Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

[Phoenix] Armada Event Linkshell Recruiting

http://armadalinkshell.com/templates...madabanner.jpg

Armada Linkshell of Phoenix recruiting!

Our current recruitment needs include an emphasis on support jobs, like Brd, Cor, Blm, Rdm, Sch, and Whm.

While we are always seeking melee/DD, and encourage same to apply, we expect those applicants to have strong merits and basic gear set distinctions (ie, you should have a separate TP and WS set - if you do not understand what I mean, then you are not ready for this linkshell).

Who we are

http://armadalinkshell.com/Aura/armada.jpg

Located on Phoenix, Armada is an end game event-oriented linkshell. We have a diverse member base, with some as young as high school age, and others close to retiree status. The largest portion of our member base, however, consists of people with full time jobs and/or full time class schedules. For that reason, among others, we do not camp HNMs and have no intentions of doing so. If your desire is to camp grounds, we are not the linkshell for you. If, however, you seek an LS that fits with your busy schedule and allows you the time you need to participate in events designed to gear your character to its potential, as well as have some free time for merit parties, quests, crafting, and any other activity in which you might wish to engage, we might be exactly what you are looking for.

What we do

We have several core events within the linkshell, all based around EST/EDT. Our events begin every weekday around 6pm EST, ending somewhere between 9pm and 11pm. Sunday is currently a free day, as will be every other Tuesday. Our current schedule is as follows:

Monday: Limbus - 7pm EST; Einherjar 9pm EST
    Tuesday: Sea farming/Jailers - 6pm EST
    Wednesday: Dynamis - 6pm EST
    Thursday: Rotation of events, including ZNM, Sea, Kirin, Ouryu, Bahamut, and others - 6pm EST; Einherjar 9pm EST
    Friday: Limbus - 6pm EST
    Saturday: Dynamis - 6pm EST
    Sunday: Free day, except for those who currently have a salvage team organized

We encourage the formation of additional salvage groups within the linkshell. We currently have two successful teams, with a third forming, and ready to start, in the very near future.

In addition, we often use free time, such as Saturday days, to assist with smaller-scale events, such as trigger pop NMs to obtain various items a member might need. In the past, we have used that time for swift belt runs, rostrum pump runs, and other similar events.

Why we do it

Well, given that so many of us work or have full time class and study schedules, we want to enjoy some of the end game aspects of the game, obtain gear for our members, but not spend all of our in-game time at a camp. Accordingly, we have chosen to focus on events instead.

One of our main goals is to upgrade relic weapons for members. We do them singly, one at a time, to maximize efficiency. Our roster includes 5 relic weapons, 3 of which were 100% linkshell funded. Having recently finished the Amano, we are currently working on our fourth linkshell funded relic, a second Gjallarhorn, for one of our most dependable bards. I should note that because of this system, the linkshell lots all dynamis currency.

Another goal, quite simply, is to obtain the best gear we can for our linkshell members. The majority of leadership has already acquired nearly all the gear they can to maximize their jobs, so in essence, we do it for the members. In our shell, people who attend events regularly are rewarded - it's that simple. Dynamis and Limbus are 100% point based, whereas drop distribution for einherjar, sea, and other similar events is a hybrid between overall attendance, event attendance, and need (discretionary). Our general philosophy is to ensure that any gear gets put to the best use possible to benefit the linkshell as a whole, and not just the individual - to do events faster, more efficiently, and overall, to get yet more gear for those who need it.

Our members are at various stages of the game right now - some extremely experienced endgame veterans with little left to obtain, and others much greener to end game events. While we do work with less experienced members, we do expect that any applicants will do their homework as well by learning what they can about various events, take instruction well, and not assume that they have learned everything they can about the game.

BG checks will be conducted for any cross-server transfers. Thank you for your interest and please feel free to PM myself, Yabai, or Kagomie on these forums or FFXIAH.com with any questions you might have.

BTW we are looking for members who can make almost all events. The times are posted above for that reason. Do not apply if you think you can only make certain events. IE:i can only make einherjar can i still app? no.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    BTW we are looking for members who can make almost all events. The times are posted above for that reason. Do not apply if you think you can only make certain events. IE:i can only make einherjar can i still app? no.

On that note, we are flexible with attendance to a degree and understand that people have lives, work, etc, that you might sometimes be late, or have to work on a given day. That is ok. What is not ok is showing up to one even per week, or only one specific event, to your liking.

Update: Seeking only brd,blm,whm,rdm and very well geared/merited DD now.

Thank you for your apps

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

this nigggaaaaaaa good ls if you are looking to do non hnm end game events. gogo yabai

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I don't know if anyone from armada still uses this, but i found this by chance and wanted to say hi this is Blossom (the crazy scotsman) playing ffxiv and still play XI on and off. hope you all doing well if anyone does see this.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hi, Blossom i'm still playing FF11

Hi to both of you! I'm currently letting a friend of mine use my old FFXI account, so you might see my toon running around again. I played FFXIV for a while, but never got into it like i did FFXI. It just didn't bring together people like it used to. Taking a year to get to max level would really bring people together. Sadly a game like that can't work anymore. Hope everyone is doing well.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

i'm still having lots of fun in ffxi finally finished Amano, Ghorn and Mandau