BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Which is the best mythic weapon

Right following the discussion in the complete relic/mythic thread about Burtgang being rubbish and any PLD that has one upgrade is instantly a bad PLD.

So which mythic is the best? Best as in the biggest improvement for the job?

For relics most people would agree that G.Horn is the 'best' relic and Apoc is the 'best' relic weapon as both change the job.

What about the mythics?
    *PLD don't turtle any more (so joytoy or excal)
    *All the melees Relic is better than their mythic (is the general view)
    *BLM, RDM and SCH mythic are beaten by HQ staves

That leave jobs like WHM, SMN, PUP, BLU and DNC (all of which I know very little about)

So what you guys all think (I would have made a poll, but it is limited to 10 options)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nours Sruon
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

WHM is awesome and probably #1 in my ranking.
    SMN doesn't look that "omgawesome" but it's actually an upgrade over old gear.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

probably WHM or PUP

Which is sad considering WHM's is basically a macro piece and PUP's is... for PUPs.

Banned.

BG Level

Are you comparing Mythic vs Mythic or Mythic vs Everything? For example

*All the melees Relic is better than their mythic (is the general view)
    What if melees relic weapons are better than mage mythic weapons? That leaves room their mythic weapons to be better.

*BLM, RDM and SCH mythic are beaten by HQ staves
    What if HQ staves are better than melee mythic weapons? (Which is easily true imo) ditto. (EDIT: Though this is unlikely. Just an example)

This is a weird criteria.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

WHM I'd say.

DNC one, if I recall, grants more Finishing Moves from Steps, which is pretty nifty as well.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Are you comparing Mythic vs Mythic or Mythic vs Everything? For example

What if melees relic weapons are better than mage mythic weapons? That leaves room their mythic weapons to be better.

What if HQ staves are better than melee mythic weapons? (Which is easily true imo) ditto. (EDIT: Though this is unlikely. Just an example)

This is a weird criteria.
    My bullet points were there to point out the flaws in some of the mythics.

They weren't criteria.

The shortest and simplest way I can put this is: "Which job has will get the most use out of their mythic weapon based on the other options currently open to that job"

So for melees you are comparing the mythic to their relic and any other weapon they can use.

For mages you are comparing the mythic to HQ staves and other options (cure potency club etc)

Clearer?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misuto Vapira
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

X-Bow: A mythic that can use Acid Bolts and Gold Musketeer's Bolt is damn broken if you ask me... but I'm not sure if anyone shares my opinion...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Argettio View Post
    "Which job has will get the most use out of their mythic weapon based on the other options currently open to that job"
    PLD, WHM and possibly SMN. Haven't seen that any testing on the latter.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Um... BRD?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Um... BRD?
    I had to look up to see what the BRD one did, but that's a good call.

For all buffing songs that dagger is win.

Although HQ staves will win when accuracy is needed for debuffs.

Banned.

BG Level

Also consider a BRD/NIN will be able to a dualwield his quested fairy dagger.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Death Penalty

(Still hoping ... )

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I disagree about BRD. The BRD dagger is convenient but it won't change the way you handle certain fights and in fact it won't even really change the way you play BRD. 30 seconds added to each buff is not a huge deal. It would be totally different if you could extend ES Troubardor Elegy to 10 minutes and keep it up on HNMs solo this way.

WHM changes the way you approach certain fights - you may very well build your strategy around having a Yagrush WHM.

PUP weapon changes the way that PUP is played. I don't know enough to comment further.

I don't like BLU weapon. If you have a really tough fight coming up you can simulate having a BLU weapon by bringing some meds. In before "A mythic BLU can bring ether drops too."

SMN: MP costs go down and damage goes up. This is a straight dmg/mp improvement, but doesn't really give SMN any new applications. If you are hard up for a BLM and only a SMN is available, this does little to close the gap.

Overall I gotta say WHM then PUP.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

i'm sure i read somewhere after some one did the math with DRG mythic WSing at 300% only(to do with the excel or w/e they were using) and Relic spamed at 100% mythic came out equal to Relic but it dodn't consider it's double DMG procs but that considered if ya also consider the 100% between AM3s on mythic i'm pretty sure this will be a close one.

Also i think DRG is very powerful because AM3 stacks with jumps which is also enhaced by weapons job bonus this is prolly the perfect example of how mythics should be

Also didn't pple say the WAR mythic was very close to the power of relic ?
    outside this... tho imo some of the best are...

Edit: RNG is too thinking about it 51 base DMG and with 50 DMG bolts which = 101 DMG
    Guns your looking at 120 DMGish(none relic ofc)
    but if you keep up AM3 you'll be looking at about 125 DMG Avg shots (if it it's a 45%ish proc like DA) then on top of this you'll be firing 20% faster than bullet before ya consider the snapshot on mythic .... so now ya looking at i guess 25-30% faster firing than guns (WS less often tho to keep Am3 up) but like the previous poster said consider Acid bolts and Gold musketeers bolt in that mix and this could out do Relic bow or gun but we'll have to wait till someone gets it.

COR is very good (looking at +20% DMG without considering AM3 or job bonus and if AM3 stacks with barrage and quick draw this gun = epic)
    SMN for sure
    PLD and this is prolly best DD/Tanking sword

Rest i'm not sure about i wouldn't consider WHM that great anymore after they got Enusa and stuff but ofc it's still decent and better than relic for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    PLD and this is prolly best DD/Tanking sword
    No.

Whm, Pup, Smn.

The rest are trash.

Burtgang has it's situational uses..

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Burtgang has it's situational uses..
    First glance I read "situationally useless.."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

best mage is WHM sorry but it gives the whm something it should have had (but they added AoE erase so its cool right?)

best melee would be Conqueror on the fact most of the other jobs are bested by there relic althow Mythic x-box shooting blood bolts sounds kinda sexy

and best improvement to a job via weapons would be Kenkonken since it just improves the stand of pups auto and of course sexiness

since we haven't tested all the weapons out just yet it is still hard to pick the "best of each" when there are a couple of weapons left to make (Death penalty and Aymur) you never know just how much of an improvement is made

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Also consider a BRD/NIN will be able to a dualwield his quested fairy dagger.
    This. Song spellcasting time down plus added song duration creates the perfect meriting BRD. Can also have some applications in situations where a BRD needs to be near-constantly buffing melee at a zerged HNM, where shadows could benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    I disagree about BRD. The BRD dagger is convenient but it won't change the way you handle certain fights and in fact it won't even really change the way you play BRD. 30 seconds added to each buff is not a huge deal. It would be totally different if you could extend ES Troubardor Elegy to 10 minutes and keep it up on HNMs solo this way... WHM changes the way you approach certain fights - you may very well build your strategy around having a Yagrush WHM.
    Typically speaking, none of the Mythic Weapons really change the way any job is played. A Yagrush WHM still has to cast Paralyna - the only benefit is that its only once. No "new" strategy would be built around this ability... If I was an RDM/WHM paired up with a Yagrush WHM, I'd still be taking the time to clear status effects myself ASAP.

I don't like BLU weapon. If you have a really tough fight coming up you can simulate having a BLU weapon by bringing some meds. In before "A mythic BLU can bring ether drops too."
    Disagree here too. Any meds can make any job do things beyond their normal limits. A Tizona makes BLU more sustainable over a long period of time similarly. This is pretty useful for smallmanning certain NMs or events. They can also carry meds on top of this to be able to cast blue magic near indefinitely.

SMN: MP costs go down and damage goes up.
    This is a bit of a loose quote. The majority of MP cost incurred by a summoner is through the use of Bloodpacts, not perpetuation costs. Also, only magic damage goes up, which means its only worthwhile in the hands of a summoner who merits one of the prime Bloodpacts to level 3 or above and has an active MAB gearset for avatars. Then again, hopefully a Summoner unlocking Nirvana would be able to make this distinction.

My favorite aspect about Nirvana is that it makes Carbuncle more useful in a fight, really. lol

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

RDM Sword is clearly the most useful so I don't accidentally kill myself with Convert.

(Every RDM has done it, gdi)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn View Post
    Disagree here too. Any meds can make any job do things beyond their normal limits. A Tizona makes BLU more sustainable over a long period of time similarly. This is pretty useful for smallmanning certain NMs or events. They can also carry meds on top of this to be able to cast blue magic near indefinitely.
    This.
    I don't need 300 or more MP all the time as BLU even for hard fights, I just need enough to cast one of the many "oshit" spells the job has at its disposal if something goes wrong.

If I fall to 0 MP and damage>MP conversion procs even once I'm almost always guaranted to have enough MP to cast a stun, sleep or cure spell.

What I criticize the weapon for is that it has little to no use on HNM, but a lot of other relics and mythics have that issue as well.

Anyway I personally think that Yagrush and Ryunohige are the best mythics out there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast