Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We all know GMs are retarded.

I think the bigger issue is how the fuck SE didn't notice this before they released the update. Don't they test this shit anymore.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    BST got fucked over FoV!!! I guess it's intended but it's still sad.
    Really? What happened? I've been playing SCH since the update and haven't switched to BST in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, BST is already so badly f*cked I thought we'd reached the maximum permitted value on the almightly SE Scale of F*ckage. I'm amazed they could do anything to make it even worse.

Just chill everyone, it happens IRL all the time. Just like IRL, things get fixed

If you ask a GM about something that is obviously a bug and an exploit and his response is that it is "Working as Intended", it is safe to use until you are told otherwise. If it's determined later to be a bug or exploit then it will eventually get fixed.

I work at an engineering firm and as policy we don't acknowledge mistakes without first repeating the issue for ourselves and determine the source. If there is an issue we advise the client what needs to happen to mitigate any potential issues while we work on a fix. Liability only becomes an issue when something serious happens so unless that happens nobody admits mistakes or places blame. Mistakes can happen due to the client, the engineer, ordinances, government agencies, or for no-ones fault at all. The issues get taken care of.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Not sure where exactly to post this but,

Every since the emergency maintenance I haven't been able to log on to FF for more than 5 seconds before R0ing back to the character select screen. I've checked my connection, system restored, ran just bare POL (no windower) and still getting the same issue. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. If I'm alone in this issue then disregard.

That SpellCast Guy
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kitami View Post
    Every since the emergency maintenance I haven't been able to log on to FF for more than 5 seconds before R0ing back to the character select screen. I've checked my connection, system restored, ran just bare POL (no windower) and still getting the same issue. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. If I'm alone in this issue then disregard.
    Have you ran the POL File Check function, or failing that, totally uninstalled and reinstalled the game? Yes, it sucks, but you might have to.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

the screanshot of the GM call was taken yesterday before the currently known issues was released.

dont even know why it was added to this post. they prob just realised it was a problem AFTER theat GM call was taken

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    Really? What happened? I've been playing SCH since the update and haven't switched to BST in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, BST is already so badly f*cked I thought we'd reached the maximum permitted value on the almightly SE Scale of F*ckage. I'm amazed they could do anything to make it even worse.

my biggest issue is sky, fov there attracted new people. which interferes with the soloing of a certain outdoor nm.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post

Hi Jade

Basically I had a bird charmed in Sky to fight this FoV NM.

The moment I popped the NM, the bird uncharmed but it didn't attack me, it was as if it got ejected, basically.

Then the NM started punching me before I noticed. I ran next to one of the 4 birds floating around and tried to charm them, but instead I get the message: "This action cannot be performed on the Flamingo"

I died shortly before I can call CC but it was hitting me for 150~200 per hit.

While I am aware this is probably them "battlefield" restrictions and I have to admit I've never tried to charm anything on the previous FoVs, I just found it a little sad that for once it's something somewhat new to do for BST and we can't do it despite the wild stuff around us that's usually charmable (unlike in Sea, for example).

Raidenleonhart

So far I am unimpressed with this update. I feel that SE is just becoming more and more lazy. I really wish they had not put the negative effects into the augments. It's bad enough you have to run around then spend time killing stuff only to see -1 str and -1 dex on armor that you plan on tping or wsing in. Ah well that's square for you expecting you to try try again lol.

Could it be possible that they will fix the augment thing in the future? Probably not but as a casual gamer doing endgame stuff isn't very casual haha.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Hi Jade

Basically I had a bird charmed in Sky to fight this FoV NM.

The moment I popped the NM, the bird uncharmed but it didn't attack me, it was as if it got ejected, basically.

Then the NM started punching me before I noticed. I ran next to one of the 4 birds floating around and tried to charm them, but instead I get the message: "This action cannot be performed on the Flamingo"

I died shortly before I can call CC but it was hitting me for 150~200 per hit.

While I am aware this is probably them "battlefield" restrictions and I have to admit I've never tried to charm anything on the previous FoVs, I just found it a little sad that for once it's something somewhat new to do for BST and we can't do it despite the wild stuff around us that's usually charmable (unlike in Sea, for example).
    Ouch, I've heard this a couple of times now. The battlefield seems to reset everything so that pets and avatars are dismissed once the battle starts.

I haven't tried these yet and don't know how charming works in them. Will try a couple this week. I had assumed the flamingoes and other local stuff would be fair game.

Nup - put an NM up in a BST playground and don't let BST use native pets. Just wish SE would realize not everyone who plays BST wants to just sit in exp parties with jug pets out to get the job to 66 for Maat's Cap and that some people do actually enjoy playing it with native pets and using them to achieve things... but nup... they'll probably just introduce a chcoobo breeding for your own personalized crab jug pet with /dance emotes and call the job fixed (and the sad thing is certain people will be happy enough with that - the deluded idiots on Alla who advocate buying a haub+1 and skipping even the NQ light staff cos they reckon they can outparse a WAR in merits).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

they restrict charming in Sky FoV fight? how retarded. infuriating even, considering thats our main JA.

Who's idea is this to keep restricting bst from actually being usable?

next: while fighting ouryu, charm will be deactivated, and drg pets are no longer allowed in bcnms.