurgitation (1CE, so it can be spammed for little DMG, and is used to solo Grauberg Wyvern): INT (MND Mod, but INT > MND usually)
    Breath Spells: HP
    1000 Needles: Magic ACC

Usually you'll be sub RDM or BLM for the Magic ATT Bonus, but if not, here are cheap MAB trait sets for each:

Mind Blast: Cursed Sphere + Reactor Cool
    Eyes on Me: Eyes on Me + Sound Blast
    Firespit: Reactor Cool + Sound Blast (Though Magic Hammer comes with MND as a mod, Sound Blast decreases the enemy's INT)
    Regurgitation: Reactor Cool + Sound Blast

Note: For Non-Breath/1k Needles spells, Amplification is recommended for 10MAB (Memento Mori is only for SS Nukes since you'll barely get one nuke off with it).

Thanatos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just a small question about THF feet choices.
    Assuming no Homam, is the general consensus TPing in Dusk and SA and TA in Dragon/Bounding Boots?
    Thanks in advance.

@Yugl: Very helpful, thanks a ton!

@Kaeko: I remember Wizerd doing some tests with very inadequate sample sizes on qiqirn in alzadaal, while it was proposed that some new sushi gave m.acc. I'm sure you could find them if you could figure out the godawful search function, not 100% sure that's where that data came from though.
    Edit: Oh, looking at wiki's edit history it was all added by Pchan. That's good enough to conclude it's bullshit ;/

@Silent: Enkidu's are a good option if you can get a couple people together for ZNMs, for both TP and SA/TA/WS.

Thanatos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

@Silent: Enkidu's are a good option if you can get a couple people together for ZNMs, for both TP and SA/TA/WS.
    Yeah, I've been trying to get them for a while with no luck. :/
    But until then, Dusk and Dragon/Bounding?

if you didn't see edit, wiki history says pchan posted all of it :/ so in all likelihood it has 0 basis in fact and no documented tests

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Snapshot: Does it reduce the delay between hitting the button for a ranged attack and the landing of said attack, or just the total delay before one can begin another round of firing?

With the Rose Strap now in play, it's time to cash in my Coselete for something new. I'm thinking Mirke RACC+10 for my THF, but I'm not sure what to pick with the second augment.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

yugl with new spells, I am unsure of would be "best" Cannonball spell list now w/F. roar needed, w/m fruit needed, w/both and w/neither.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast