Closed Thread
Page 2 of 669 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Aleksander Emelianenko: "Vadim Finkelstein Uses Fedor for His Own Business Projects"

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/27...nko-on-the-ufc
    In regards to strict terms of UFC contract, we asked Aleksander Emelianenko to comment:

"You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about "strict" contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor's fights"
    Aleksander Emelianenko: "Vadim Finkelstein Uses Fedor for His Own BusinessProjects" - Bloody Elbow

Aleksander Emelianenko: "Vadim Finkelstein Uses Fedor for His Own Business Projects"

http://i30.tinypic.com/33ygvgh.jpg
    In regards to strict terms of UFC contract, we asked Aleksander Emelianenko to comment:

"You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about "strict" contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor's fights"
    Aleksander Emelianenko: "Vadim Finkelstein Uses Fedor for His Own BusinessProjects" - Bloody Elbow

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Jyakku View Post
    Really, I still boils down to who needs the other more? Does UFC need Fedor, or does Fedor need UFC?

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    I'm surprised the Diaz fags havent been talking about this

STRIKEFORCE: AUGUST 15, 2009 ON SHOWTIME
    venue: HP Pavilion in San Jose, California

- Gina Carano (7-0) vs. Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos (7-1) (145-pound title)
    - Josh Thomson (16-2; #8 LW) vs. Gilbert Melendez (15-2) (LW title)
    - Babalu vs Gegard Mousasi (LHW title)
    - Nick Diaz (20-7) vs. Jay Hieron (WW title)
    - Fabricio Werdum vs. TBA
    - Isaiah Hill vs. Poppies Martinez
    - Ricardo Barros vs. Scott Lighty
    - James Terry vs. Jason Von Flue
    probably because the hieron fight isnt finalized yet, he is only the front runner. i would have much rather watched him murder joe riggs anyway. who are you to post about strikeforce anyway, isnt it D leagues?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Josh thomson might have to pull out of that fight too, apparently he got injured or didn't heal right from an injury. Slap some gomi v melendez on that if it happens.

BG Level

Apparently Fedor Emelianenko, UFC finalizing deal | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times

A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world's best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today.

The source, who asked not to be identified because he's not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor "very civil" just days after Fedor's scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.

Affliction wound up folding its MMA promotion activities and announced an apparel deal to sponsor UFC.

Now, Fedor, who has previously fought in organizations including PRIDE Fighting Championships in Japan, Bodog Fight and Affliction, is crossing over to the world's most successful MMA fighting organization, as well.

With a 30-1 record that includes victories over former UFC heavyweight champions Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Emelianenko would likely get an immediate shot at reigning UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar.

The source said officials were discussing details on the public announcement of the deal, which in the past has been complicated by Emelianenko's resistance to accept UFC's standard six-fight contract and his unwillingness to surrender some merchandising and marketing revenues.

But this month White said he was optimistic he could bring Emelianenko aboard, and his confidence was well-placed. The UFC declined to elaborate on Friday's scheduled announcement.

-- Lance Pugmire

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    probably because the hieron fight isnt finalized yet, he is only the front runner. i would have much rather watched him murder joe riggs anyway. who are you to post about strikeforce anyway, isnt it D leagues?
    Fuck, I posted "inb4 D league" in spam, and not here.

I'm a MMA fan, I'll watch any kind of Martial Arts. You do realize more people are excited about the 2 women fighting than the other fights? I know I am.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

says that guy that didnt know WEC was owned by Zuffa. and anyone not more excited to see mousasi fight than the chicks is fucking retarded

The Anti Miz

BG Level

also mousasi > machida fo sho

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What is the Main Fight in Strike Force? I watch WEC alot, and never paid attention to who owned it. WTF does it matter anyways?

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Jay Hieron, the former International Fight League welterweight champion has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce. In his first fight, Hieron (17-4) is expected to step in for Joe Riggs to face Nick Diaz (20-7) at Strikeforce "Carano vs. Cyborg" in San Jose, Calif., on Aug. 15. The fight will likely be for the first ever Strikeforce welterweight title.
    Some fan you are.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

'is expected to' NOT CONFIRMED.

maybe you dont go around callign people the 'diaz fags' and you dont get treated like such a clown. jfc i said us 'diaz fags' werent going crazy because heiron is only the front runner. congratulations on making yourself look like a bigger fucking idiot by quoting an article stating that he was the front runner. jfc just a few days ago strikeforce thought they could get gomi in to face diaz. god damn you grind my gears you stupid fat fuck

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Did anyone hear about this? This is gold

Anderson Lets Rip on Shogun, Wanderlei and Vitor
    MMA News - UFC
    Written by Fighters Only Magazine
    Tuesday, 28 July 2009 14:18

Anderson Silva has let rip on former team mates Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua and Wanderlei Silva in his most frank interview ever. He also threw a few barbs at Vitor Belfort.

The UFC middleweight champion says Shogun does not deserve his title shot and says Wanderlei needs to concentrate on regaining his PRIDE FC form instead of arguing with him through via the MMA media.

“I’m going to root for Lyoto [Machida]” he said when asked about the forthcoming light-heavyweight title fight between the champion and Shogun.

"I’m not saying Shogun is not prepared but how long did Lyoto have to wait to get a title shot? The truth is Shogun fought twice and how many fights Machida had to do? Its obvious something is up. I’m not here to talk bad words on nobody but life is made of chances and I said to our managers this fight shouldn’t happen,” he told Gazeta de Povo.

“Shogun didn’t fight enough to deserve the belt. The thing is precious and if I was Lyoto I wouldn’t accept. He is a great champion and must be respected but this is my opinion. [That said], I’ve much respect for Shogun, who is a great athlete that has showed good performances lately and recovered from injuries.”

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

fuck silva he got the same deal for MW title

BG Level

Some reports saying ufc got about 20 fighters from affliction to contracts. It said it's probably the 'lower' tier fighters so don't expect mousashi just yet as he is fighting for strikeforce and may not be able to negotiate just yet.

Another report/rumour about fedor and ufc saying that someone close to fedor is also saying he is close to a deal/has signed. I'm not sure if it's the same inside guy as the latimes article. Still rumours at this point so I'm not getting my hopes up as things seem to be moving rather quickly which makes me dubious.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

what happened to riggs?

i'm about to just add dimm to my ignore list

The Anti Miz

BG Level

he had a reaction to a 'drug' had to pull out of the fight. pretty sure it was a yeast infection

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

yeah that monistat can be rough

BG Level

Diaz mean mugged him too hard and he ran away.

BG Level

Day have you heard the story of diaz and riggs fighting in the hospital after their first fight?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 669 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast