BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    yugl with new spells, I am unsure of would be "best" Cannonball spell list now w/F. roar needed, w/m fruit needed, w/both and w/neither.
    This is a quick list modifying my old one. Both of the new spells actually provide the best Statt Ratio of STR/VIT. Triumphant Roar is 1:1 (STRts) and Sub-Zero Smash is 3:4 (VITts). In this set up I use most of the STR spells (Except Spiral Spin since it's 1:3) available.

CB Set up with Magic Fruit OR Frightful Roar:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Magic Fruit/Fightful Roar
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Actinic Burst
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Saline Coat

Total Pts: 50/50
    STR: 22
    VIT: 8

Note: In the case that Frightful Roar is set, you do not need Actinic Burst (Noticed by Wolfknight), so you can replace it with either Vertical Cleave for DEF bonus and 1VIT or Magnetite Cloud for 2VIT. With full Assimilation merits, that leaves you with one BLU point. If you don't have 5/5 Assimilation, I would opt to Remove Pinecone Bomb (Or Blastbomb/Bludgeon) + Vertical Cleave or Magnetite Cloud (Whichever you choose to set).

CB set up with both:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Magic Fruit
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Magnetite Cloud/Vertical Cleave
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Frightful Roar

Total Pts: 49/50
    VIT: 6

Note: If no Assimilation, I would opt out Magnetite Cloud/Vertical Cleave + Pinecone Bomb (Or Bludgeon/Blastbomb) (1STR + 2VIT).

CB Set up WITHOUT Magic Fruit or Frightful Roar:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Spiral Spin/Magnetite Cloud/Vertical Cleave (Again, it's 1STR v 2 VIT v DEF Bonus + 1VIT)
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Actinic Burst
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Saline Coat

STR: 22 (+1)
    VIT: 8 (+2)

Note: The (+X) Values depend on if you choose Spiral Spin for STR or Magnetite Cloud for VIT. If you don't have Assimilation, remove Saline Coat, Magnetite Cloud, or Saline Coat + Pinecone Bomb, Blastbomb, or Bludgeon.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    This is a quick list modifying my old one. Both of the new spells actually provide the best Statt Ratio of STR/VIT. Triumphant Roar is 1:1 (STRts) and Sub-Zero Smash is 3:4 (VITts). In this set up I use most of the STR spells (Except Spiral Spin since it's 1:3) available.

CB Set up with Magic Fruit OR Frightful Roar:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Magic Fruit/Fightful Roar
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Actinic Burst
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Saline Coat

VIT: 8

Note: If you don't have 5/5 Assimilation, I would opt to Remove Pinecone Bomb (Or Bomblast/Bludgeon) + Saline Coat (1STR + 2 VIT).

CB set up with both:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Magic Fruit
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Actinic Burst
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Frightful Roar

VIT: 6

Note: If no Assimilation, I would opt out Sub-zero Smash + Pinecone Bomb (Or Bludgeon/Blastbomb) (1STR + 3VIT). You get one point left for some wacky spell, and I don't see other ways of mixing it up unless you want to remove Sub-zero Smash + Pinecone Bomb + Bludgeon and add in Magnetite Cloud/Saline Coat. That essentially replaces 1STR with 2VIT, but it would take math on the specific mob to determine which is better (Suiram can do the numbers!).

CB Set up WITHOUT Magic Fruit or Frightful Roar:
    Bludgeon
    Cocoon
    Uppercut
    Pinecone Bomb
    Spiral Spin/Magnetite Cloud (Again, it's 1STR v 2 VIT)
    Blastbomb
    Bomb Toss
    Cannonball
    Self-Destruct
    Triumphant Roar
    Firespit
    Plasma Charge
    Actinic Burst
    Heat Breath
    Sub-zero Smash
    Saline Coat

STR: 22 (+1)
    VIT: 8 (+2)

Note: The (+X) Values depend on if you choose Spiral Spin for STR or Magnetite Cloud for VIT. If you don't have Assimilation, remove Saline Coat, Magnetite Cloud, or Saline Coat + Pinecone Bomb, Blastbomb, or Bludgeon.
    thanks few things though, you don't set def bonus for non /war?
    Since 6 points[S. Coat + V. Cleave] for 3 vit/10 def seems good[17~18 after food/cocoon], especially in last set where only giving 1 vit or 1 str for 1 vit since I don't tend to have a brd, I don't think ignoring the def is good, I would think it's worth setting. If brd though I could see it not being as big of a deal though.

Also in set-ups for F. roar you can drop actinic burst for something else since you have refresh w/o it and plamsa gives str, what would u say to put in?

Also I ussually set Zeph mantle for /thf, or /war otherwise don't. But blinks often saves me since I tend to pull hate, it buys time for tanks to get it back, and gives conserve mp. So for /thf or /war do you see it as worth while to set, or should I just ignore defensive spells?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    if you didn't see edit, wiki history says pchan posted all of it :/ so in all likelihood it has 0 basis in fact and no documented tests
    And the best thing is, he tries to use it in arguments on here.

He posted the link when he was staying that stacking INT is the best way to reduce magic damage.

Even to the point where he was arguing over the existence of the level correction on magic.

I didn't realise at the time that it was him editing the page /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    Death Blossom question:
    Does it allow spells to be landed on mobs normally immune to that type of spell?
    No, it lowers magic evasion. There is no mob that are immune to slow that suddenly allow slow to land after death blossom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    It does not. It's nowhere near as potent as people keep claiming in my experience, seems to be equivalent to +20-30 m.acc on caster.
    It does magic evasion -10 to all elements, which is stricly equivalent to magic accuracy +10 to all players, or, 5% landing rate on very resistant mobs. Enspells 2 also do -10 magic eva, but only to a specific element, and you have to keep meleing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Does Bune have windows?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfknight View Post
    thanks few things though, you don't set def bonus for non /war?
    Since 6 points[S. Coat + V. Cleave] for 3 vit/10 def seems good[17~18 after food/cocoon], especially in last set where only giving 1 vit or 1 str for 1 vit since I don't tend to have a brd, I don't think ignoring the def is good, I would think it's worth setting. If brd though I could see it not being as big of a deal though.
    You could go either way (And your combo doesn't seem like a bad idea at all). I prefer to keep all DEF I need in the form of Cocoon and Tacos. Not quite sure how the VIT mod plays into this; I just know that it's 2x the effectiveness during CA. I doubt you'll notice any difference between setting Vertical Cleave v one of the other spells. In short, I never go for DEF in spells set ups, but I think in this case it might work out (And give you free access to Cleave if needed).

Also in set-ups for F. roar you can drop actinic burst for something else since you have refresh w/o it and plamsa gives str, what would u say to put in?
    Never noticed that since I set Plasma + Actinic religiously, but I think that combo might be best (The one with Frightful Roar) since you'll have Self-Destruct set anyways. In that case, use Vertical Cleave/Magnetite Cloud when you have Frightful Roar set (Without Magic Fruit to ensure that Saline Coat is there) and use Saline Coat/Magnetite Cloud when both are set.

Also I ussually set Zeph mantle for /thf, or /war otherwise don't. But blinks often saves me since I tend to pull hate, it buys time for tanks to get it back, and gives conserve mp. So for /thf or /war do you see it as worth while to set, or should I just ignore defensive spells?
    It depends on the nature of the event. Stuff like Omega/Odin I tend to SATACA the tank anyways, so I typically don't need them (Though it might not be a bad idea on Omega for pods). On Tyger, the chance to SATACA is rare depending on the group you go with, so having a Physical DMG% Set and Mantle set is not a bad idea.

I'll go back and edit the old post to reflect the Frightful Roar's grant of Refresh.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Where the hell are the new white butterflies for the new Mog House furnishing synth?

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Can you trade signed things for Elite FoV?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Can you trade signed things for Elite FoV?
    No.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Can you open the chest for augmenting an item if it wasn't your tabs used, but you're in the pt? (Asking because I have access to another char and wanted to know if I could get more than 1 try a day by popping a NM on me and then popping one on him)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Can you open the chest for augmenting an item if it wasn't your tabs used, but you're in the pt? (Asking because I have access to another char and wanted to know if I could get more than 1 try a day by popping a NM on me and then popping one on him)
    Nope D:

Is Maat's cap even remotely good for Asuran Fists?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone done anything with their Moogle hat for THF? I keep going over the possibilities in my head and nothing really seems compelling.

Is 3% Haste/Snapshot and 10 acc / 5 atk even remotely worth considering as a TP piece? the 15 WS Acc choice seems like it would not be needed for THF thanks to SA and TA, and the 2% Crit damage increase seems minor, even if it might play nice with X's Knife. Thoughts welcomed.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mateuns7 View Post
    Nope

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I tried searching but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have the low man limbus thread bookmarked that used to be in the event forum? Thanks!

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I tried searching but haven't had any luck. Does anyone have the low man limbus thread bookmarked that used to be in the event forum? Thanks!
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/38765...er-limbus.html

Anything specific you're looking for in it?

Just looking at that and seeing how outdated it is, felt like posting the lowest setups I've done reliably:

Apollyon
    NW - BLM BLM, can be soloed but requires luck or exceptional gear
    SW - BLM BRD, can be soloed but requires luck or exceptional gear
    NE - BLM RDM WAR can win reliably, RDM and BLM duo most of the zone, RDM and WAR duo the 3f pot and the 4f melee immune gigas if others don't pop portal
    SE - RDM BRD DD, DD needs several types of weapons
    Omega - Tankx2 RDM BRD BLM BLM

Temenos
    West - RDM BRD DD DD, kill one mob per floor until last
    North - RDM BRD DD DD, clear basically everything except ton floor
    East - BLM BLM BLM RDM, can maybe cut down one more
    C1 - RDM BRD DD DD
    C2 - RDM BRD DD DD - RDM or BRD sub smn to single pull light elementals
    C3 - RDM BRD DD DD - RDM or BRD sub smn to single pull bosses, or have brd sac
    ultima - Tank x2 RDM BRD BLM BLM - BLM BLM, can be cut down but it helps having extra blm at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Mateuns7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Nope
    Soon to be Maat's Turban.

What happens when you turn down an elite FOV augment? There is an option to keep it or not, so what happens if you turn down the augment? Do you get the piece back?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by didgist View Post
    What happens when you turn down an elite FOV augment? There is an option to keep it or not, so what happens if you turn down the augment? Do you get the piece back?
    Nothing, the chest sits there and despawns after the time limit if you don't accept it.

Question of my own: I'm not sure if there are any other items that would meet the criteria to be augmentable other than Tredecim Scythe but, can items with hidden effects not be augmented? Or is Tred just some unique snowflake? >_>

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Secksi View Post
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/38765...er-limbus.html

Anything specific you're looking for in it?
    Not really, we have a newer leader who has taken over running Limbus and I was just going to PM him the link for research purposes. Thanks though, much appreciated.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast