+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scratch on my new Monitor     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Scratch on my new Monitor

Title is pretty self-explanatory. Was wondering if there was a way to fix it, or if Im better off trying to get ASUS (its an ASUS monitor) to repair it for me? Its not a very large scratch, not even an inch long, but its in an inconvenient spot.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Depends if it's just a little scratch or a huge gouge in the panel... If you can, I'd say get them to fix/replace it for you, it's a lot less hassle and it means you don't have to spend any money on pricey cleaning kits for repairing scratches.

Protip: Say it was damaged in shipping/packaging. For example, the box had a hole in it, or the power plug was loose in the box and was next to the monitor when you opened it.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    Depends if it's just a little scratch or a huge gouge in the panel... If you can, I'd say get them to fix/replace it for you, it's a lot less hassle and it means you don't have to spend any money on pricey cleaning kits for repairing scratches.

Protip: Say it was damaged in shipping/packaging. For example, the box had a hole in it, or the power plug was loose in the box and was next to the monitor when you opened it.
    I am gonna go with this man here he knows his shit..

When you make it sound like their fault they are usually prompt in fixing it.

BTW how did it get there in the first place?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I dont have a real desk, so the comp sits next to my couch. I was putting the keyboard on top of the tower, which is infront of the monitor, and hit it just so. It really wasnt even a good smack, I guess I just got a bad angle cause the keyboard has edges.

It wasnt a big scratch so I did a google search and came up with the vaseline fix. Its worked well enough so I may end up just living with a few little specks instead of a nice black gash.