Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rindomaru worth it?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Is Rindomaru worth it?

Okay, now I'm asking this specifically in regards to my own situation;

1) I'm pretty poor, have just over 1 mil atm but that's from selling old gear and a lucky K. ore

2) I don't have Usukane, at all, and will likely never have any due to the above reason especially given I'm quitting for XIV when it's out.

3) Supposing I did luck out on a 15 STP Rindomaru, I've already blown 280k on these so I would then be out 420k, and to even get 5-hit I'd still have to use hachiman Kote and either Domaru or Boots. If I use the boots I'm giving up my 6-hit with Dusk Gloves & Sarutobi Kyahan.

So in short, is it worth trying for a 5-hit build when I can keep my current Rindo that has STP +12 or an and use haste gear with a 6-hit build? I can also do a 5-hit Engetsuto at the moment.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/78670...ts-random.html

Use this thread for these types of questions.

Rindo is only worth it if you can get a 5 hit setup without large sacrifices in gear (more than 1 piece of hachiman is a no-no imo). You lose too much haste, acc, and atk. Equipping that much hachiman to achieve a 5-hit is taking 1 step forward and 3 steps back.

So no, you'd be better off using onimaru and 1 piece of hachiman (hands work) for a regular old 6-hit till you can get a hagun.

Using onimaru and hachiman hands would be a better choice than rindo and dusk gloves, oni has 6 more base damage and the hidden 18 atk and 5 acc, so your trade off is:

3% haste (rindo+dusk gloves)

vs

13 atk 5 acc 6 base damage (oni+hachi hands)

I would think the latter is the obviously better choice.

Plus the -movement from dusk is lame.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

no matter how wonderful the augments are, i can almost assure you that hagun still win lol

yep thats the cruel fact for SAMs, its either Hagun or amano or futsuno

using other will end up being gimp somehow........

safe up for hagun i guess ; ;

for now, can stick to onimaru until you get a good augment for rindo and then the final, eventual outcome must be a hagun or woooooooooooooooooooosh

cant u just pray to the koki gods for sum STP on a hagun aug? lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    no matter how wonderful the augments are, i can almost assure you that hagun still win lol
    No man ... Rindomaru could possibly beat out hagun's damage, if you can get 5 hits setup and something like ...

STP+17
    ACC+5
    WSD+4%

Unless you're fucking lucky, you will waste a couple million gil before you can get this tho lol. (Plus Usukane Body/Feet that will cost you at least 12M)

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

yep thats the cruel fact for SAMs, its either Hagun or amano or futsuno

using other will end up being gimp somehow........

safe up for hagun i guess ; ;
    Pretty much unless like eva mentioned with the WS Damage + %. I think someplace it was stated that Hagun equates to just under +20% to WS Damage. That means you would need +DMG, +sTP possibly, and +something like 10% WS damage to really equate to something like Hagun.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i bet even the fail augment hagun from media section (-1 str -1 dex) will still win 95% of the rindomaru

maybe 100% if store tp + 17 doesnt exist

Sea Torques
    BG Level

a friend said he's seen one stp+17 in titan, no screenshot but i believe him

Well, I'm sticking with my Rindo for now as I'm finding the extra haste is really nice and will have a bigger impact once I get my hands on more gear (Swift/V belt) and I have too much to worry about atm with my in-game finances leveling RDM & NIN (and sometimes COR on the side X.x)

Rindo *can* beat Hagun with Hachiman as it's already been proven with the +15 mod you can get 5-hit and still cap on haste gear, which IIRC is not possible with Hagun. That gives it a pretty damned big edge, but getting lucky with augments... may as well play the lottery =/

God damn SE and it's randomness.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I would still put my money on hagun. Would need some parses or something really.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I think Hagun will always win just due to what it does.

Also any WS DMG % is useless unless you can stock it up to roughly 20+ %

3-4% is nothing, if you do 1300 you do 1339, 39 more dmg.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by rekie View Post

Bolded, I agree with.

Italics, wait what, did I miss the memo? Last I checked it was more dependent on if the Ws Dmg +x% stacked with Overwhelm, or was calculated before or after Overwhelm, and atm I don't believe there's a way to check on any of those situations.

Hagun is a 20% increase to WSD, going from 6 to 5 hits to 100 TP is a 25% increase to WSD in and of itself, discluding whatever actual lesser Hagun-esque WSD augment that can actually appear on the weapon. As long as you're not dropping significant helpings of Haste and Acc, Rindo should win.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Hagun is a 20% increase to WSD, going from 6 to 5 hits to 100 TP is a 25% increase to WSD in and of itself, discluding whatever actual lesser Hagun-esque WSD augment that can actually appear on the weapon. As long as you're not dropping significant helpings of Haste and Acc, Rindo should win.
    But it's not very difficult to get 5hit with Hagun without losing feet/hands. Plus the lower% TP DMG Rindo is doing per WS could overtime be less than what Hagun may do.

I guess it's just a cheaper choice, but ultimately I do not thing it would outparse a Hagun.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    Bolded, I agree with.

Italics, wait what, did I miss the memo? Last I checked it was more dependent on if the Ws Dmg +x% stacked with Overwhelm, or was calculated before or after Overwhelm, and atm I don't believe there's a way to check on any of those situations.
    I'm not including overwhelm as part of my argument because you can have Overwhelm on both hagun and Rindo so in parsing it would null it's self out because you might do 19+w/e weapon gives u %, but with hagun u'd do 19% from them, so they cancel out in testing.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I think it'd be a nice full usu gkt if you can get 5hit on it. Considering I use full usu, may go for one myself.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

But it's not very difficult to get 5hit with Hagun without losing feet/hands.
    It's actually very difficult to get a 5-hit on Hagun, period. You need an additional +39 Stp (After 5/5 Stp merits) on the Tp phase to have a 5-hit with a 450 delay weapon.

Grip - +4
    White Tathlum - +2
    Chiv Chain - +1
    Brutal - +1
    Rajas - +5
    Hachiman Kote +1 - +9
    Usu Body - +6
    Usu Feet - +7

Which leaves you at +35, with Carbonara having to make up the last few, not to mention how much Stp would be needed to Ws in To me, that's just loosing way too much :/

Gunitsoldier

So is it time to sell our beloved Haguns and go get a cheap rindomaru with better augments?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

obviously not lol

hagun can also be augmented for the extremely rich sam out there

like i said, i doubt even the best augment rindomaru is actually better than hagun in terms of damage

we'll see, its still early to decide which is better now anyway......

for now with the augments we saw, i would say not yet

Gunitsoldier

May sound weird but I hope its never as good as Hagun, I worked my fucking ass for one and if SE is gonna toss lowlifes who dont work for their SAM a cheap substitute that's as good as Hagun, this game is fucking done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast