BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quickest way to rank up in Campaign?

So Squenix finally introduces a Campaign item that is relevant to my interests (STP strap), yet they make it R/EX for some unknowable reason.

I already have plenty of AN from spamming SCNM fights, but I need to rank up so I can buy this damned strap. I'm currently Bronze Ribbon (or whatever the lowest rank is). I believe I'm also currently aligned with Windy (that's where I'm sent when I'm Retraced). The only quests I've done are the one for Sprinter's Shoes and Bronze Ribbon (I did the Windy one) and the two Sandy quests for Angelstone and Deathstone.

I need to know how to get to Starlight Medal in the shortest amount of time possible. Windy never owns sh*t on this server (there are Campaign Battles in Windy [S] all the time) and everyone and their mom is aligned with Sandy.

What's the best way to do this?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Is this a joke post? I'm having issues deciphering post weskitpocaplyse.

do campaign, get evaluated, do more campaign, wait 5 days, get evaluated, repeat until starlight medal

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Phede Mihnao
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If I remember correctly, you just need earn 5k AN each time if you go get a promotion every 5 days. It included both campaign battles and campaign ops.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, been forever since I tried to get a promotion.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    do campaign, get evaluated, do more campaign, wait 5 days, get evaluated, repeat until starlight medal
    Pretty much.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Well if you start now you should have it in 80 days or so.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

OK, either Campaign is really stupid and so lowest-common-denominator that it just doesn't matter, or some Serious Campaigners need to post.

My (admittedly limited) understanding was that you could opt to have yourself evaluated early instead of waiting 5 days. Is this the case?

If so, rather than wasting time whacking away at quadavs for 3 months, couldn't I do a specific series of Ops (or something) combined with daily(?) evaluation and fast-track myself to a medal?

Banned.

BG Level

Do the campaign op that tasks you with doing campaign battle. (Either offensive or defensive)

5 days *is* the early evaluation.

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    5 days *is* the early evaluation.
    This. Your medal lasts for 30 days.. you can evaluate as low as 5 days into it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

You can be evalutated once every 5 days. If you go 30 days without an evaluation, your medal is revoked. Having a bad early evalation does not hurt you.

Basic strategy:

Campaign alot. after 5 days, check your progress. you will be told: Congrats! New Medal!

or: You did good, but not good enough

or: Man. you suck.

If you get #2 or #3, just keep campaigning, then try again a few hours later/the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    OK, either Campaign is really stupid and so lowest-common-denominator that it just doesn't matter, or some Serious Campaigners need to post.

My (admittedly limited) understanding was that you could opt to have yourself evaluated early instead of waiting 5 days. Is this the case?

If so, rather than wasting time whacking away at quadavs for 3 months, couldn't I do a specific series of Ops (or something) combined with daily(?) evaluation and fast-track myself to a medal?
    Never seen it. Always 5 days inbetween evaluations at a minimum. Maybe someone knows something else, but I've never been able to shortchange that. I do campaign quite a lot because my job kills freetime so I can't do endgame. I've done enough campaign for 4 full sets of armor (IR lvl 45/68 sets and Bastok lvl 55/68 sets), plus several pieces from the Windy armor sets, several weapons to sell, and several of the accessories (HP neck piece, STR, VIT pieces, the magic accuracy piece, etc). I just make sure to do enough once a month to keep my medals if I don't feel like doing more. Its not something you're going to just slap out quick fast and in a hurry, AFAIK.

No, you need to wait 5 days between each rank-up. If you haven't done anything campaign-related in 30 days, you won't even be able to rank up to the second one right away, you will have to talk to the NPC to get your current lowest-ranking medal back and then wait 5 days to even advance at all. So I recommend talking to the evaluation NPC as soon as possible.

You will be whacking away at quadavs for 3 months

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You cannot fast track your way to any medal...
    There is a minimum five day wait between evaluations... >_> Have fun.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You can see about how close you are to your next ribbon/emblem/star/medal though, talk to the evaluation NPC, ask for eval, when they ask if you want to end it, if he's not saying "Congratulations!" then choose not to end the evaluation and keep campaigning.

If you're close to the next rank, they say something like "While the Allied War Council is pleased with your efforts, they do not merit further decoration" blah blah. That means don't end the evaluation, keep campaigning and keep checking for rank up.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You're boned. Good luck on your quadav smashing.

For the record, I've never understood why people don't take the simple time to do small things like missions, quests or rankups when they're made available. Doing them prevents yourself from entering situations such as these.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    You're boned. Good luck on your quadav smashing.

For the record, I've never understood why people don't take the simple time to do small things like missions, quests or rankups when they're made available. Doing them prevents yourself from entering situations such as these.
    I can't even fathom being Ribbon § in Campaign still.....

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    I can't even fathom being Ribbon § in Campaign still.....
    Especially when if you go over the 30 day mark and don't get an evaluation, you'll only ever lose one rank. Can go like 7 months like my character has without Campaigning, and still be at a decent rank.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Especially when if you go over the 30 day mark and don't get an evaluation, you'll only ever lose one rank. Can go like 7 months like my character has without Campaigning, and still be at a decent rank.
    Really? I recall coming back after months of non-campaigning and the NPC taki9ng two ranks.

Edit: Campaign is boring as hell and takes a ton of time if you happen to go to a zone and the battle finishes. Also consider wait time between campaign battles.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

easier way to get it right is do a campaign battle once a day, and make sure you milk full AN out of it

that should be enough to rank up every 5 days

5 days = 5 good campaign battles and you should rank up, any rank

im wings of honor, and thats how i work up to this stage. if i slacked for 5 days (aka evaluation left 20 days), i just do 10 nice battles and i rank up

not entirely true, but thats a guage

1 day 1 good battle and thats it

save your ops tags for possible inc splitting hiers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast